• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Homestuck Mid-Tiers downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest we do "At least High 6-C, possibly 5-B"

High 6-C comes from Jackspers Busting Skaia, which is 12/13x the size of lands, and scaling to John's windstorm (Not the 2-A threat to Bec Noir or whatever)

possibly 5-B comes from the possibility of Earth C being Earth sized

John's windstorm IS the 2-A threat to Bec though. It is 2-A. So no, we can't scale it.

I could understand the Guardians scaling to that (busting Skaia), but would the mid-tier trolls?

Uh

Jackspers never busted Skaia tho.

Except if you're referring to him using the Miles to kill chess armies, but it did even less than the meteors in term of pure damage.

There's no reason for anyone to have a tier for it, not even Jackspers himself.

Well, the black hole in question doesn't really have singularity (since he more send you elswhere) but I guess it's still not good.

I'll try to see what else could be used.

Oh, and there's also the problem of speed.

Tho we have feats that can go from FTL+ to MFTL+

Because the Lands aren't true planet, so the distance between them has no reason to be the same too. Also Bec Noir took 3 hours to go from Prospit to Derse, and while it's obviously an incoherence for him, it means others characters take at least the same time for this distance.

Idk how to calc this nor if it's really needed. Shouldn't it be just Mountain level?

I have a proposal.

Low-tier Player: 9-A/8-C (depending on feats, Vriska would scale to killing higher tier monsters than John does thanks to their size) Early Game, 8-A Late Game (Thanks to Dave's feat)

Mid-Tier Players: 7-A Early Game, at least 7-A possibly High 6-B Late Game (this is via scaling to the meteors, which can be this strong at their highest, and which End-Game Sollux was able to deflect with ease).

But that's only with feats done towards the end of the game. Towards the beginning, John is getting thrown around by 9-A sized monsters. Plus, we know a leveling system exists. Separate keys seem reasonable.

The Wright Way said:
I have a proposal.

Low-tier Player: 9-A/8-C (depending on feats, Vriska would scale to killing higher tier monsters than John does thanks to their size) Early Game, 8-A Late Game (Thanks to Dave's feat)

Mid-Tier Players: 7-A Early Game, at least 7-A possibly High 6-B Late Game (this is via scaling to the meteors, which can be this strong at their highest, and which End-Game Sollux was able to deflect with ease).

I still disagree with using unknown meteors as the base of the rating (except maybe the one cut by Bro for him and the ones whom scale).

"At least 7-A (mountain level?), possibly higher" seems like a better rating.

Hense the possibly. We know for a fact that the meteors can reach High 6-B, we just don't know if the ones Sollux dealt with did.

I don't remember any of them being at this tier. Unless you talk about Jade's Texas-sized one, but it was Bec's power who did the feat, not the meteor.

Uh, wait, didn't Bec just counter the meteor? Wasn't the meteor itself going to do that much damage if Bec hadn't stopped it or am I remembering wrong?

The meteor was going to kill Jade, but if Bec wasn't here it wouldn't have killed everything (it's also why we see the green sun energy killing everything) . Irrc Andrew noted this point in one of the books, tho I'll check later.

From what I can tell with the calc of Jade's meteor, Bec has nothing to do with the numbers we got from the feat. It should be perfectly safe to use.

I didn't saw any calc about it, but since WoG clearly says that Bec is the reason of the world destruction irrc, I don't think a jump like "possibly High 6-A" for something which needed a First Guardian is very safe for the Mid-Tiers.

A "possibly higher" seems like the best for now I think.

Also even the 7-A feat only scale to very few characters, and which character scale to it (tho on a lower degree) still need to be discussed.

Well, as long as the High 6-A is only "possibly", I'm fine with it. Tho this meteor is an irregular case.

Fef scale to Equius, Eridan to Fef, Sollux possibly to Eridan

Gamzee, Vriska, Kanaya and the others doesn't really have anything to scale to Equius' feat

Nepeta doesn't really scale to Equius, since Equius>Gamzee>Nepeta. It would make a weird circular thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back