• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Historical vs Fictional: Hawaii Holy Grail Wars (Redux) (Game Thread)

Jack was still awake, his overwhelming desire to gain the grail, as well as his paranoia at being found, preventing him from resting. looking through the base Capone made, he grabbed several guns from the wall, strapping them across his back and shoulders.

"If I can amplify these with magic, these should be useful enough when dealing with Masters," Jack thought, loading one of the guns.

all around him, several weaker servants, Gangsters which Capone had created on their arrival, were standing guard at every entrance, their Tommy guns pointed forward, ready to fire at anyone foolish enough to approach their base.

Capone meanwhile was busy making something in one of the other rooms, creating a strange mixture of alcohol before pouring it into several flasks on his person.

Rin was quite carefree. "Isn't the night in Hawaii beautiful, Hei?" Rin said as she stared off into the distance. Her Assassin-Servant, Hei, let out a deep sigh.

"Aren't you too relaxed, master? We should be preparing for the battle against history, not staring off into space..." Hei said, crossing his arms.

"You have no spirit, Hei! You only have a single Noble Phantasm, right? Your not that versatile in long-range and you have no notable Noble Phantasms barring that Meteor whatever, so we don't need to prepare anything." Rin said.

"That's a horrible point, master! We still need to be on guard for any enemies! This arrogance is going to get us killed even if you are a top-class mage..." Hei said, hoping Rin would listen.

"Huh. Do I look off guard to you? I guess I would..." Rin said, rubbing her chin in thought. "Alright then, show me what weapons you have. Barring your shitty Noble Phantasm." Rin asked.

"I have plenty of weapons. Daggers, steel wire, crossbows..." Hei went on before Rin cut him off, "And you can control electrons and momentum. That's really all I need to know. All I need from you is that you never leave my side." Rin said, sitting down on a sandy beach.

"Is that so?" Hei asked, "...I don't particularly trust your abilities even if your mana is sufficient, but since we're already bound by a contract, I'll have to deal with what I have, master. Also, should we really be talking about my powers in the open?" Hei asked.

"I cut off sound from outside a certain area with a shitty bounded field long ago, Hei. Unless they're a caster-servant or a damn good master nobody heard us." Rin said, still staring at the stars. "Sit down and relax, Hei," Rin said, patting the ground, signaling she wanted Hei to sit with her. He sighed, sitting down with his master.

"We're both completely ******." He said.

"Nah!" She said.

While they were out exploring Abel made sure to pick up some food and water then looked for a place to set up a base, at least for the night. He found a rather spacious but still pretty inconspicuous house that made for a good choice.

As night started to come over them he set to work setting up some defenses for the house. He placed tons of his spider thread all around the area near the house. If someone were to break one he would be able to tell and react accordingly. He also used it to reinforce the doors and windows.

Then he sat down and began talking with Saber. He asked about his abilities due to wanting to make sure he understood everything he was capable of. Abel even managed to get his servant to teach him ki sensing. Soon after he got up and said, “Tomorrow we’ll discuss our plans moving forward. I’m going to gat some sleep, make sure you stay on guard.”

“Yeah, Yeah, I can handle it.” Saber said in response as his master walked towards a bedroom.

As night began to draw near, Tatsuya reinforced his eyes and surveyed the horizon from his outpost in a cabin on the edge of Lanai Island

Meanwhile, Azura was practicing her song on the beach in peace.

"Must be nice, being able to weaponize your voice with magic," Tatsuya admired.

Azura might have noticed him, because one second she disappeared, and the next she appears behind him.

"You should come out onto the beach, the water's really nice," She says calmly.

"Is that an invitation?"

"Certainly," she replied in the same calm tone, with a hint of amusement added on.

"Wouldn't it be wiser to wait and see if an enemy will attack?"

"I don't sense any Masters on this island, do you?"

"No...?"

"Then there's nothing to worry about," Azura said with a slight smirk. "Enjoy the night now, and begin preparations tomorrow."

Tatsuya thought it over for a while, before making a decision.

"I guess? It's still good to be careful."

"I know. I was summoned for a reason," Azura said before giggling, as they went onto the beach, with Tatsuya observing her song magic take effect.

Last edited:
Dante begins to set up magical wards around the Observatory trying to make it as secure as possible before he sleeps.

While Dante does this Ravana observes the remake of the Observatories Telescope, “It is good to see the study of the Stars have not been forgotten since my life has ended”

Dante turns to the Demon and says “Arnt to going to help me fortify this place?”

Ravana turns and simply smirks “I doubt anyone would be so bold as to attack the first night, even if they did one so foolish should be easy enough to deal with” he says before letting out a hearty laugh.

(I can't go back to edit my reply so here's pictures of my master and servant)

Shiba.Tatsuya.600.1703339.jpg

D9ItjaqU4AAv5KV.png

Last edited:
(This is pretty irrelevant to the HGW, but I wanna just put it out there for the plot)

The night fall onto the tropical island of paradise, as the cool breeze blow through the island under the endless starry sky. With no light of civilization in sight, the light of the heaven pour down freely in all of it splendor.

" 'The fight between human's history and human's imagination'....PFFHAHAHAHAHA! That's one of the best joke I have done yet!"

Under the complete cover of darkness, only the stars itself see a hidden figure, who was lying on the hammock, drinking a glass of cocktail while laughing hearfully. Silently, Laplace come beside them, reporting the fact.

"Every participant have fallen into their place, Host."

"Ah, is that so, great job Laplace."

Patting his head casually, they continued sipping the cocktail, which quickly ran dry.

"Speaking of which...did anyone comment on how you look?"

"No, Host. They just immediately focus on the war itself."

"Hah, they really have no tact...to think they would ignore such an obvious clue as to what really happen. I even dress you up in time for the Chrismas Spirit."

"It's still a month early, Host."

"In some place of the world, it's already Chrismas, Laplace. Better keep up with the time, you know."

"I will be reminded."

Casually bringing another cup of cocktail to them, the Host gracefully receive it from Laplace, and bringing it to their mouth once again.

"Well...it's also possible that they already notice, but are too blinded by the Golden Calf placed in front of them. Everyone is greedy for something, as always."

"It could be so, Host."

"Well, then as always, we will once again make another War, have everyone killed each other , let the winner have the Golden Calf, and then we do it all over again."

"..."

"Come on, no comment? Cheh, what's a bore you are...Said, what Number is it?"

Checking on the clock held in his hand, Laplace formally answered.

"It's Number 20:30:37, Host."

"Ah, so it's that deep in the night...Said, tomorrow the Festival will begin right?"

"That it is, Host."

"Well then, why not enjoying the night star along with me for tonight? Such peacefulness won't come easily you know."

"...If you said so."

"Good boy. Rest for today, for tomorrow, we will have a lot of fun."

In the place nobody know, beneath the night which shroud their figures. The two silently watch the star passing by, as the Host sip through another cocktail.

(sorry that I'm abit late, getting ready now)

"This is now Number 12:00:00. T-minus 1:00:00 left til the war offcially begin."

Laplace calling out to everyone in the middle of noon, from a top high, with a voice that strangely can be heard to every participants.

After the rollcall, he comeback to the forest, in order to check the place where he put the Helper.

A giant box was laying on the forest floor, constantly rumbling and kicking about, as if whatever inside is trying to escape. The dark, deathly aura constantly emanating from the box giving it a chilly, ominous feels.

Checking over his clock, Laplace once again make sure he can open the box on time, revealing what it is within.

[Hmmm …. A lot has happened soooo, time to speed run.]

Johnny appeared in a room with the rest of the Fictional Masters. He stayed quiet while the rest of the bizarre cast (and that was saying something when he worked in a Carnival his whole life) of Masters introduced themselves introduced themselves and proceeded to summon their even more colourful Servants one by one. Going to his own summoning circle, Johnny held out his arm and began chanting before there was a flash of light. Opening his eyes, he saw Command Seals on the back of his right hand but there was no Servant to be seen in the circle.

You must be my Master.” A deep, raspy voice echoed in Johnny’s mind.

Eyes widening, Johnny was about to say something before the voice sounded in his head again.

Don’t say anything. Simply think and I can hear you.

“…. okay. Who are you? What are you and why are you in my head?

I am Servant Rider and unlike other Servants, I instead take my Master as a host instead of using the Class Containers provided by the Grail system. This affords you, and thus me, an incredible level of safety as by removing the weakness of targeting the Master.

Makes sense I guess.

Before anymore could be said between the Master and Servant, they were falling through the sky towards an ocean below. A combination of the sudden shock and sensation of vertigo caused Johnny to black out, his body limply falling before his eyes snapped open, a fire burning in his sockets before right before he hit the water.

……

A flaming skeleton dressed in leather slowly walked southeast across the ocean floor between the islands of Molokai and Maui, the water around it doing nothing to douse the flames and instead boiling from the temperature. Steadily climbing the incline that led to shore of Kapalua, Rider finally emerged from the Pacific away from people as he heard the familiar voice of Laplace announcing the final hour before the official start of the war.

So many sinners, so little time.

With those words he moved into the settlement proper to find a suitable ride for the war.

[Hmmm …. A lot has happened soooo, time to speed run.]

Johnny appeared in a room with the rest of the Fictional Masters. He stayed quiet while the rest of the bizarre cast (and that was saying something when he worked in a Carnival his whole life) of Masters introduced themselves introduced themselves and proceeded to summon their even more colourful Servants one by one. Going to his own summoning circle, Johnny held out his arm and began chanting before there was a flash of light. Opening his eyes, he saw Command Seals on the back of his right hand but there was no Servant to be seen in the circle.

You must be my Master.” A deep, raspy voice echoed in Johnny’s mind.

Eyes widening, Johnny was about to say something before the voice sounded in his head again.

Don’t say anything. Simply think and I can hear you.

“…. okay. Who are you? What are you and why are you in my head?

I am Servant Rider and unlike other Servants, I instead take my Master as a host instead of using the Class Containers provided by the Grail system. This affords you, and thus me, an incredible level of safety as by removing the weakness of targeting the Master.

Makes sense I guess.

Before anymore could be said between the Master and Servant, they were falling through the sky towards an ocean below. A combination of the sudden shock and sensation of vertigo caused Johnny to black out, his body limply falling before his eyes snapped open, a fire burning in his sockets before right before he hit the water.

……

A flaming skeleton dressed in leather slowly walked southeast across the ocean floor between the islands of Molokai and Maui, the water around it doing nothing to douse the flames and instead boiling from the temperature. Steadily climbing the incline that led to shore of Kapalua, Rider finally emerged from the Pacific away from people as he heard the familiar voice of Laplace announcing the final hour before the official start of the war.

So many sinners, so little time.

With those words he moved into the settlement proper to find a suitable ride for the war.
(So where are you landing exactly? give me the Google map coordinate link)

Upon hearing the message from Laplace Abel turned to his servant and asks, “I want to hear your opinion on our plan going forward. Namely do you think we should stay on our own or should we try teaming up with some of the other fictional servants?”

Saber turned to him and said, “When I was first summoned I could tell from their ki that all those other servants are interesting people. Those are the kinds of people who I recruited into my squad. I think we should try getting them to work with us. Having friends by your side can be useful.”

Friends and working together huh. You can’t just trust people that easily. Abel thought to himself before responding with, “You do have a point that, at least in the early game, working with others would prove useful. The problem is what comes after. We will be forced to fight each other if we want the grail. Anyway for now we should search more of this island. You didn’t sense anyone before but we should still be careful. Now let’s go.” With that the pair left their base traveling up along the coast of the island looking for anything of intrest.

"Master, it is time." Ainz Ooal Gown said to Kianar, who was just waking up after the message

"Ah..!" Kianar said, jumping to her feet and getting her equipment on

"Sebas!" Ainz said, referring to the aged, white-haired butler in a black suit

"Lord." Sebas responded

"As you are the only one capable of leaving Nazarick besides myself and low level undead I assign you to Kianar's protection, if anything comes up contact me with a 《message》spell. And remember to keep an eye on the Demon on the side of history, such arrogance can only mean a few people, and Ravana won't take as much if any damage at all from non-humans like you or I. I'd not risk it being anyone else either, as Gilgamesh's sheer power would be even more then mine." Ainz told Sebas

"At least that's what Demiurge said, who knew he was so into human history? Anyways I need to keep Kianar safe, as my life does depend on her's, and she seems to be completely fine with me doing a anything." Ainz thought

"As you wish Lord, I'll perform this task to the best of my abilities." Sebas responded and turned to Kianar

"So, where are you going first Ainz?" Kianar asked

"To pay Saber and his master a visit. While we are temporary allies that falls apart once History is gone, and I don't intend to lose." Ainz said before teleporting outside of Nazarick, being followed by Sebas and Kianar, before flying away over to the island Abel and Yami were on...

"《Gate》!" Ainz said, creating a portal in front of Yami and Abel...

Dante begins to set up magical wards around the Observatory trying to make it as secure as possible before he sleeps.

While Dante does this Ravana observes the remake of the Observatories Telescope, “It is good to see the study of the Stars have not been forgotten since my life has ended”

Dante turns to the Demon and says “Arnt to going to help me fortify this place?”

Ravana turns and simply smirks “I doubt anyone would be so bold as to attack the first night, even if they did one so foolish should be easy enough to deal with” he says before letting out a hearty laugh.
(That works yeah.)
(I've been really busy like this whole week cause it's peak season at work)
(I can't go back to edit my reply so here's pictures of my master and servant)

Shiba.Tatsuya.600.1703339.jpg

D9ItjaqU4AAv5KV.png
(Don't mind me, just reminding ya'll!)

Seeing the portal appear in front of them Abel and Yami both stop in their tracks and prepare for any potential attacks with the servant standing right between his master and the portal. “Who’s there and what do you want?” The master asks looking at the portal.

Ainz stepped through the portal, a chaotic aura seeping from him, but nowhere near enough to actually effect either master or servant

"Caster. We should take advantage of our temporary alliance" Ainz said, showing no signs of aggression

"Welp, it looks like war is coming quite soon!" Rin said, smiling as she got up. "What's our next move, master? Do we meet up with everybody else?" Hei asked, "Well, yeah. Until we crush history into dust we're allies with fiction, so it seems beneficial to get to know them." Rin said, crossing her arms.

"That caster servant will no doubt me analyzing our abilities, so will everybody else," Hei said.

"Oh, there's no doubt about it. I suspect everyone is suspicious of each other, but I'm not too worried. Let's just stay chill." Rin said, shrugging.

"Whatever you say, master... Just don't act so arrogant or else we'll be out of the game faster than we entered." He said, warning his master.

"Meh, you worry to much, bitch." Rin said.

"Did... Did you just call me a bitch...?" Hei asked, surprised.

"Yep. Your bitchy, and your a bitch. Got a problem?" Rin asked.

"...A little bit, yeah." Hei said.

"Well get used to it!" Rin said, chuckling. "It's a joke anyway, dude. Don't get your panties in a twist!" Rin said.

"...Just don't anger anybody, master." Hei said as him and his master explored the island.

Both sensing that the servant lacked any sort of killing intent or bloodlust Abel and Saber both relaxed, although Abel was still cautious. Saber started to laugh saying, “Well if it isn’t the skeleton man. You certainly aren’t the one I thought I’d see first. Good to see you again.”

The master steps forward to stand next to his servant and said, “Ah Caster I apologize for any disrespect my servant is showing. Now then you said you wanted to work together right? I’m certainly interested in working together as long as we are able to.”

"For a time, yes. But my focus currently is finding more about the arrogant individual, as there are few whom are that arrogant, and they all have the power to back it up. And if it's one Ravana, Gilgamesh, Morgan le Fay, etc, I won't be able to fight them without restorative measures or utilizing my Noble Phantasms. The other members of both History and Fiction require research as well, besides Hei anyway, who revealed his True Name right away, and make no mistake that includes both you and I." Ainz said to the master

"Master, it is safe to come now." Ainz Telepathically told Kianar, who stepped through the portal with Sebas nowhere to be seen as it closed behind them

Jack awoke with a start, having fallen asleep where he was sitting. Wiping the drool from his mouth with his hook, he stood up.

"the war has begun..." Jack muttered to himself.

Capone came from the other room, glancing at his master.

"Mornin' boss" The gangster said.

Jack glanced at the servant.

"...let's go" was all he said, grabbing a few guns from the table.

"Sure thing, boss. What's the plan?" Capone said.

"...the plan is to kill everyone," Jack said bluntly, clearly not understanding what Capone was getting at.

"...Boss. I know you want to save your wife or something, but be smart about this. Before you try to go on some one-man murder spree, we need to do something" Capone replied, looking slightly annoyed at his master's lack of foresight.

"....and what's that?" Jack asked.

"We need allies! look, when I was alive, I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without the alliances I made, even if temporary! If we are gonna win this thing, we need to be buddy-buddy with the rest of the historical folk." Capone said.

Jack scratched his head, thinking that over.

"....and it would help us analyze their powers, so when we do need to kill them....we'll be more prepared..." Jack said, starting to understand the reasoning behind Capone words.

"Exactly!" Capone said, a smile on his face.

Jack nodded.

"Then our first order of business will be to find some allies," Jack said. Standing up from his chair, he walked outside his base, accompanied by Capone. While they walked away from the base, four other gangster servants materialized; Capone's personal bodyguards. The group began their search for allies, exploring their island in case they ran into anyone else.

Abel nodded as he listened to Caster’s explanation and said, “I see, if this servant truly is as strong as you believe then finding out as much as we can about them and the others quickly will be crucial.”

He turned his attention as someone else came through the portal. “Ah you’re Caster’s master. Good to see you again. Although I don’t think I caught your name last time. Regardless I hope this alliance proves fruitful for the both of us.” As he says this he takes a few more steps forward and holds out his hand in hopes of a handshake.

"Nice to see you again as well, I'm Kianar." Kianar said, doing a short and shallow bow as she introduced herself

"Yes, this shall be a fruitful alliance for the start! We go to the Island of Lanai first. It is likely someone went there, whether they are friend or foe we shall decide!" Ainz said

Jack awoke with a start, having fallen asleep where he was sitting. Wiping the drool from his mouth with his hook, he stood up.

"the war has begun..." Jack muttered to himself.

Capone came from the other room, glancing at his master.

"Mornin' boss" The gangster said.

Jack glanced at the servant.

"...let's go" was all he said, grabbing a few guns from the table.

"Sure thing, boss. What's the plan?" Capone said.

"...the plan is to kill everyone," Jack said bluntly, clearly not understanding what Capone was getting at.

"...Boss. I know you want to save your wife or something, but be smart about this. Before you try to go on some one-man murder spree, we need to do something" Capone replied, looking slightly annoyed at his master's lack of foresight.

"....and what's that?" Jack asked.

"We need allies! look, when I was alive, I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without the alliances I made, even if temporary! If we are gonna win this thing, we need to be buddy-buddy with the rest of the historical folk." Capone said.

Jack scratched his head, thinking that over.

"....and it would help us analyze their powers, so when we do need to kill them....we'll be more prepared..." Jack said, starting to understand the reasoning behind Capone words.

"Exactly!" Capone said, a smile on his face.

Jack nodded.

"Then our first order of business will be to find some allies," Jack said. Standing up from his chair, he walked outside his base, accompanied by Capone. While they walked away from the base, four other gangster servants materialized; Capone's personal bodyguards. The group began their search for allies, exploring their island in case they ran into anyone else.

“My name is Abel in case I hadn’t said it before. Now that introductions have been taken care of let’s be off.”

Saber chimes in and says, “Yeah time to get this show on the road. Wonder what kind of interesting people we’ll come across next.”

"At top Servant speed we are hours off from the island, so let us move quickly." Ainz said before flying in the direction of the island of Lanai

"《Fly》!" Kianar said, flying up into the air "I hope you all can run across water or something, cause I can't carry either of you." Kianar said kindly, staying around for an answer

Back