• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Universe Discussion Thread

2D is lower than 3D, 3D being the Dimensionality of our standard universe model barring the dimension of time.
But I'm going by your logic. Do you know why we treat 5-D as higher dimensional and not 4-D? Our universe with its temporal axis is 4-D. Does it come back to you a little?

Tell that to Goku’s world of void shaking feat, it’d still be High 3-A
World of Void isn't High 3-A anymore it was a mistranslation

The world of void of DBS is not even empty. It's just a name that fooled a lot of fans who even wanted to give infinite/immeasurable speed to fighters
Being void =/= being empty, you can still have a void, and throw stuffs into it. With your logic, verses have a void that contain timelines, world, dimensions suddenly not being a void anymore, as long as the structure itself is the void, it is a void

Anyway aside from this, there is so many claims that do not exist at all,
1. Dimensional Gap isn't beyond time, no statement, not even feat prove it is
2. Surrounding =/= containing, i don't want to nitpicking but as long as you do not have a concrete evidences, your interpretation of how thing work is irrelevant
3. No concept of what??, no such a thing in anime at all

2. Surrounding =/= containing, i don't want to nitpicking but as long as you do not have a concrete evidences, your interpretation of how thing work is irrelevant
you should read Masque's blog

Being void =/= being empty, you can still have a void, and throw stuffs into it. With your logic, verses have a void that contain timelines, world, dimensions suddenly not being a void anymore, as long as the structure itself is the void, it is a void
I agree. All I said is that even though this world is a void it is not empty.
That's exactly what I was saying. I was already tired.

@Dereck03 send more frogs please
:cometeestaputa~1:

I was gravitationally pulled here for no reason. Get me out.

I just woke up and this thread is already have 8 pages...

But now, I agree for cosmology being low multiverse, but for character itself... disagree, for now. Also did Issei just tell Ddraig blantantly that he died if he blow up the planet?

I just woke up and this thread is already have 8 pages...

But now, I agree for cosmology being low multiverse, but for character itself... disagree, for now. Also did Issei just tell Ddraig blantantly that he died if he blow up the planet?
Yeah. This was in Shin DxD Vol 3 New Life where they were discussing about Ryuuteimaru's AxA form, and how planet breaking is some top shit that Issei had reached.

“By the way, Ise. How is Ryuuteimaru?” asked Xenovia.

“Oh, I can't put him outside with this size, so I decided to leave him in a private space.”

I answered like that. Irina tilted her head in a puzzlement.

“Even if that was okay, the risk seems scary. After all, it has power on such a scale.”

"About that... Honestly, how should I put it, it’s not that much.”

I said so. There was no backlash. Ravel said,

“According to research by the Grigori and Ajuka Beelzebub-sama, the energy — aura consumption is extremely intense, so the operating time is short and Ryuuteimaru cannot move even after a few days. This can be counted as a kind of a risk."

“Well, after using it, I also became absurdly tired.”

I followed after Ravel. Even after several days, the feeling of tiredness still remained.

“...And that’s all? After using something of that level?”

Xenovia responded with 'It’s unexpected'. That's because when I acquired Dragon Deification, there were circumstances in which my body couldn't take it and it had to be made into the [Pseudo] form. Yes, there was still plenty of room to strengthen the Dragon Deification form. Someday, I’d have to move from the [Pseudo] onto the True Dragon Deification. Kiba said,

“In that case, we can say it's the same phenomenon as when you became [True Queen], right?”

Ravel answered.

“However, we were also given a caution; do not use it seriously. No, it may be more accurate to say that it is a warning."

“What do you mean, do not use it seriously?”

Asia asked worriedly. Rias replied about it.

I received an explanation regarding Ryuuteimaru. That is — it looks like Ryuuteimaru holds a power capable enough to destroy a planet."

[—!!? A p-planet!?]

Everyone except for Ravel and me screamed in shock at Rias's words. This was natural, right? You know, if you heard this and that about a planet. I said,

“Even when I defeated Tartarus, Seekvaira-san told me to suppress the power. In fact, with limited output, it had such power, right? ...I also thought it was dangerous. Destroying a planet sounds crazy, but I feel like I understand.”

Using that power inside Ryuuteimaru, I realized. It's scary in a different sense than True Dragon Deification. True Dragon Deification was scary because of the risk of the body not being able to adapt, but [A×A] with Ryuuteimaru was too scary because, on the contrary, the risk was low.

“—The current Ryuuteimaru, [A×A], is too dangerous.”

I said so.

Have your feelings for oppai finally reached planet-breaking levels...?

Also interestingly enough is despite Issei not only making the comment of dying if he shot this thing with the planet, he also asked Azazel if it would have helped against Trihexa and was told that while it MIGHT be able to deal some damage to Trihexa, it wouldn't be able to kill it cuz of their regen.

“Currently, it’s not quite at a perfect state, so I don’t know how serious it can get... But if I have it shoot at high power, I think it will be able to shoot. That’s why it’s dangerous.”

Supposing it can fire an attack powerful enough to be able to break the planet... there’s no way you could shoot something like that easily. Because it would all be over.—

Ophis said, “Ryuuteimaru grew up anticipating future threats. That’s how it seems. That strength is in preparation for something.”

In response, Irina was puzzled.

"...What are the future threats? Are the Gods of Hell so dangerous?”

"It may be with assumption for fighting against Sakra or the God of Destruction Shiva."

Xenovia spoke like that.

“.......”

“.......”

Rias and Ravel seemed to have something in mind about Ophis's words. Hey, Ddraig. My current self, if it goes along with Ryuuteimaru, can it surpass Vali?

[In terms of raw power, you have overtaken him at once. But, you've already been told that aura consumption is too intense, right? That power has no meaning unless it lands a hit. When you get cornered after the attack being evaded and then [AxA] ending due to stamina exhaustion, it would be the end.]

Ddraig said calmly. ...Right. My power was something incredible, but it wasn't necessarily the case that all those attacks would reach the transcendentally fast Vali. So when the combination with Ryuuteimaru was over, I’d get beaten and it would be over, huh? ...Perhaps, with Vali as an opponent, it’s no more than a huge moving fort. ...So this meant there was room for improvement and training, huh? While Ddraig laughed, he said,

[However, if you destroy the entire planet, you win.]

I'm also going to die if the Earth is gone, aren’t I!?
During that, I also thought of something... I had asked Beelzebub-sama whether this power could be of help to Azazel-sensei, Sirzechs-sama and the others, who were in the isolation barrier...

[I guess, you can expect the outcome? Probably it will be able to deal a serious damage to Trihexa (666). However, the opponent's regenerative power is unmatched. After all, it was a plan where Sirzechs considered fighting for a super long time. So, I don't think you can beat it with a single blow. Furthermore, once you go there, you will not be able to return until you defeat it. Therefore, it can be said that there are too many risks for you. ...I am against sending you at the current state.]

I was admonished like that. ...It was an explanation where I couldn’t say anything in return. Well, it’s not very realistic either way, because getting inside seemed quite hard. The topic moved on to the leaders of Hell.

So like, what's the exact point of contention currently? The size of Dimensional Gap and Heaven, right?
It is said that the dimensional gap surrounds all worlds and is connected to them which reinforces the fact that it does not contain worlds. A Multiverse cannot contain worlds and be connected to them by its boundaries at the same time.

I remember i saw a claim that each timeline have a dimensional gap, and then next is dimensional gap contain timeline or something. Like that is freaking contradictory claim

Also about Dimensional Gap, i don't believe a think that Great Red scale to it, the battle between him and.....eh......who name i forgot, did nothing to the place iirc, and after Red died, nothing happened to the Dimensional Gap, so the term he is important to the place just mean he safeguarding it, not truly maintaining its existence with his power in literal sense

alao i remember Ishi said that only top tier can do DBZ level battle so.......

I hate scaling DxD, now @Burning_Full_Fingers is here, where is @Ionliosite and @Vergil_Lucifer so we can continue the battle royal debating God of the Bible power???

I remember i saw a claim that each timeline have a dimensional gap, and then next is dimensional gap contain timeline or something. Like that is freaking contradictory claim

Also about Dimensional Gap, i don't believe a think that Great Red scale to it, the battle between him and.....eh......who name i forgot, did nothing to the place iirc, and after Red died, nothing happened to the Dimensional Gap, so the term he is important to the place just mean he safeguarding it, not truly maintaining its existence with his power in literal sense

alao i remember Ishi said that only top tier can do DBZ level battle so.......

I hate scaling DxD, now @Burning_Full_Fingers is here, where is @Ionliosite and @Vergil_Lucifer so we can continue the battle royal debating God of the Bible power???
Lol, goddamn, that's a serious flashback. For posterity, I believe God is around the level of Shiva. I saw Vergil on the DxD Universe discord and he's revised his opinion and now thinks God is probably in the Hindu level. Not sure about Ionliosite.

Hmm, iirc back then i think Bible God isn't even in top 10, but now i revised that he is somewhere in the middle of top 10, i doubt he is anywhere near Shiva or Indra level

As for the Dimensional Gap, I maintain my opinion that Great Red and Ophis maintain and stabilize the Dimensional Gap to balance the worlds.
Sirzechs shook his head. “No. Unfortunately, that would be unwise. The prevailing theory at present is that the dimensional void is in equilibrium with the various planes of existence precisely because the Great Red resides within it. If Ophis—or Vali, for that matter—were to slay him and rule over it themselves, there’s no telling what would happen to our world. We might have been able to trust the old Ophis, but she’s changed too much.”
That certainly sounded serious, a breakdown of the stability between the dimensional void and the various planes of existence…
Volume 16.
But it’s different now. Rizevim clearly did say that he will have Great Red and 666 fight each other in order to defeat that Sekiryuushintei. ……Even I can’t imagine what will happen to the dimensional gap if Great Red is gone but I can guess that there is definitely nothing good about it.

Great Red stabilizing the Dimensional Gap and Great Red being the guardian of the world don't have to be mutually exclusive. And I don't think it's really much different from what the Soul King was created for in Bleach. Ophis was born from nothingness and used to be in control of the Dimensional Gap, so she would have been the previous balancer.

But we can move on to other points of discussion if anyone has something new.

Hmm, iirc back then i think Bible God isn't even in top 10, but now i revised that he is somewhere in the middle of top 10, i doubt he is anywhere near Shiva or Indra level
Ishibumi's original Top 10 doesn't include dead or inactive characters. Not to mention, that list is now outdated tbh.

Ion is doing whatever I’m AFBW, he won’t come back, didn’t even come back for SAO

Rn though, I think the major point of contention is whether or not people believe the dimensional gap is 2-A or Low 2-C

Anime characters obviously scale, that was the point of Masque’s thread to differentiate LN Issei with Anime Issei/Manga Issei

I think 2-A is possible but once again, would highly recommend reading his blog.

Rn though, I think the major point of contention is whether or not people believe the dimensional gap is 2-A or Low 2-C

Anime characters obviously scale, that was the point of Masque’s thread to differentiate LN Issei with Anime Issei/Manga Issei

I think 2-A is possible but once again, would highly recommend reading his blog.
Already read but the fact is that 2-A is based on its assumption that surround==contain what is not true.

Already read but the fact is that 2-A is based on its assumption that surround==contain what is not true.
If I surround an apple in plastic wrap and seal it off then the apple is contained in the plastic wrap.

If I surround some left over pizza in tipper ware and seal it off with a lid it is contained in the tupperware

If I surround an apple in plastic wrap and seal it off then the apple is contained in the plastic wrap.

If I surround some left over pizza in tipper ware and seal it off with a lid it is contained in the tupperware
Except dimensions don't work like that. In addition, he himself said that it surrounds all worlds and is connected to them. With your example if you take 10 apples and put them in a plastic package then is it connected to these apples at the same time?

Except dimensions don't work like that. In addition, he himself said that it surrounds all worlds and is connected to them. With your example if you take 10 apples and put them in a plastic package then is it connected to these apples at the same time?
Depends on your definition of “connected” if you mean via contact of the apples and plastic wrap? Yeah, that’s all connected then.

The dimensional gap is a dimension and it surrounds the worlds. It can be formless, being distorted by worlds but not containing them. I took the example with modeling clay. The thickness, if I can say so, is the space existing in the dimensional gap. By inserting a ball the modeling clay will just be deformed but the ball will not be part of this thickness. In this case the dimensional gap surrounds the universe but is external to it.

Obviously, we can’t contextualize this entirerly with my metaphor/example it’s universes and a dimensional gap.

Depends on your definition of “connected” if you mean via contact of the apples and plastic wrap? Yeah, that’s all connected then.
Nah. The ones in the middle won't be connected to the plastic and even the ones that are connected to the plastic won't be connected at any point like he said.

I took an example that really fits the situation. That of subspace in TENSURA. It's exactly the same thing but subspace does not contain the worlds. It surrounds all worlds and is connected to them but does not contain them. Subspace received a 2-A rating because it stretches the space and time of all worlds to infinity.

Back