• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Universe Discussion Thread

Imma say this is gonna be years from their high school days
Nah, she probably will meet some of them.

The summary for the spin off on Kadokawa says the student will be met by Rias, with said new MC going into Kuoh's junior high division (or middle school equi in Japan?).

Then again besides that and the MC even having a Sacred Gear herself, it didn't say when. It's likely to at least be when Rias started high school but before Issei or any of the others appeared?

We'll have to see in two months on this then.

Damn, i thought DxD is dead
I think it was until we found out when it'll come out lol.

At least something new to the series will be on here that should freshen up the series again.

New feats, powers, characters especially, and hopefully some more expansion on DxD's worldbuilding?

I really want Ishi to finish Shin DxD before he put out more side, branch, spin-off stories, hell Slash Dog is in not even finish despite being his first novel

It would be nice if he can get on with it...

Thing is, I recall him posting more for DX than Shin and Slash/Dog (2014). Shin last in 2020, S/D in like 2018. They're both like in limbo and even DX stopped in 2022 ish.

I feel like he is stuck, don't know what kind of lore he need to put out next, iirc Shin DxD is at the climax of the tournament arc

Probably is.

Just the main series alone, he's got the aforementioned tournament and the looming threat of the Evies in the background on top of it, and last we got was an implied earlier invasion than expected...

My thought so far is MAYBE this Junior DxD spin off might get Ishibumi somewhat motivated to finally get their series going again. But that also seems like a bit of a stretch even then...

jdxd.png

So we got ourselves a look at the new set of characters for "Junior High School DxD". Just to cut things short, I'll copy-paste this post someone made on another forum I occasionally go to that provides the above details of what we're looking at her (credits to them):

Kuoh Academy, where Issei and his friends attend. A transfer student appears at the middle school. It is Zekka, a descendant of Miyamoto Musashi who is a beautiful girl with a sword-shaped Sacred Gear and super strength. However, the Sacred Gear has a 'peculiar feature', which is why she hates boobs?

A spin-off of High School DxD, which begins with a shocking setting, is about to be released. The unique characters of the junior high school where the story takes place are also unveiled! In addition to the aforementioned Zekka, there's are also a Devil, a descendant of a hero, and a gyaru Valkyrie; they are the Occult Sword Study Club who are uniquely devoted to the study of swords!

In addition, characters from the senior high school, of course, make an appearance. Like the one to guide Zekka, who wanders the way of the sword, being that dual sword wielding girl?! Plus, an unexpected collaboration with the very popular Boob Dragon in the Underworld!

The story is written by author Rippū Shinonome, who is a big fan of DxD themselves and knows the work inside out! The high level of enthusiasm could be read from the editorial comments while checking the manuscript. And the illustrations are, of course, drawn by Miyama Zero, just like in the original story!

Let your heart swell with anticipation not only for the cute and sexy new characters to be portrayed, but also for the breasts of Rias and the others you haven't seen in a long time!

As for the cast, we got this (also from the same person, credits to them):

Now say hello to the Occult Sword Study Club!

Told from Rias' POV

First up is our protagonist, Zekka Miyamoto
A girl with a sword who transfers to the junior high school. She says she doesn't have any friends because of the look in her eyes, despite having a pretty face. But why is she so concerned about my breasts?

Next up, Lilebette D. Lunaire
Another transfer student from the junior high school who came after Zekka. This girl is also said to be the descendent of a hero, but I don't have enough information yet. She approaches Zekka as soon as she transfers to the new school?

Now the one who makes the club, Avi Amon
Youngest daughter of the Amon family in junior high school. She wants to master the sword, so she sets up a club at the junior high school. She's a bright, energetic girl and would make a good friend for Zekka.

And finally, Schwertleite
A Valkyrie on the junior high school student council. She's a fluffy, fast-paced girl, but Rossweisse tells me she's really talented. She calls herself... gyakyrie? (gyaru + valkyrie)

"The junior high school building is very close to the senior high school. My retainers often visit for fun, and it seems they've taken a liking to Zekka-chan as soon as she moved to the new school. And the advisor of the Occult Sword Study Club is... I'll tell you this another time."

So, Ishibumi did not write this????
He's not writing it, no. Just some newcomer who Ishibumi will be supervising over.

Timeline wise, we dk exactly where it's set but the mention of Ross and there being another Valk in the school + Rias still being in her high school year means it's between Vols 7 and 21.

Who of the main cast we could meet here, we dk. Rias is an obvious given, I think so is Issei possible. Rossweisse too given the Valk chick. But idk who else.

Point is, yes it's a completely different person writing this with Ishibumi merely supervising its development.

Back