• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Universe Discussion Thread

Mind you, I truly do not care about Boost and whether it’s used for stats or not. All I’m saying is that we shouldn’t **** up everything else to accommodate the Boost multipliers.
You can address my claims progressively. Let’s not rush. It’s actually better to do this here than a CRT where we shout over each other and staff will get confused. I will provide quotes for my own claims too. Let’s just make it as simple as possible.

For now, let’s start with the claim that the rankings are based on “skill, leadership, or ability to gather servants, technique.”

Is there any examples where someone is ranked as a certain class because they have good leadership qualities, or because they can gather servants?

As I remember, every instance where someone is described as X-class is when they can fight someone on that level. I also provided a quote confirming that it’s based on ranking power levels above.

Lest we forget, power is the single most important thing in the Underworld and supersedes bloodline. Like, no ranking is going to preclude power at all.
There’s a chance that a Devil nurtured among them will be more powerful than the High-class Devils when their potential comes out. If that happens, such Devils will take the place of the noble Devils that represents the Underworld since what’s important in the current Devil’s world is strength.
Any devil stronger than a pure blood of a certain rank will simply overtake them if they become more powerful. That’s it. Power level is the single most important thing.

That’s literally how the Old Maou bloodline were removed from the system.

They don't matter
Neither does the inconsistent Boost then.

again the first CxC is Ultimate Class, his Fullpower is Maou Class.
After Volume 21? Yes. Before that? No.

oh come on, you're still clinging to the same nonsense? I prefer to rely on the scale supported by the events seen in several volumes than a single statement that is inconsistent with history itself. The fact that the narrative takes 10 volumes (and an increase in power) to make a clear fact only proves that the narrative has problems.
What scale? I’m genuinely not sure what you’re talking about.

You’re also basing it on Boost, which itself is not the most consistent thing in the world.
I don't agree with leaving DX, Slashdog and Junior aside unless there is a good reason for it.
Okay, at least we can agree with this. Please tell @MasqueTLDF how ridiculous it is.

Unless we want to call Volume 8, 13 and 15 “secondary sources” too.

They already have it and you're the only one complaining because the scale shows that the narrative is inconsistent, something everyone else already knew.
I’m the only one complaining because I’m not swayed by the huge numbers you want from the Boost multipliers.

I'll respond to the long text walls soon, just gotta add scans to the sandbox. I just smell a bit of bias lol.
I almost want to use that pot and kettle analogy but I will refrain, because I don’t want us to get heated here. Aren’t you the one who advocates for politeness and not resorting to personal attacks? Bias is uncalled for. But anyway. I’m simply pointing out obvious flaws with this whole process. Let’s continue amicably.

Masque, look at the original thread where this entire argument originated from. Every single one of your new adjustments has been as a result of me pointing out several problems with the proposed scaling. You are now simply trying to change everything because of Boost alone.

That’s the entire reason why you now want to adjust class rankings, Pawn values, wings, and even the canonicity of Junior and Slash Dog. No, the DX volumes are not of lower precedence. Ishibumi gives the timeline for every story and says they show what happens between volumes.

Volume 8, 13 and 15 are no different from a DX volume. They are the same short story compilations.

You’ve literally just done this because I proved that Kuroka was High class in DX 2. That’s why you’re saying DX volumes are of lower precedence, which makes no sense at all.

Am I really the biased one? I’m not the one literally changing the rules of the world building and canon structure now because of a single dragon’s ability. Even @TotalMasterInfinity seems to agree that this part is wrong.

Edit: But damn, I have cert exams, lol. Might not respond for at least ~20 hours but I’ll be back to discuss further.

After Volume 21? Yes. Before that? No.
Since volume 16 CxC surpasses the Old Maou, just give up.
What scale? I’m genuinely not sure what you’re talking about.

You’re also basing it on Boost
Now you just confirmed to me that you didn't even see the comment I made in the Masque cast thread or the new thread you made which continues to explain why you keep clinging to something that is wrong, or maybe it's just simple denial or disbelief.

The only way Kokabiel would be stronger than Mirana would be if Isse transferred between 49 to 55 Boost to Rias

The only way the Old Maou wouldn't have been surpassed by the Fullpower of the first CxC, is if we assume that the Ophis snake enhances Shalba's power more than 100 thousand times or if we directly say that Shalba was wrong when he said that his power with the Ophis snake equaled the Old Maou

@Burning_Full_Fingers you sey wings is matter in power scaling

No, it's don't matter I proof this

During first volume we see that Raynare has two wings and a low rank angle

Akeno promoted to Middle-Class, with Azazel stating that she now rivals High-Class
But she still has 2 wing that time and it's happened in volume 11

And during volume 12 She then reveals a bracelet given to her by her father and Azazel that strengthens her Holy Lightning, giving her six black wings

If wings matter than azazel not sey that akeno is rivals high class when she have 2 wings

If it's not enough

there is Irina who also has power of mid class if not high class during volumes 11and 12
But she still has 2 wings

Last edited:
Back