• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A bracket Round 1 (Kragg vs Blade)

It seems that we've discussed this to the farthest extent we can, and have brought up most every point. We've gotten to the point that we're arguing on complete subjectivity. It's clear we aren't going to be convincing each other, although such a thing shouldn't be expected in versus debating. I say we leave it to the voters now.

Also, in case I haven't been counted yet, Blade FRA.

We have brought up almost every point with most of yours being debunked or, at least, countered with no rebuttal. I find it interesting that in the face of such a scenario you instead throw up your hands and say "seems there's no obvious winner, I must vote Blade".

Personally, given that all previous votes were made before many of the former arguments received said rebuttals, I'd argue they are invalid and new votes must be tallied after folks have read through. Given that from where I sit, Blade is unlikely to win, and most of her arguments can be cast aside by simple reading (for example, her "range advantage" that doesn't exist).

Kragg doesn't go for range often. His main range option is throwing a bolder, or kicking fragments of said bolder at people. Nothing Blade couldn't defend against.

The fact is, Versus Debating is ultimately subjective, with what advantages you think are more important. Blade has an existent AP advantage, skill, slightly better mobility via teleportation and harder to dodge long-range attacks. Kragg has regenerating armor, the ability to armor through Blade's ranged attacks, attacks that can catch Blade off guard by hitting from below and somewhat resists Blade's electricity. It really depends on what you think is more important.

Last edited:
I do agree with Bambi that i have to reset the current votes, as most of them were cast before a conclusion was reached.

Im gonna die of old age before we reach the semifinals am i...

Kragg does use his range often though. The rock toss is a major part of his kit. Just as she can deal with that, he can deal with literally everything via regenerating nonconducting rock armor.
Her advantages are small
Kragg can pretty much match her mobility with his similarly high mobility.
Her AP advantage is negated by the armor and regen.
She has no real answer to the attacks from below or remove his armor.

She can just not hit the armor. The armor is on Kragg's back. Blade will normally attack the front. And Blade mostly relies on her sword, not her lightning. You keep ignoring me when I say these things. The armor barely matters, Potato.

She can answer attacks from below with teleports or just jumping fifteen feet off the ground. The attacks from below are a strong attack, meaning they have a pretty generous tell.

He can cover his whole body in the armor if he wants.
He can easily just block or deflect with armor or summoned rocks, with far more ease then her hitting his non armored spots.
She will only be able to teleport away if she sees it coming before getting impaled. Considering the lack of a clear tell she probably won’t notice it until it is too late.

Show me literally one time he did that. One time. Literally one time. Show me. Prove it to me. I have never seen that, and I've seen a decent amount of RoA.

Also, Blade has body armor. She won't just get impaled in one shot.

I mean, both dont have the AP to just oneshot each other. They are literally dead even

Even if there is a time he did it, it's clearly not in-character since I haven't seen him do it in gameplay, during the actual fights.

As for mobility, do you even know about the character Blade fights? Copen is unironically one of the most mobile playable characters in gaming. Being able to stand on a rock pillar is nothing close to what Blade's had to deal with.

Cool. Blade can take hits from giant, incredibly dense saws moved by gravity that would cut a normal person in half. Rock spikes wouldn't impale her.

Two jumps, armored rolling, again the pillars. Combined with the fact that the rocks and pillars would reduce her space he can still keep up with her in Mobility. He can deal with other teleporters any way. Especially considering that speed is equal, her advantage isn’t that big.

Do those saws have equal AP to her? When we are dealing with tier 7 folks cutting a normal dude in half is nothing.

Literally anyone in the game can destroy the pillars in one shot. Or she could teleport to the other side of the pillar. Blade's teleport deals damage and is much faster than any teleport in Aether. Blade probably could do the same. Blade can also just sidestep the armored roll.

And once again. Even if Kragg did have the mobility advantage, Blade constantly fights and keeps up with the most mobile playable character in gaming.

The saws are used by Copen, so technically they're a little bit weaker than her AP.

Edit: Also, Blade has the skill to keep up with a cyborg that had been fighting for over a century, so she has way more skill than Kragg. She'd be able to catch on subtle tells.

Experience doesn’t equal skill. Unless you can prove that he was actively and consistently improving, learning or facing opponents of similar or greater abilities during that time.
Speed is equal so whether her teleport is faster then one in Aether matters not.
Note she probably couldn’t destroy the pillars in one shot with her electricity alone because of what I mentioned with electricity and conductive ness.
I never said that Kragg had a mobility advantage, but he can easily keep up at least.
Kragg’s spikes should have a bit more impact since he scales to or above a feat higher then Copen.

Copen was probably fighting various Adepts during that time due to his philosphy and the fact that Adepts were taking over the world.

No. Teleports have windups and cooldowns, normally. This isn't nulled by speed equal.

MAN OH MAN IF ONLY HER PRIMARY MEANS OF ATTACK WERE HER SWORD AND NOT HER LIGHTING AND SHE'D ATTACK THE PILLAR WITH HER SWORD IF ONLY SOMEONE TOLD YOU THAT HMMMMMMMMMMM. Jokes aside, Blade's main method of attack is her sword, not her lightning, please stop making me repeat myself.

Okay. But Blade still wouldn't get one shot or even crippled and would never fall for that again.

That doesn’t really prove that the adepts were close to him in power or how much he learned from that experience.

If her main attack method is something Kragg outranges heavily with his rocks then that gives him a massive advantage. If she goes into melee range to strike the pillars, Kragg could use that as a distraction to hit her then. She will be hard pressed to deal with those.
Wouldn’t the logic of “she won’t fall for that again.” Apply for Kragg too, she ain’t one or even two shotting him by any means and he has far better answers to most of her stuff.

She still has the whip sword and can deflect the rocks. Blade can also do the blade spin nair that some characters do. Or she could just teleport on top of the pillar.

Not really? The spikes have a pretty obvious tell and need to be charged for a moment. She can just look for that charging position and dodge out of the way. Blade's skill advantage is a big reason she wouldn't fall for such a trick twice. Meanwhile, Blade bested someone with 100+ years of experience. Blade's attacks are direct and don't rely on the enemy not knowing about her abilities.

I feel like you're glossing over Blade's considerable skill advantage. Against a hard hitting character with longer windups like Kragg, skill is really useful. And no, speed equalized doesn't mean Kragg is in Turbo Mode. Windups are still windups. Speed equal doesn't mean a one-inch punch is as strong as a punch with a full windup.

Last edited:
Speed is equal, the windups would be equal as well. Unless you use a strong, Kraggs attacks are just normal swipes, lunges and punches. Speed equal would make that equal to her swing speed.

I already adressed the experience point

The spikes don’t have that long of a wind up, you sure you aren’t getting it mixed up with something else?
Let’s look at her advantages vs Kragg.
Small mobility Advantage
Skill. (sorta)
Kragg
Regenerating armor that negates part of her damage.
AP
Armor
Versatility with his rocks.
Can effect and the battle field for his benefit.
Harder to dodge attacks

About the first point. No matter what even if she goes to deflect/ destroy rocks, unless she always uses the spin move. She will leave herself open. Even then that cannot cover all of her body at the exact same time so broken rock chunks could hit her.

Also considering that no stamina is listed on her profile, Kragg has that advantage too.

Stamina will be added after revisions. She outlasted a cyborg in Stamina, and hunted for said Cyborg for the entire second half of the game, which likely took multiple days judging by conversations.

Note that the Cyborg was cybernetic to the point where they didn't need to eat, and had rest while Blade was hunting them.

The feat should be taken with a grain of salt, as Berserk Trigger Blade is the one that did it, but Blade was in combat again an hour or two at most (Likely closer to a few minutes) after leaving Berserk Trigger.

Not really. The fact that it hasn't been highlighted on the profile doesn't mean it didn't happen. Stamina doesn't have determined levels, so to speak. You just list the feats of Stamina. Also she should scale to Gunvolt due to having the same Septima, who fought Sumeragi from an unknown time at night to sunrise and is able to remain active in an area so hot it would cause normal humans to pass out in mere seconds.

Last edited:
Does Blade have any way to harm Kragg's Parry?.

Also, Kragg's Defense ball could give him the dura advantage here thought.
He has the AP advantage too, Kragg scales to 2.3 Gigatons, while Blade upscales from 1.9 Gigatons.

Last edited:
I do agree with Bambi that i have to reset the current votes, as most of them were cast before a conclusion was reached.

Im gonna die of old age before we reach the semifinals am i...
This is the goal.

You cheeky litt-

Another reminding plea to please vote on this thread guys. We are still stuck in round 2 since days...

Back