• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A bracket Round 1 (Kragg vs Blade)

I really dont want to be stuck forever in the first round so im gonna launch the next shortly and will ask people to FRA whatever side they found the most resonable here. Sorry.

Blade FRA, but i really wanted Kragg to win because lightning vs lightning is boring i wanted to learn more about rocks, LMAO.

That resistance/immunity doesn’t seem to be from non-conductivity.
If you really want to go this far about details on how electricity works despite him being hurt by lightning in his own game (no, it not happening in a cutscene is not sufficient proof as far as I personally care or know), then why would the lightning not simply go through the path of least resistance, as lightning does, and flow off into the green, conductive parts that aren't made of rock instead of impacting the rock first?

Would it even be able to do that if he uses his side B rock armor?

Also the damage should still be weakened if it has to pass through the non-conductive rock parts first anyway. This would happen if he blocks it with his back. It will also not effect him if he uses a rock to protect himself.

I don't tend to get involved in these, but hey...

I agree that Kragg's rocks would be decently resistant to lightning, since that's just how rocks work. The lightning could harm him, certainly, but electricity wouldn't flow. A small point, but a point nonetheless. I also disagree with ignoring Mid-Low regen since it isn't great in the grand scheme of VSBW. Mid-Low is enough to regen wounds mid-combat. Torso cut open? Mid-Low can fix that.

Based on both of these I believe Kragg holds a slight advantage here. Blade appears to be the more mobile and agile fighter but Kragg should take close-ranged combat, and while not totally negated, Blade's electricity abilities are hampered here to say the least.

Add my vote to Kragg.

That's fair and I am aware of that fact. I read through the thread before voting. I still think it's hugely relevant, given that said armor is a strong countermeasure to Blade's electricity. I'm aware that these are small advantages, but in my eyes it's a strong enough advantage to give Kragg the edge.

Blade mostly fights with her sword, and would probably mostly be going for Kragg's front, which doesn't have the rocks.

Okay, that still doesn't really mean much though? Kragg's earth abilities still seem useful to give him an edge there. Whereas Blade's abilities I don't see being of use.

The rock that regenerates, yes. And sure, but I don't think that matters much when she needs to be in close range to be effective, as we've established.

Blade has a whip sword. That's literally her main gimmick.

The thing can go full screen. Blade can be very effective from a long range, lightning or no lightning.

Also, I mean the rocks Kragg throws, not Kragg's rock armor.

Alright so first, yer image is nonexistent for me.

Second, she's listed as "Extended melee, at least several, likely dozens of meters with electric attacks".

Which is nice and all if Kragg weren't also in the range of "Tens of meters".

So your point doesn't really negate Kragg's advantages. Given that neither party has a range advantage (and that's being generous with her "likely dozens" statement). Even then, her whip ostensibly has less range than her lightning, implying that Kragg in fact bears the advantage in the range department.

To be clear, from what I can tell, Kragg isn't solely dealing in projectiles for Blade to slice apart- based on his abilities he seems capable of raising earthen spikes from the ground, too. Meaning that your thing about slicing his attacks in half is even less likely.

But he has defences against that and regen, Blade doesn’t. A whip is a lot easier to predict and avoid/block then something below you with little visual cues anyway.

With speed equal, attack speed should be the same, a sword swing from Blade is as fast as a swipe from Kragg.
Even then the rock attacks often have less wind up and less clear telegraphs.

Kragg could block just as easily or summon rock spikes in front of himself. Or parry. Even if they both hit each other, they will take about equal damage and Kragg will then know to block or deflect afterwards.

She likely won’t be able to land too many hits on Kragg’s green part’s anyway as he will be constantly on the move summoning rocks, pillars. He can also parry so yeah, her wincon is what exactly?

Kragg mostly goes with melee combat, IIRC. Kragg doesn't strike me as the "Constantly on the move" type.

Also, as mentioned above, due to the way electricity works, the electricity would bypass the rocks and go for the more conductive parts.

You mentioned that but if it landed on the rocks or if he blocks it, then it would be weakened via passing by the nonconducting bits.

Kragg has a lot of mobility and decent range, so he could easily be on the move if it benefits him.

This match is one vote away from being concluded, but Bambu and Potato make some good points. Do you both (Potato and Smashor) continue this debate, or can i ask everyone to reevaluate and cast theirs votes again?

This debate doesn't seem to be over yet, much to my annoyance. I say the debate should continue for now.

Anyways, Blade has better mobility than Kragg by virtue of being able to jump as high as Kragg double jumps in a single jump and the ability to teleport. Lightning wouldn't be totally nulled, and if Kragg's defense ball misses, it can be punished.

Blade needs one or two good hits to win this, considering she one shot someone only about 0.4 gigatons away from Kragg. And this isn't even considering Berserk Trigger.

The mobility difference isn’t massive though. He can summon pillars, jump just as high as you mentioned. And turn into an armored ball. He can cancel the defense ball at any time so it will be hard to punish. Especially since he is resistant to her main offense tool.
If anything he is more likely to punish her with the parry.

Also, one or two good hits? This is doubtful, given that there's a good chance she'll hit the armor (defense curl and all). Even then, she's the weaker of the two physically- it'll take quite a few hits to put Kragg down.

The stun from a parry doesn't last long, and Blade's fighting style seems to be somewhat defensive (Given her neutral stance when fighting is blocking), so she probably wouldn't fall for a Parry. Also, remind me how Parry isn't a game mechanic? By that logic I can say Blade can just armor through everything.

As for AP, how casual was Absa's feat? Because Demerzel performed his feat four separate times while resting to recover from a battle that almost killed him.

Not super casual but not a big stamina draining move, so about average, about as casual as Demerzels.

Parry doesn’t contradict any game logic Blade armoring through everything probably does. You also would need a CRT to remove it anyway.

Demerzel did his feat while nearly dead four times in quick succession. That's above a move not depleting much stamina I'd say. And Blade one shot someone who could take several hits from someone who fought Demerzel.

The scaling chain goes:
1.9 Gigatons while almost dead = Demerzel ≥ Copen > Asimov Holograph <<< Blade (Base) < Blade (Berserk Trigger)

Meanwhile, Kragg's scaling chain is:
2.3 Gigations without noticeable stamina reduction = Absa = Kragg

Due to Blade's range advantage with her whip sword, she'd break out of Parry Stun before Kragg can counter more often than not. Blade's superior skill also means she probably wouldn't fall for a parry more than once or twice. Electricity, due to it's nature, would hit Kragg despite his rocks (Albeit somewhat reduced damage). However, Copen's armor is noted to resist septimal effects (At least his Gunvolt 2 gear is, which should be equal or inferior to his LAiX gear), so Blade is used to fighting with such a disadvantage.

Last edited:
Yeah though the feat is lower overall and Kragg still resists. So it still balances out. Anyway Kragg typically is known as one of the the slower harder hitting characters in rivals so he should scale a bit above anyway.

I added some stuff. Long story short, Copen's gear canonically resists septimal effects. Blade is used to fighting someone that resists her electricity.

Also, I gotta do some schoolwork, so I won't be able to respond for a little while.

I could just as easily point out how Kragg fought teleporters before such as orcane, lightning wielders such as Absa, or sword/ blade wielders such as Forsburn or Claire.
Just because you fought someone with an ability does not mean that it isn’t an advantage. Her fighting Copen doesn’t negate Kragg’s nonconductivity.

Blade doesn't ostensibly have a range advantage. Both of their ranges are roughly equal.

Vaguely upscaling from 1.9 Gigatons does not make her two or three-shot a creature at 2.3 Gigatons.

Even if Blade is used to fighting beings that resist one of her only options, that doesn't actually provide a benefit to her other than the ability to recognize that her lightning isn't the optimal choice. I've already been working under the assumption that she would recognize that, given that she isn't mentally unstable and is of at least average human intelligence.

Kragg still has most advantages here.

Back