• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A bracket Round 1 (Kragg vs Blade)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
latest

Round 1 of the High 7-A Bracket beginns!

The 2 fighters are Kragg and Blade

The battle takes place in a sealed off Central Park, both combatants start 20 meters apart.​

Kragg: 2
Blade: 5

latest
latest

Last edited:
This is a awesomly even matchup i must say. Kragg has a slight AP advantage and physiology on his side to make some of Blades dangerous moves moot, but Blade has versaility and skill on hers.

Thank you.

Alright, Kragg scales to ~2.3 Gigatons, while Blade should upscale considerably from ~1.9 Gigatons (She's much stronger than Copen (Who she defeated in all three fights), who was able to fight Demerzel, who did said 1.9 Gigatons feat four times in rapid succession while almost dead. She even one shot someone that Copen took a considerable amount of time to defeat in while she was in base form).

Blade's teleportation gives them a considerable mobility advantage, and (At least when not enraged) Blade is a fairly defensive fighter, meaning all one of Kragg's projectiles wouldn't be useful. Blade has a considerable range advantage with her whip sword and projectiles, and would still be quite capable of fighting Kragg evenly if he gets in close. Parrying might be an issue, but Blade would typically be too far away for Kragg to take advantage of the stun. Also, Kragg doesn't have any special resistance to electricity IIRC, judging by Astra.

I'd say Blade takes this more often than not. Her scaling chain means that she's at least equal to Kragg in AP, if not higher. She has a great range advantage, and can still hold her own in close quarters combat. If all else fails, she can increase her power even more with Berserk Trigger.

Kragg could match her mobility with his double jump and pillar+ plus side special to armor through her range.
She won’t do much damage to him overall before he can close the gap do to parry+reflect+armor+regen.
What Astra are you referring to?

Astra. You know. The Rivals of Aether character who can use lightning. The one the High 7-A feat comes from

Also, jumping in the air twice and a pillar is hardly great mobility compared to a damaging teleport. Heck, Blade can jump considerably higher than Kragg excluding the pillar. Blade also has more ranged options to make use of her mobility advantage.

Also, IIRC, armor just makes Kragg not take knockback, it doesn't prevent incoming damage. Not to mention, Blade can just teleport, and also is more than capable of fighting up close.

Kragg's regeneration isn't all that useful in combat.

Oh yeah, Absa.
Do they fight in the story mode and is there a scene of Kragg getting hit by lightning? Even then that would only prove that Kragg can be hurt by lightning, not that his rocks or rock armor is conductive.

I know that he’ll still take damage but regen should handle it and he will close the distance with it.

Mid-Low isn't anything all that impressive in a Versus Debating context, anyways. Not to mention, the regen seemingly only applies to Kragg's rocks, so if Blade landed an attack on the green bits of Kragg, they wouldn't heal.

And Blade could dodge by teleporting or just, you know, sidestepping. Armor only helps Kragg get close, and Blade is just as skilled up close and can just teleport away. Kragg is still going to take damage armoring through projectiles.

Kragg could cancel the roll at anytime so he could respond to her response.

He has plenty of answers to her up close line surprise spikes from below, pillars or parry into death.

He won’t take much damage, not only does he have regen, but his rock armor shouldn’t be that conductive.

Blade's electricity is the same as Gunvolt's electricity, which is able to damage Azure Strikers, who literally turn into electricity and are historically immune to electricity.

Absa can damage Kragg fine. Conductivity isn't an issue. Gameplay is the only time we se Kragg get hit by electricity and the story doesn't show him resisting it at all.

So you admit that we never see Kragg get hit by lightning in-verse. You haven’t objected to Kragg’s rocks being no -conductive. Gameplay isn’t enough to judge story off of because balance is an issue that is more important that plot.

So by your own logic Kragg should be somewhat resistant to the lighting because of his rocks.

No. I literally never remotely suggested this. Here's the order we consider things here:

1. Story

2. Gameplay (Excluding obvious game mechanics)

3. Saying rocks aren't conductive

But you know what? Let's do it your way. Let's pretend that Kragg resists lightning.

Blade is just as capable, if not more so, than Kragg in close quarters combat. Even if Kragg did resist lightning, which he doesn't, Blade relies on her sword more than electricity. Judging by the scene we see directly after she one shots someone that took Copen a long time to beat (The screen is totally black when she does this), she likely only used lightning to teleport there, as none of the lightning was on her sword. She one shot someone worth about 1.9 gigatons without even using her lightning.

Her sword skills and teleportation are enough to beat Kragg's bare knuckled brawling style. Even if Kragg gets in close, Blade has more range on account of her using a sword. Kragg does have regen, I suppose, but that only applies to his rock armor, not Kragg's green and white parts, parts that Blade is more than capable of hitting. Kragg is known for being a particularly slow character in rivals, so Blade would have no shortage of opportunities to cut into him.

And she has Lightning that Kragg DOSN'T resist, and a whip sword alongside all that. Blade never needed those to beat Kragg, they were just the cherry on top.

Ok, so your proof against my claim that Kragg resists lightning is another claim, one that isn’t backed up? That isn’t how debating usually works. Anyway if you can’t prove the point without any logical argument and instead just say “well the rules say this.” Without even showing the rules, why should I take you seriously?
You can’t just say that he doesn’t resist it while providing no proof that his rocks ar conductive outside of gameplay mechanics done for balance. You even claim that story is above mechanics so why should something that is backed up by logic and science but not gameplay be taken as false?
She can only do significant damage to part of Kragg, which you admit. That is a big advantage especially considering that he can cover that up with his regenerating shell for the rock spin.
Kragg’s Rock/Earth manip still matches her sword in range and lightning is not that effective against him for reasons I already explained. His gap closing tools and ways of controlling the map (blocks spikes and pillars.) can easily.
Kragg being slow in rivals doesn’t matter since speed is equal.

What I do know is the burden of proof is on you, Potato. I can site that with ease. From the wiki's Fallacy page:

"This is when someone attempts to make someone else prove a claim when the burden of proof is really on them to prove it. The burden of proof is always on the positive claim, and the person who makes the claim."

You've claimed that Kragg resists electricity, and your only proof is "Rocks lol" even though gameplay directly contradicts this. Blade, meanwhile, borderline has the AP to one shot.

The rocks don't need to be conductive anyways, because Blade doesn't need to hit the rocks. Kragg isn't 100% rocks. It wouldn't be impossible for Blade to just attack Kragg in NOT the back.

Last edited:
Also, why are you selectively including gameplay? You're including Kragg's parry, but you're ignoring Absa being able to damage him. Why are you only including gameplay when it benefits you?

Central Park makes this weird, what types of rocks would be there?
Here is a graph of rock conductive-ness

res-range-clr.jpg

Igneous, limestone and some miscellaneous metamorphic not
conductive but Graphite is very conductive.

About the parry, everyone can do that, it isn’t really a balance thing, it is a fundamental part of the game.

Do you know what else is a fundamental part of the game? Absa damaging Kragg. And Kragg's armor doesn't cover the front of him, which Blade would probably be hitting most often unless you're about to tell me he spams back air in character.

That isn’t a fundamental part of the game, that is basic balance.
You know he could just use side special, which covers him in armor, right. It kinda is his gap closer.

If the girl that uses lightning can hurt people explicitly "immune" to lightning that also turn into lightning, it feels ridiculous to say she can't hurt with lightning someone that is made out of rocks, and that takes damage from lightning in gameplay.

Edit: Oh wait, not made out of rocks. COVERED in rocks with many non-rock body parts that are visible

Just gonna put it as simply as that. Gonna go with Blade for now but I'll keep an eye on this in case I am swayed.

That resistance/immunity doesn’t seem to be from non-conductivity but rather there own lightning powers from what I can tell (Or AP assuming that the immunity is natural lighting). If you have a scan showing that it is via non-conductivity, the the point is valid.

I don’t think we know.

Could be a form of limestone, not sure myself. Sort of a shot in the dark based on the color.

Back