• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 6-A Tournament: Garou vs Pikachu (Anime)

Also, Inverted, they were indirectly saying that Garou wouldn't know that a non-human being has different pressure points, I could just detect them implying that.

Also, what NLF are you referring to?

Finally, Drake isn't canon because he's from the Orange Islands which the whole story is not canon there. Even if the Elite 4 are the most skilled trainers in the region, Pikachu most of the time only fights one of their Pokémon each match or not at all, so you can't really scale them to that. And I'm not downplaying Pikachu to make Garou look way better, don't put words into my mouth, manipulation is a horrible way to debate and it makes you look very bad. I'm kind enough to let you go, but don't do that next time, okay? Good! :3

The real cal howard said:
Pretty sure you don't fight someone for millions of years and have your skill remain stagnant...
^This

Pikachu in this key is specifically stated to be comparable in battle genius to Groudon and Kyogre on the page as well. As long "Pikachu was just trained by a little boy" is out of the way, that's what matters most imo.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
It's not hitting Garou with electricity, it's hitting Pikachu and Groudon who then get a Speed and Strength amp. A pretty decent one as well.
Garou has stat amp as well, Abandonment. It makes you go from decently hurting someone to totally one-shotting and blitzing them.

Pikachu has also beaten Machamps and Lucarios, both Pokémon with combat experience on the level of Garou. Pikachu is obviously not as skilled but it's not as far behind as people are saying.
Pretty sure you don't fight someone for millions of years and have your skill remain stagnant...
Beating someone doesn't mean you're as skilled as them, that makes no sense.

...the whole anime is canon to itself. There aren't any filler episodes in it. Not any I'm aware of at least but I'm fairly certain there's no non-Canon episodes.

Except in this case it does because said more skilled foe has been shown capable of doing so.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
No, I'm just saying if things get intense then im sure pikachu will at least think "Oh yeah, I have an amp!"
Even though Garou's whole point of his training is to defeat the other really quickly, which he almost always does.

Let's totally forget this Garou has mastered every single martial art of the verse, let's forget the fact he has experience with big monsters that spam fire stuff (Orochi), let's forget the fact this Garou knows exactly what both Pikachu and Groundon are gonna do via analytical prediction, let's forget the fact that even if he didn't he has instinctive reaction, let's forget the fact he has that crazy reactive evolution of his and let's forget the fact that even if he took lethal damage he has type 2 immortality, let's totally forget he can reflect Groundon's and Pikachu's attacks with literally nothing stopping him from doingo so, and let's also forget the fact he has a huge statistic amplification via Abandonment.

K so you directly extrapolated such a thing is what you're admitting. I read the comment and got no such implications of Cal saying that.

I'm saying the slice and dice aspect. I'm asking you to clarify the difference, that's it. You said it would just dice up Pikachu without giving further context to it.

Also, nah, that's massive bullshit on the Orange Islands not being canon. Tracy, a resident of the Orange Islands, has made several reappearances in multiple gens passed the Orange Islands. This is just outright dishonesty right here. Also, even one of those Pokemon = having formidable experience unless you're going off such a ridiculous notion that they'll support having fodder Pokemon on their teams. So yes, it does scale, such an understatement from you again. Pikachu hasn't had a significant advantage in AP or anything like that on people on that level either, so that point is also a false derivative.

I didn't put words into your mouth, that's directly what you did. You said, "And for the backstory, Pikachu was trained BY A LITTLE BOY" . Let's quote Pikachu's profile on Intelligence, "Gifted when it comes to battle, due to sheer experience (Is currently on his seventh region). Has improvised a ton of moves, and has even been effective when Ash was nowhere to be see". You either would've checked the profile to have an idea of what Pikachu was capable of but downplayed it or you played an ignorant card and had no idea what you were saying period. This is literally like saying "Oh well, Asgore got clapped by a kid with a knife, he's not skilled at all." Both are bad either way. Don't call me a "manipulator" as well because that's literally just throwing shade smh.

KGiffoni said:
Except in this case it does because said more skilled foe has been shown capable of doing so.
I'm sure it's against slower opponents, but even if it weren't, it's still an NLF to just go and say that this character is skilled and has dodged attacks without getting hit before so an opponent with completely different abilities will always fail to hit so long as they don't speedblitz.

They haven't been debunked, they're still valid. If Groudon notices Garou being hard to hit he'll just level a whole damn Continent if he has to just make him stop doing shit for a second.

No they haven't, the Garou points have literally been ignoring multiple key aspects of Pikachu in order to make their points. That's not to say there points aren't valid for Garou having wincons but when Pikachu was "just trained by a little boy" is noted as his best experience, the conclusions made aren't all that truthful.

KGiffoni said:
Let's totally forget this Garou has mastered every single martial art of the verse, let's forget the fact he has experience with big monsters that spam fire stuff (Orochi), let's forget the fact this Garou knows exactly what both Pikachu and Groundon are gonna do via analytical prediction, let's forget the fact that even if he didn't he has instinctive reaction, let's forget the fact he has that crazy reactive evolution of his and let's forget the fact that even if he took lethal damage he has type 2 immortality...
Yeah and Pikachu has beaten people who has done the same. I bring that up and you say it doesn't matter. Well I'm sayinf that it doesn't matter that he's mastered every martial arts in the verse.

Except fire isn't being spammed here. Ground, electricity, energy beams, and yes, fire, is being spammed.

Analytical prediction as an ability as a whole is wanked. Not for Garou but for everyone. It's not precog, it's a glorified educated guess.

Instinctive reaction only helps if you're given the opportunity to dodge.

Again, this is monster Garou. Full monster Garou. There's no certainty that he can even go any farther than this. His RE peaks here, for all intents and purposes.

If Garou gets vaporized, which is quite in Groudon's capabilities given beam spam, his regen completely doesn't matter.

Pikachu has also beaten Machamps and Lucarios, both Pokémon with combat experience on the level of Garou.
Lucario has no skill feats close to Garou's.

Machamp is probably on par, but to be fair Machamp is hardly treated as the master of every martial art known to man that the pokedex calls it.

Also as KGiffoni said, beating a skilled guy doesn't make you as skilled as them.

Inverted Tempest, Dragonite was severely weakened in that fight, so that's a very weak point.

> Also, even one of those Pokemon = having formidable experience

And is way less impressive than beating a whole team and more experience is not an instant win. Pikachu defeats one opponent most of the time, whereas Garou has defeated a whole group of people on his level, one time eight in total and then other people showed up and he could still fight evenly with them. Does the battle between eight A-Class heroes with Garou winning and then Genos shows up and then Bang and Bomb shows up ring any bells?

How is single handedly being the primary threat in a war not a skill feat on par with Garou? Heck, for that matter, Pikachu single handedly tied with Latias and beat Raichu, which is just better Pikachu.

So what's stop Garou from gaining speed eventually that will eventually blitz both fighters? Gyoro Gyoro was very impressed that Garou is gaining speed in the Orochi fight. Heck there's still abandonment which is makes fighters who can barely hurt their opponents to oneshotting them and blitz. So basically Garou has 2 forms of amp (his RE and Abandonment)

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
I would say it does if your comparable to their power.
There's a lot of other factors though. Pikachu for instance is a much better ranged fighter than Machamp, and unlike Garou, Machamp's martial arts don't handle electricity well at all. He's also faster/more agile.

MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
So what's stop Garou from gaining speed eventually that will eventually blitz both fighters? Gyoro Gyoro was very impressed that Garou is gaining speed in the Orochi fight. Heck there's still abandonment which is makes fighters who can barely hurt their opponents to oneshotting them and blitz
Because peak Monster Garou is at the peak of his evolution. He shouldn't be able to get any stronger given this was supposed to be what his evolution was building up to.

Also, a rock/paper/scissors conclusion is very flawed. It's like saying that Flash can beat Superman and Superman can beat Doctor Manhattan, that means Flash can beat Doctor Manhattan. Just because Pikachu could defeat someone who could be on the same level as Garou or even higher, does not mean Pikachu would actually win against Garou.

[REDACTED]
Show me the people who have done the same.

" Except fire isn't being spammed here. Ground, electricity, energy beams, and yes, fire, is being spammed. "

Ground isn't really a different attack from any other. There's nothing special about it. Electricity, Garou has experience with it. Energy beams? Garou has experience with it. Fire? Garou has experience with it.

Except it was explictly said Garou knew every single move Saitama would do by analyzing as far as his stance, point of view, movement patterns, center of gravity, muscle tension, breathing and even is forking energy.

And why Garou has no opportunity to dodge?

Except Garou was explictly shown to evolve during his fight with Saitama, god he even got another totally different form in the middle of it. Saying that is his peak is simply ignorance.

I literally didn't even use the Dragonite as the main experience feat, just the fact that Pikachu isn't dumb and can use its natural physiology and such to its fullest. If you think dodging a fully powered Hyper Beam with using your tail spring in the nick of time is somehow affected by Dragonite being harmed beforehand, then you are gravely mistakened lol.

How is that way less impressive? You think that just because you take more people on at once that it's more impressive than taking on someone with a great amount of experience? K, Sora is now more skilled than Twilight Princess Link because Sora fight 1000 mindless heartless while Twilight Princess Link just fought oh I don't know... Some dude who has been training for centuries and is more experienced than anyone in Hyrule's elite guard. I really hope that point sounds incredibly dumb when I repeat it back to you.

Yes, and Pikachu does it like that because it's against seasoned professionals. Pikachu has taken on groups before so your point is literally null. I literally never said Garou didn't have comparable experience either, I said you're literally giving some of the most egregious downplay for experience that has been posted for awhile.

Dudes, this is how it's sounding to me...

Garou has a huge advantage because he's a master martial artist.

Didn't help Machamp.

That doesn't count because beating someone doesn't mean you're as skilled as them.

But it does mean that being a master martial artist means nothing here.

Garou dodges all the time and even if he's very severely injured, he can get mad and even more determined, making him stronger and can win fights he normally wouldn't, without those emotions! xD

@The real cal no Garou can still evolve and gained faster to blitz Atomic Samurai and Flashy-Flash and he still continued to evolve when he fought Saitama heck he even evolved to the point he can regenerate his lost limbs

Again, nobody said this. Funny how you make a big deal about someone putting words into others mouths when you yourself are literally doing this. They're literally just saying that Pikachu isn't going to be that outskilled as you are trying to make it seem. What part of that don't you understand?

Back