• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 6-A Fairy Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
All of you knew this day would eventually come. I've watched the movie and I can't help but disagree with the rating now that I know the context behind this.

At first I attempted to discuss about the canonicity of the movie itself after getting some arguments from an user who said that it made no sense to have it as canon, but outside a few inconsistencies in the characters' designs where some of them having their X784 designs despite this supposedly took place after the GMG. And the 100YQ chapter can't be debunked if besto character Momon appears in it.

Instead, I'll talk about the feat itself, because I found a few reasons to believe this can't be used for scaling.

Debating about the Phoenix's power
The old men were debating about the Phoenix's power based on what they knew about it.

Phoenix Priestess 1
Phoenix Priestess 2
Phoenix Priestess 3
Phoenix Priestess 4
Phoenix Priestess 5

They knew that the Phoenix obliterated two mountains. Well, that's certainly impressive, but nowhere near enough to Multi-Continental power as far as I know. I suppose that even assuming vaporization you wouldn't get such potency.

They also said that they have reasons to believe that was only a small fraction of its power. Then they proceeded to compare it to Zeref's power by assuming they should both be comparable. But the prpoblem is that they don't know the actual extent of the Phoenix's power at all. They are just guesstimating they should be comparable because the Phoenix obliterated two mountains only, with no clear evidence of it being X times more powerful. In fact, the wizard said that they have reasons to believe it's more powerful, but they aren't sure of that at all.

The Phoenix's power
The feat by itself is also dubious. First of all, the Phoenix started absorbing magic power, according to Eclair, from all living things. Whether or not it did this on a global scale or not, it's quite clear that it couldn't do this by itself. Otherwise, it'd have do it from the beginning.

You can see that people like Happy, Charle, Lucy and even Mirajane feels the magic draining. Lucy and Charle felt weaker, Laxus noticed the draining almost instantly and Mirajane shook her body while flying.

Even if you argue that the amount of magic power the Phoenix absorbed isn't enough to give High 6-A energy, considering the characters were 7-B at the time, there's also the fact that it not only absorbed energy from the enviroment (as I said before, possibly on a global scale) but it also did it stupidly over-time. It took like 3 minutes to reach the power calculated in the blog, and Eclair who was connected to the Phoenix and knew about him more than most people, said that it was gathering the magic power to destroy the world. Why would the Phoenix do that if it can do it by itself?

The amount of time the Phoenix needed to perform such feat is als a problem. The charge time suggests that it can't perform High 6-A levels of energy by itself, which makes sense considering the Phoenix was trying to die and resurrect.

Phoenix Priestess 6
Phoenix Priestess 7
Phoenix Priestess 8
Phoenix Priestess 9
Phoenix Priestess 10
Phoenix Priestess 11
Phoenix Priestess 12
Phoenix Priestess 13
Phoenix Priestess 14

Conclusions
The High 6-A feat shouldn't be usable.

• The feat took from 2-3 minutes (I got lost while watching it so I'm not sure).
  • The Phoenix used more than his own power to create it.
  • The evidence used to scale Zeref is flawed and it wasn't complete when this was discussed before.
Everyone should get downgraded to High 6-C (with the proper multipliers prior accepted applying to the Dragon Gods and all that stuff).

Note: I probably won't be able to connect to the wiki for some hours, so don't burn this thread, please. Be civil about it.

I really don't wanna have this discussion, I'm a little stressed and I say I'm neutral for now

Also I new what this thread was just by you saying important

"Reason to Believe" meaning that they have evidence that would suggest that it is a fraction of it's true power.

I thought Time frane was for the Gravitational Potential Energy calculation. plus since it is the energy of all the wizards around it, that would give them the scaling too, potentially speaking plus it's own. or their magic was so insignificant that it's own power dwarfs their in comparison

They know it's power to be able to destroy the world, which it was going to do.

Using more than it's own power does not make it unable to use it, just that I wished to die so it can be reborn, so it intentionally did it not without directive.

The Council is well aware of many secrets of this world so they would have fair points to state that it's power would rival that of Zeref's.

I'm actually sick to death with CRT's about the God Tiers

Like I don't even care what they are anymore, I'll wait to hear other people's opinions

Well, I am just here in support of the FT, I have my own thing going on else where, so I am semi active.

I agree with the OP. Btw, the Council didn't believed that the Phoenix existed before Makarov saying it, so it's very unlikeky that their opinion talk about anything else than the mountain busting.

They had an arrow that was made to destroy the Pheonix Stone, though they were skeptical, but that did not change their measurement of the magic power that was coming from the area that is what it is.

Literally how is anyone being neutral or supportive of the old calc?

I completely agree with Calaca, I can't believe this didn't happen earlier and I'm glad he did with many scans to support it.

that doesn't mean Phoenix doesn't scale to the planet's surface destruction, there are plenty of feats which use energy from other places or people and get the scaling.

Just like I've said beforehand. I knew that it took a while for an explosion to happen and it was pretty much overtime High 6A

Alright then but now it goes to this....what will God tiers be now?

If the OP is accepted and the Phoenix no longer is High 6-A and doesn't scale to Zeref, scaling goes like this

High 6-C: Base Zeref, Natsu (Dragon Force and Igneel's Power)

At least High 6-C: Human Acnologia

Low 6-B, likely/possibly 6-A: Fairy Heart Zeref, Savage Dragon Fire Natsu, Dragon Form Acnologia, The Dragon Gods, Seven Flames Natsu, Soul Acnologia

At least Low 6-B, likely/possibly 6-A: Dragon Form Acnologia Post Space Between Time Absorption

6-A comes from Etherion, which remains as only likely/possibly due to the previous CRT, we are not discussing Etherion Scaling again as per verse rules, we just leave it as a maybe key, not definitive or null, so Etherion Scaling is a maybe and we'll leave it at that

Once again, completely neutral on OP since I really don't have the passion to discuss this topic again as it has been beaten to death

We decided along with Antvasima and a bunch of other admins not even a year ago, that we would keep Etherion Neutral as a likely/possibly, it's under the notes on the verse page

Nothing new can be said about that topic and it's been beaten to death over and over again, hence why we leave it as possibly

We agreed to a compromise and it should stay that way

Well Etherion could easily be Country busting overtime or Simply, city level and best based on how big the explosion was

We're not discussing Etherion again CNBA3, we literally did that 2 weeks ago...

Why do we keep bringing up settle topics

Oh, OK sorry

I'm just sick of these God Tier CRT's so forgive me if I get stressed and assume stuff

6-A doesn't come from a multiplier, it comes from Etherion whcih is compromised and agreed upon by everyone in the past to be only possibly 6-A

Oh man, what a good day at work today, I wonder if there's anything important-

OH SWEET MERCIFUL BUDDHA

Eh, it isn't like this is going to last. I mean, this rating came because we got more supporting evidence for the movie being canon in the 100YQ and that wasn't even done on purpose to show off a character's strength. There's several more antagonists to go through and I highly doubt we won't get another CRT to change the ratings again in a few months or less.

This seems absurdly self evident. The old calc used to support 6A is simply...incorrect.

Cant imagine an argument exists that disagrees with the OP here and is valid.

DragonEmperor23 said:
this rating came because we got more supporting evidence for the movie being canon in the 100YQ and that wasn't even done on purpose to show off a character's strength.
pres x 2 doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back