• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 1-B feat for Destiny of The Endless

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't read comics at all and as such don't know if there is some higher context at play here, but based on the scans shown it means nothing at all. It's no hierarchy. Neither an upward hierarchy, nor a downwards hierarchy.

After all, the scans say that the book contains the universe itself, not some downwards infinitesimal version of the universe

Yeah thue that it just contains the Dc multiverse anything that has happened,is happening and going to happen.

I don't read comics at all and as such don't know if there is some higher context at play here, but based on the scans shown it means nothing at all. It's no hierarchy. Neither an upward hierarchy, nor a downwards hierarchy.

After all, the scans say that the book contains the universe itself, not some downwards infinitesimal version of the universe
i know, im just saying that if it were it would be a downwards one

Yeah thue that it just contains the Dc multiverse anything that has happened,is happening and going to happen.
I've already answered that
That would mean the book is just made from pictures and text, these things are there in his book in the literal sense of the word, and affecting the book would affect these events. It's the universe shaped in the form of stories

Last edited:

Actually it is.
It's a paradox caused by the book that contains the universe being inside the universe when it logically should be outside of it.
How come the universe is containing a book that contains the universe? This created a paradox that goes infinitly downwards and by logic, infinitly upwards aswell.

Actually it is.
It's a paradox caused by the book that contains the universe being inside the universe when it logically should be outside of it.
How come the universe is containing a book that contains the universe? This created a paradox that goes infinitly downwards and by logic, infinitly upwards aswell.
If it was a smaller universe it wouldn't be a paradox at all. However the scans don't say it's containing a smaller universe. They say it's containing THE universe. Hence there is no hierarchy here in the first place.

Additionally, "by logic, infinitely upwards as well" is a massive leap of logic too.

If it was a smaller universe it wouldn't be a paradox at all. However the scans don't say it's containing a smaller universe. They say it's containing THE universe. Hence there is no hierarchy here in the first place.

Additionally, "by logic, infinitely upwards as well" is a massive leap of logic too.
The scan didn't say it but showed it
006.jpg

The smaller book inside the bigger book cannot be of the same size. and like the mirror reflection trick, which this scan was mimicking, there is no reason for it to stop at one point, hence I said by logic goes upwards aswell.
You are right tho it's not a paradox

Last edited:
Looking at it again it seems the scan is showing us what the book does indeed contain the universe that's happening,about to happen and has happen.
As we see 1 part of him talking to death to death of the endless in the book.

Looking at it again it seems the scan is showing us what the book does indeed contain the universe that's happening,about to happen and has happen.
As we see 1 part of him talking to death to death of the endless in the book.
Yes, it's just the imprints in the universe, because if it would be about hierarchy, it would be wrong from the start where Destiny is standing above Death.

The scan didn't say it but showed it
006.jpg

The smaller book inside the bigger book cannot be of the same size. and like the mirror reflection trick, which this scan was mimicking, there is no reason for it to stop at one point, hence I said by logic goes upwards aswell.
You are right tho it's not a paradox
You can't apply logic selectively. If the book is a literal book then it doesn't contain any universe. The universe it is said to contain is the actual universe, not some lower infinitesimal universe.

Yes, it's just the imprints in the universe, because if it would be about hierarchy, it would be wrong from the start where Destiny is standing above Death.
Lucifer erased himself from existence by removing every mention of himself from the book in his latest run. So yes death also can be erased through the book. Lucifer might be stronger than Destiny, but not stronger than his book, unless he is outside of it in the void.
images

Lucifer erased himself from existence by removing every mention of himself from the book in his latest run. So yes death also can be erased through the book. Lucifer might be stronger than Destiny, but not stronger than his book, unless he is outside of it in the void.
images
There is a context here, he was being erased by another thing actually. Also, Destiny is the book, and the book is Destiny and any of them are the universe.

Isn't this.... literally a direct contradiction to what you are saying? Changes in the book affecting the actual universe, which wouldn't be the case if the universe inside the book was a lower one.
I said it by logic goes upwards aswell.
The book that contains the universe being contained by the universe created an infinite typical versions of the same universe and the same book, each contains the other.
006.jpg

There are two scenarios where this is a high 1-B feat
If the book just contains the universe in the form of knowledge or just a story, then there is definitely an infinite hierarchy upwards and downwards each sees the other as fiction since there is no other way for it to affect Lucifer or anything else
The other scenario is that it literally has the universe within it, but Destiny and his book being also contained by the universe creates infinite chain of the same universe and the same book each containing the other, each infinitely bigger than the other
Admittedly I'm not sure myself but I've said all I have and I'm done here

Last edited:
It is the same universe, it's just infinite points of the same and only universe. Isn't infinite versions of that universe stacked on top of each other.

There are two scenarios where this is a high 1-B feat
If the book just contains the universe in the form of knowledge or just a story, then there is definitely an infinite hierarchy upwards and downwards each sees the other as fiction since there is no other way for it to affect Lucifer or anything else
The other scenario is that it literally has the universe within it, but Destiny and his book being also contained by the universe creates infinite chain of the same universe and the same book each containing the other
Admittedly I'm not sure myself but I've said all I have and I'm done here
The book affects Lucifer because Lucifer is part of the plan, and the plan is the book (universe) itself. The thing about lucifer being erased is related to the original darkness, and in any way isn't even related to High 1-B.

It has the same universe within it, the same page inside the book contains the whole book, every page contains the whole, it was never said that each book is a smaller version of the universe, but that each of them is the whole universe because the book itself contains everything. Anyhow you yourself even claims that "his book being also contained by the universe creates an infinite chain of the same universe", this doesn't mean that it is an infinite hierarchy of each book seeing the other as akin to fiction, but just the same book in different pages, as I said the greater destiny on the scan is holding the book while there is a page inside the book that is picturing the scan itself. It is just infinite points of the Destiny, and he was reading his own records, that is contained inside of himself, while he is contained inside of those same records because every record is contained in him, and he is contained in them.

So, just being reality-fiction already get High 1-B now??????
Already gave mine, and we just need knowledgeable members about the character in DC overall. And here are other additions that this is just how the book itself contains the whole, even when it contains itself inside of it.
  1. All that was and is and will be is recorded in this book. As are the details of our current conversation.
  2. Destiny holding his book and quoting himself while walking, white the previous event being written in himself (the book).

images
Both the book and destiny avatar or whatever are both destiny from what I've read through vertigo comics.
It's just flowery language, That's all the s*** is.
What flowery language?
I'd like opinions from people that are knowledgeable about Vertigo.
That would be @sandman and @mathew I don't think they would agree with you here.

Destiny sees all of creation the same way from atoms to 1-A realms such as Monitor Sphere and Limbo so he should be High 1-A kek

It is the same universe, it's just infinite points of the same and only universe. Isn't infinite versions of that universe stacked on top of each other
I've already answered this before
This is why I got tired of this thread, the arguments are getting repetitive.
They are smaller/bigger versions of the same universe and book provided by the fact that the larger book of Destiny shown in the last scan in the OP contained another book in just one page. And it also includes a page where destiny can be seen at the same moment he is in. Different sizes = different versions.

I know 2 outerversal transcendencies is High 1-A elsewhere, I thought it was on VSBW as well.

I doubt it, but you can argue tier 0 yeah, but you need more than what I provided.
Being infinitly above 1-A is the high end of 1-A
To be high 1-A he got transcend being infinitely above 1-A. There's nothing that says Destiny transcends the universe, he's an inhabitant.
The universe contains him just as he contains the universe.

Being infinitly above 1-A is the high end of 1-A
No, that’s an understatement. You mean infinite hierarchy and then some.
There's nothing that says Destiny transcends the universe, he's an inhabitant.
The universe contains him just as he contains the universe.
I mean, that’s just an aspect of him. I’m talking about true destiny here, the one who views the universe as mere stories.

No, that’s an understatement. You mean infinite hierarchy and then some.

I mean, that’s just an aspect of him. I’m talking about true destiny here, the one who views the universe as mere stories.
Being an aspect doesn't always mean being weaker. Destiny, dreams, death etc. Exist in DC in the form of aspects, there's no true higher form, the true form would just be the concept. It's not an individual. At least from what I know about Vertigo.

Being an aspect doesn't always mean being weaker. Destiny, dreams, death etc. Exist in DC in the form of aspects, there's no true higher form, the true form would just be the concept. It's not an individual. At least from what I know about Vertigo.
Maybe the word “projection” would be more accurate in this case, but a mere aspect should be weaker than the concept as a whole.

Maybe the word “projection” would be more accurate in this case, but a mere aspect should be weaker than the concept as a whole
Almost all of the high tiers of Vertigo have aspects, not all of these aspects are weaker than the true form
images

24VratMm3H7jYG26XzM-5JutT6CRtn9_XpW9uP3bMQkFqKzCKIt9PPjzh725hzvkcer7VeTqIFQA=s1600

The Presence/Yahweh is an aspect of the creator just like the Voice, but he is not weaker than the true form of the creator.
Also, the concepts are not individuals that can fight like the Endless and no evidence they exist on a higher plane of existence

Last edited:
I know 2 outerversal transcendencies is High 1-A elsewhere, I thought it was on VSBW as well.

I doubt it, but you can argue tier 0 yeah, but you need more than what I provided.
High 1A is given when a character transcends an infinite 1A+ hierarchy and sees it as fiction(though I don't know if to see it as fiction is compulsory)
And also to be over a 1A+ hierarchy no matter how many layers added or extensions the 1A+ hierarchy has, it won't reach the level of the character's level so High 1A.

I'm think this is how I remember it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back