• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucifer High Godly Regeneration

Status
Not open for further replies.
High-Godly: The ability to regenerate after the erasure of body, mind, soul, and at least one other fundamental aspect of a character's existence. Such an aspect could be their place in the narrative, their history, their information (Type 2), their concept, et cetera. For any aspect to qualify, destruction of that aspect must cause erasure of the character in some form and it must be shown that the character cannot exist without that fundamental aspect existing as well; in addition it must not be something that would ordinarily be restored by regenerating body, mind, or soul. As such, type 3 concepts must be evaluated with care and aspects which are not sufficiently expanded upon to make a judgement will not to qualify.

Seems to meet the requirements.

"came back from getting erased by the book of destiny, which contains the past, present, and future of creation, including every detail of a person's history."

is this alright?

Last edited:
Remind me if i am wrong here, but isnt Lucifer 2018 non-canon? Like isnt it a whole other continuity disconnected from the Gaiman/Carey/Black one?

I think you are fine to apply this as you got 2 administrator agreements.

Also, I agree with HGR. Seems blatant.

It is most definitely not canon. This story straight up ignores the existence of Elaine and Gabriel. As well as just suddenly brings back the presence from retirement when the entirety of the end of Lucifer vol.1 was literally about him giving his job to Elaine and going into the Void.

When approached about it on Twitter, Dan Watters himself said its separate from the Vol.1 and 2 continuity

Neil himself came out at the time and called it an entire recreation of his original vision

"Okay, this is that thing." We were looking at rebooting Books of Magic, so let's go talk to Kat. She has the touch, she understands the magic. These are people who are really good and smart, and, more to the point, they understand the area that we have cordoned off. It's actually exactly like casting; you're trying to cast the writer. With Lucifer, Mike Carey and Holly Black left huge shoes to fill. But Dan is smart and deep, and he gets it. He's up to the challenge of "Okay, can you recreate this thing?"

So yeah, i am not sure if we can still use things from it.

image.png

So has this been accepted then? Do you only need L's own page unlocked or any others as well?

It is most definitely not canon. This story straight up ignores the existence of Elaine and Gabriel. As well as just suddenly brings back the presence from retirement when the entirety of the end of Lucifer vol.1 was literally about him giving his job to Elaine and going into the Void.

When approached about it on Twitter, Dan Watters himself said its separate from the Vol.1 and 2 continuity
Um this is more supporting evidence that its canon??? Dan literally acknowledges the fact that all of the things you stated has happened already....

recreating something doesn't mean its going to be non canon all of a sudden. my guy Dan was literally trying to fit Lucifer 2018 into Neil/Carey's original Lucifer

Okay. Should that be decided before I unlock the page for editing?

Okay. Please continue to discuss the issue then.

Um this is more supporting evidence that its canon??? Dan literally acknowledges the fact that all of the things you stated has happened already....
What do you mean my guy. The author literally told us its separate from the original continuity

There are integral aspects that are straight up ignored.

recreating something doesn't mean its going to be non canon all of a sudden. my guy Dan was literally trying to fit Lucifer 2018 into Neil/Carey's original Lucifer
He used some aspects, sure. But Elaine replacing the Presence. Lucifers hair. Gabriels literal existence. The presence suddenly coming back. The Presence being killed by the Collective unconscious

All of this would not happen in the original continuity

Where? That's not what the tweet you linked said.

"The truth is, we wanted to delve into new territory and leave the prior run to stand, as it does with aplomb. All of that stuff happened, but this stuff happened too. Glad you're enjoying the book!"

This appears to be a direct confirmation of canonicity.

do you guys think the 2018 event happen before Mike Carrey run? that make sense ngl it would give use to his random Depowered key

Reword it because im delusional

Last edited:
Where? That's not what the tweet you linked said.

"The truth is, we wanted to delve into new territory and leave the prior run to stand, as it does with aplomb. All of that stuff happened, but this stuff happened too. Glad you're enjoying the book!"

This appears to be a direct confirmation of canonicity.
Im not sure if you're trying to make another point here. They are explicitly not the same continuity, like literally.

That's the claim you've made, but the tweet from Watters you posted seems to indicate the opposite of that.
I am not claiming anything though. It is a complete fact that Elaines entire thing at the end of Vol.1 and the entirety of Vol.2 were completely retconned by The Presences sudden existence, alongside numerous other contradictions. Anyone who has read all of these stories would've immediately noticed this.

The tweet perfectly explains this, as a fan asks him why exactly do these contradictions exist, Dan Watters tells him that he wanted the original continuity (where all of these events happened) to stand on its own and that they wanted to delve into new territory. With Gaiman himself agreeing that its a recreation of his work without most of these integral aspects.

Its clearly an entirely different continuity.

Anyone who has read all of these stories would've immediately noticed this.
And yet, I have read all of these stories, and do not share this assessment.

Dan Watters tells him that he wanted the original continuity
He doesn't say the word continuity. He said he wanted the prior run to stand, and delve into new territory, this doesn't necessitate a new continuity. It just means that he did not want to tether the story directly to the events of the other comics, which can occur within the same continuity.

With Gaiman himself agreeing that its a recreation of his work without most of these integral aspects.
I don't see what Gaiman has to do with any of it, given that Carey and Black wrote the first two and Watters wrote the third. Gaiman may have come up with the character's name and basic premise, but he's had little to no involvement with Lucifer since his brief cameo in Sandman in the 80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back