• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 1-B feat for Destiny of The Endless

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Stated in the following scan, and as everybody knows, Destiny's book contains all of creation from it's beginning to its end:
7206832-rco006_1468992025%20%282%29.jpg

It's not just some recordings but the universe itself shaped into a story that destiny reads
7206836-rco006_1468992025%20%284%29.jpg

The book is heavy, possibly the weight of the things it contains
7206815-rco139.jpg

Well, the thing is, within the book of destiny, is another Destiny and another book of destiny.
7209598-rco006_1468992025.jpg

And by logic, that book of Destiny also contains another Destiny, and another book of destiny and so on.
So basically destiny is holding a universe containing another universe, containing another universe, ...infinitely.

As stated in the scan, this was caused by Destiny who holds a book that contains the universe being an inhabitant of the universe himself along with his book.

This has created a chain similar to the infinite mirror, the universe holding destiny who holds the universe etc. By logic it's without end on either side, gets bigger infinitely and smaller infinitely.

Honestly I'm not very familiar with the tiering system, so I want opinions.
Does this qualify for a high 1-B tier?

Last edited:
As Stated in the following scan, and as everybody knows, Destiny's book contains all of creation from it's beginning to its end:
7206832-rco006_1468992025%20%282%29.jpg

The book is the universe shaped into stories, that Destiny reads
7206836-rco006_1468992025%20%284%29.jpg

The book is heavy, possibly the weight of the things it contains
7206815-rco139.jpg

Well, the thing is, within the book of destiny, is another Destiny and another book of destiny.
7209598-rco006_1468992025.jpg

And by logic, that book of Destiny also contains another Destiny, and another book of destiny and so on.
So basically destiny is holding a universe containing another universe, containing another universe, ...infinitely.

Honestly I'm not very familiar with the tiering system, so I want opinions.
Does this qualify for a high 1-B tier?
Which Comics?

If each page contains the other as a story, I think it would be 1-B.

Last edited:
It should be High 1B I guess since the book contains everything,that is happening,that has happened and that is yet to happen and dc has infinite possibilities so it should be High 1B.

But you need members opinion here like Yuri and Efficiente and other staff's and members and too lazy to mention. If they accept then I guess it's fine.

Can we come back to this once the whole cosmology split thing is over?

In any case, he is already 1-A so I don't see the purpose of this thread tbh

What Alonik said.

It's just that Destiny isn't just outside of existence, he sometimes interacts with it, so he appear in the book.

If it was a case of Ad Infinitum he would a the scene of him reading the book, which isn't what happens here.

So no High 1-B here.

What Alonik said.

It's just that Destiny isn't just outside of existence, he sometimes interacts with it, so he appear in the book.

If it was a case of Ad Infinitum he would a the scene of him reading the book, which isn't what happens here.

So no High 1-B here.
Look at the last scan I posted in the OP, he flipped the page where he is looking at himself reading the book. Look carfully parts of it appear.

Look at the last scan I posted in the OP, he flipped the page where he is looking at himself reading the book. Look carfully parts of it appear.
Oh right.
I would still rather be on the disagreeing side based on the other reason, but more like neutral leaning toward disagreement.

That's just Destiny of the Endless aspect, that's not a stacked book a top of each other. The book is the creation itself, isn't as if destiny inside the three-dimensional plane is the whole creation, and the one in the next higher-plane another whole creation stacked atop the previous, is just his self manifestations.
The book contains the universe, and contains another book that also contains the universe and is completely dwarfed and contained by the book above it and so on
Sure they are all about the same universe but you can't say they have the same size, it's larger infinity.

This just means that Destiny is imprinted on himself, not that there is an infinite pile of destiny with each of them seeing a lower self as akin to fiction. It's pretty much the same philosophy as the scan that you crop in "The Sandman: Endless Nights," where Destiny walks through the universe while he is still the universe.

In a more simplistic way, Gaiman wanted to convey that the universe is written in a book, and the universe being the book hirself can be read hirself, because it is a record of hirself, and can be read at every moment that it has "walked/progressed" forward on its "journey/tale".

The book contains the universe, and contains another book that also contains the universe and is completely dwarfed and contained by the book above it and so on
Sure they are all about the same universe but you can't say they have the same size, it's larger infinity.
That's not what is saying, you just need to see that the book is saying that the book contains everything that happened, that is happening, and that will happen. That is what that scan is about, Destiny seeing his own future, while there is a part of the book inside the first book which is seeing the first self that you're calling the "largest and dwarfing the one inside" as well.

What Alonik said.

So no High 1-B here.
Destiny exists everywere cause you know his Destiny

That's not what is saying, you just need to see that the book is saying that the book contains everything that happened, that is happening, and that will happen. That is what that scan is about, Destiny seeing his own future, while there is a part of the book inside the first book which is seeing the first self that you're calling the "largest and dwarfing the one inside" as well.

Here's my whole point:
The book is infinite through containing realms that are infinite like the dreaming even if we don't take main DC into account. On that everyone can agree right?
And the book of Destiny literally holds the universe, like affecting the book would affect the universe/multiverse. It 's not just a script or pictures
And there is a book of Destiny seen inside that book, even a page where destiny can see himself at that same moment. how can something infinite fit into something infinite if it wasn’t a larger infinity?

This just means that Destiny is imprinted on himself, not that there is an infinite pile of destiny with each of them seeing a lower self as akin to fiction. It's pretty much the same philosophy as the scan that you crop in "The Sandman: Endless Nights," where Destiny walks through the universe while he is still the universe.

In a more simplistic way, Gaiman wanted to convey that the universe is written in a book, and the universe being the book hirself can be read hirself, because it is a record of hirself, and can be read at every moment that it has "walked/progressed" forward on its "journey/tale".

And btw I didn't crop anything, I took the scans from respect threads, they were already cropped when I found them.

Here's my whole point:
The book is infinite through containing realms that are infinite like the dreaming even if we don't take main DC into account. On that everyone can agree right?
And the book of Destiny literally holds the universe, like affecting the book would affect the universe/multiverse. It 's not just a script or pictures
And there is a book of Destiny seen inside that book, even a page where destiny can see himself at that same moment. how can something infinite fit into something infinite if it wasn’t a larger infinity?
That is Destiny seeing himself in the future. Let's interpret this as follows, I will mark the scan with the numbers 1 and 2 pointing to two details.

6DJf7Vg.png

The book 1 is seeing the book 2 as a page inside of it, although that same page is seeing the book 1 and the huge Destiny holding the larger book inside of the page itself. It is an endless paradox of how Destiny is contained in himself. "Destiny carries the universe. It is rare, but far from unknown for Destiny to read about himself in the book. He is, in his own way, an inhabitant of the universe, after all. Now he turns a page and reads about himself."

That is Destiny seeing himself in the future. Let's interpret this as follows, I will mark the scan with the numbers 1 and 2 pointing to two details.

6DJf7Vg.png

The book 1 is seeing the book 2 as a page inside of it, although that same page is seeing the book 1 and the huge Destiny holding the larger book inside of the page itself. It is an endless paradox of how Destiny is contained in himself. "Destiny carries the universe. It is rare, but far from unknown for Destiny to read about himself in the book. He is, in his own way, an inhabitant of the universe, after all. Now he turns a page and reads about himself."
How can something smaller hold something bigger than it? Book 2 would hold book 3, which is smaller

No, mainly because Destiny isn't bound by dimensions anyway, in Gaiman's cosmology Destiny is the word of god itself, manifested in the Sefer-Haziel.
Wouldn't that still be 1A?

6DJf7Vg.png

Tbh, it does look like the books are inside one another with the same Destiny inside and holding it but I think this depends on how we interpret it.

this wouldn't even mean anything because if it were to be taken it is just a downward hierarchy and as such would be 11-C if legit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back