• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucifer High Godly Regeneration

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet, I have read all of these stories, and do not share this assessment.
You have not made the very minor notice that Elaine, an integral part of Vol.1s ending has gone poof? I mean hot damn Deegon, you inspect stories like no other.

He doesn't say the word continuity. He said he wanted the prior run to stand, and delve into new territory, this doesn't necessitate a new continuity. It just means that he did not want to tether the story directly to the events of the other comics, which can occur within the same continuity.
And the small tidbit that the “prior run" has a lot of things that straight up ignored. Making your interpretation of the tweet immediately invalid. And even more invalid when Gaiman himself said its a recreation of the events of the original two volumes.

Come on now, i do agree Lucifer should probably have High-Godly regen (because there is literally like 1-2 valid, but small inconsistencies between his canon and Snyders) but using non-canon material is not de way.

You have not made the very minor notice that Elaine, an integral part of Vol.1s ending has gone poof? I mean hot damn Deegon, you inspect stories like no other.
Stop with the snarky comments.

And the small tidbit that the “prior run" has a lot of things that straight up ignored. Making your interpretation of the tweet immediately invalid.
I don't agree with that at all. Watters tweet very clearly places them in the same continuity.

And even more invalid when Gaiman himself said its a recreation of the events of the original two volumes.
And yet Gaiman himself is not an author of any of these runs, so his input on the matter is almost completely meaningless.

but using non-canon material is not de way.
No one is using non-canon material.

Stop with the snarky comments.
Sowyyy
images

I don't agree with that at all. Watters tweet very clearly places them in the same continuity.
But they're not though, we literally know that they are not. I think a lot of you guys forget that these comics are still stories, you cant make a Season 6 of Breaking Bad and randomly bring Walter and Jesse back like nothing happened. Its a whole other continuity.

And yet Gaiman himself is not an author of any of these runs, so his input on the matter is almost completely meaningless.
Neil Gaiman, one of the authors of Vol.1, has no say in what is canon to his material. Hmm, i have to say that i sense a problem here.

But they're not though, we literally know that they are not.
Okay. If you're just going to keep insisting that your view is objectively correct, be my guest. My goal is not to persuade you otherwise, so long as you understand that I staunchly disagree.

Neil Gaiman, one of the authors of Vol.1, has no say in what is canon to his material. Hmm, i have to say that i sense a problem here.
Neil Gaiman did not write Volume 1 of Lucifer. Mike Carey is the only author. Neil Gaiman introduced the character in Sandman.

Okay. If you're just going to keep insisting that your view is objectively correct, be my guest. My goal is not to persuade you otherwise, so long as you understand that I staunchly disagree.
Its not my opinion. Dan Watters literally has contradicted numerous things from that cosmology.

From what I understand. This Lucifer is the same Lucifer in the same Universe. It follows the Sandman Universe approach which was a reboot of the Sandman Volume 2 series.

Dream is still Daniel, Lucifer is still Lucifer. They just happen to be written at different times with different approaches.

So whatever applies to 2018 Lucifer applies to 2000 although it may not be the opposite since there were many rewrites. However, it's not two different continuities.

From what I understand. This Lucifer is the same Lucifer in the same Universe. It follows the Sandman Universe approach which was a reboot of the Sandman Volume 2 series.

Dream is still Daniel, Lucifer is still Lucifer. They just happen to be written at different times with different approaches.

So whatever applies to 2018 Lucifer applies to 2000 although it may not be the opposite since there were many rewrites. However, it's not two different continuities.
Optimal copium, brother. They straight up contradict each other vastly, and are objectively stated to be recreations, and entirely different things.

But it is a fact that Lucifer has High-Godly regen, just a wrong justification. Go with it eitherway

Optimal copium, brother. They straight up contradict each other vastly, and are objectively stated to be recreations, and entirely different things.

But it is a fact that Lucifer has High-Godly regen, just a wrong justification. Go with it eitherway
It's literally the same Lucifer Morningstar. Made to be a prelude to the same Morningstar from Vertigo with a different approach. That does not mean anything else is contradicted.

How did Daniel become Dream? Why do Lucien and Matthew know of Morpheus who knew Lucifer? Just because there is an addition does not make it a different continuity.

I will unlock L's page for editing. Tell me here when you are done please. 🙏

By the way, I am afraid that I also have a similar impression of strongly revised continuity for this character as NHTkenshin2 does, and this seems to have been confirmed by author interviews.

By the way, I am afraid that I also have a similar impression of strongly revised continuity for this character as NHTkenshin2 does, and this seems to have been confirmed by author interviews.
There are many characters that have continuity issues, but Lucifer particularly doesn't as the canonicity has already been confirmed

But aren't there too strong contradictions between the two authors?

But aren't there too strong contradictions between the two authors?
dan watters tried to fit everything together (which he did well) and get rid of the contradictions

Okay. I will do so.

Thank you to everybody who helped out here. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back