• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heroes of the Storm Cosmology

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter

I made a blog.

Who scales​

Realm Lords (Directly interface with singularities, and those, such as The Raven Lord, can actively absorb them)
Orphea (Boxed a serious Raven Lord)
Deathwing (Boxed Orphea)
Likely Imperius (Is literally directly compared to a Realm Lord by Alexstrasza)

And... that's it to my knowledge. Whether they should be Low 2-C or 3-A is up for discussion.

Agree: @KingTempest, @Dereck03, @Shmooply, @Greatsage13th

Neutral:

Disagree:

Last edited:
Dota:

As long as only those three scale, I'm fine with the upgrade.
Lmfao

I may find more who scale, but the vast majority of Heroes do not scale to Realm Lords in any way

Not without using Game Mechanics anyway, and from my profiles on the verse, you can tell that I do not use the everyone scales to everyone philosophy

I swear you only called me here cause the damn blog has storm in the verse name

Lemme read it

HotS. Diablo, Warcraft, Overwatch, Starcraft, and The Lost Vikings are canon to each other?

What the hell?

I think the singularity point is shaky but the statement in the first link
When Iresia’s competing factions tore the realm apart, shattering its singularity
Supports it being 3-A to Low 2-C

So looks good on all fronts FROM ME

HotS. Diablo, Warcraft, Overwatch, Starcraft, and The Lost Vikings are canon to each other?

What the hell?

I think the singularity point is shaky but the statement in the first link

Supports it being 3-A to Low 2-C

Nah, if they were, we'd be talking tier 1 Courtesy of Warcraft and 2-C for high-tiers because of Diablo... the guy.

Thank you for the opinions

I added the specific quote KingTempest noted as being solid into the Singularity section
Question, is this saying you have pretty high standards or...?

Although, not directly related to the topic, but I am not sure why you'd scale Nexus to just 2-C. Each skin with each variation is from its own universe, after all. The direct proof example is Dragon Aspect Alexstrasza's skin, which by default is an aspect of Life, but its variations are Death, Time, and Wild, which can't exist simultaneously. (Or Dark Nexus skins, naturally) According to Nexus Compendium, there are 1807 of such variations. Even taking into consideration the fact that some of them are from one setting, I think it would still be 1000+ or 2-B.

Plus, there are things like Chromie's infinite number of timelines statement, which would make Warcraft 2-A.

Although, not directly related to the topic, but I am not sure why you'd scale Nexus to just 2-C. Each skin with each variation is from its own universe, after all. The direct proof example is Dragon Aspect Alexstrasza's skin, which by default is an aspect of Life, but its variations are Death, Time, and Wild, which can't exist simultaneously. (Or Dark Nexus skins, naturally) According to Nexus Compendium, there are 1807 of such variations. Even taking into consideration the fact that some of them are from one setting, I think it would still be 1000+ or 2-B.

Plus, there are things like Chromie's infinite number of timelines statement, which would make Warcraft 2-A.
To but it bluntly, many of the skins are either just from the Nexus (you aint gonna tell me the dark nexus skins are all variations when there's canonicaly only one of each) or are easy reskins.

The Alexstrasza point is weak, even In Warcraft Thrall basically was the aspect of multiple shit for a while in Cataclysm, so yes, those can be the same universes and we can't seperate them.

Chromie is easy to argue against... where's your proof the Nexus has access to all of these supposed(Cause yeah the statement is random and shit) infinite timelines?

To but it bluntly, many of the skins are either just from the Nexus (you aint gonna tell me the dark nexus skins are all variations when there's canonicaly only one of each) or are easy reskins.

The Alexstrasza point is weak, even In Warcraft Thrall basically was the aspect of multiple shit for a while in Cataclysm, so yes, those can be the same universes and we can't seperate them.

Chromie is easy to argue against... where's your proof the Nexus has access to all of these supposed(Cause yeah the statement is random and shit) infinite timelines?
The Nexus is "a universe of universes" and "full of all kinds of realms" (here). Dark Nexus is more of an exception, sure. But all other universes are in the Nexus. So it does scale to the full amount. Now, the point of variations. The argument can be made as such, but you can't seriously argue that, for example, bears in Azeroth can change their fur colour.

The Nexus itself contains Azeroth, meaning it contains infinite timelines. And don't brush off skin lore, in the very same video you used in the blog they mentioned that skins are indeed a tool they use for lore.

The Nexus is "a universe of universes" and "full of all kinds of realms" (here). Dark Nexus is more of an exception, sure. But all other universes are in the Nexus. So it does scale to the full amount. Now, the point of variations. The argument can be made as such, but you can't seriously argue that, for example, bears in Azeroth can change their fur colour.

The Nexus itself contains Azeroth, meaning it contains infinite timelines. And don't brush off skin lore, in the very same video you used in the blog they mentioned that skins are indeed a tool they use for lore.
Yes, and this can be 5, 8, or 500. Doesn't really matter.

Some can in Warcraft. You'd be surprised. Misha in particular has gone through like 8 different fur tones

I can and will disregard skin lore when it's a high-end outlier we have 0 proof of the Nexus dealing with. And its the ladder that kills you. Badly. I could go through every unique skin in the game and I can guarantee you that I'd find less then 1001

Yes, and this can be 5, 8, or 500. Doesn't really matter.
Well, yes.
Some can in Warcraft. You'd be surprised. Misha in particular has gone through like 8 different fur tones
Really. Well, I be damned.
I can and will disregard skin lore when it's a high-end outlier we have 0 proof of the Nexus dealing with. And its the ladder that kills you. Badly. I could go through every unique skin in the game and I can guarantee you that I'd find less then 1001
It can't be an outlier due to Nexus scaling only to itself (And the Kid, maybe). And by throwing away the lore of cosmetics you are throwing away a good half of the lore of the game, if not more. And if that's the case, then there's no point at all.

It can't be an outlier due to Nexus scaling only to itself (And the Kid, maybe). And by throwing away the lore of cosmetics you are throwing away a good half of the lore of the game, if not more. And if that's the case, then there's no point at all.
Strawman. Point out where I said I'd throw out all skin lore.

I'm not going for the highest interpretation when one part of that interpretation is 100% unproven. Especially when some of this shit can, and sometimes do, actually just share a universe

Strawman? Bruuuh.

Whatever, mate. Do what you want.
Don't put words in my mouth and I won't say that you strawmanned me lol

Here's my problem beyond the whole maybe outlier bit: assumptions. To say the Nexus is 2-A, we need to assume that the Nexus A. Has sight of all those infinite univerees. And B. Can effect every single one of those universes at once.

Those are 2 VERY big assumptions to make, even for a possibly

Back