• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heroes are forever--Link vs Gilgamesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
This was a long time coming. Both have a crap ton of weapons. Speed is equalized. Link gets 3 minutes of prep to counter SNI or whatever it's called. Both at their peak, and completely serious. Speed equalized.

If this is a stomp, let me know. I thought Gil is strong enough to take out people of higher tiers like the other people on his level.

Gilgamesh4
LinkWarriors

The only person he ever took out at higher tier was a Low4C who was affected by chains of heaven.

Can you link the profile or is this composite?

Gilgamesh has so much BS in his arsenal I wouldn't be surprised if this was a fair fight let alone a decisive match at least.

That said, I'm voting Gil for the following.

1. Link has far superior expierience and skill, but Gilgamesh himself is no idiot, he will use SNI in the beginning of the fight to know what his opponent is capable of, once he does, he will not NOT to approach this character or to allow Link the opportunity to approach him, and will get on Vimana immediately.

2. Once on Vimana, he will spam Link with tons of weapons from GoB which Link at first will try to dodge or deflect, and in the process launch projectiles at Gilgamesh flying away, which Gil will dodge in the process as he's has no problems casually dodging homing middle barrages, and firing his weapons to slow Links projectiles down.

3. EA will kill Link, it's capable of harming 4Bs that lack the concept of death, so once he's borderline out of range, he will use Enuma Elish, killing Link.

Gil has to pull out all the stops here, this ain't a stomp, and I commend you for making a very interesting match with a character that's kinda overused.

Link:

Multiplication: Gil is facing 4 Links. Every of them equipped with:

Ancient arrows. Invisibility that may bypass SNI. Timestop/Reversal, which may affect Gil, if it does, its the end. Tremendous AP advantage where any hit will kill Gil. Link doesnt need to go close combat, with that AP advantage any spell or ranged weapon can kill Gil.

going for Link mid-difficulty thanks to 1. Prep. 2. More experience. 3. Tremendous AP.

-Invisibility is useless against SNI.

-He has Time Manipulation resistance

His best bet is getting one arrow on a flying ship flown by a guy who can dodge homing missles like cake, who can shoot GoB at him and at the arrows launched at him.

I'm sorry but Gil is serious so this is honestly a complete stomp. With SNI there is no chance he loses no matter how much prep time you give link

PaChi2 said:
Link:

Multiplication: Gil is facing 4 Links. Every of them equipped with:

Ancient arrows. Invisibility that may bypass SNI. Timestop/Reversal, which may affect Gil, if it does, its the end. Tremendous AP advantage where any hit will kill Gil. Link doesnt need to go close combat, with that AP advantage any spell or ranged weapon can kill Gil.

going for Link mid-difficulty thanks to 1. Prep. 2. More experience. 3. Tremendous AP.
1. Prep isn't nearly enough to compensate for SNI

2. His experience won't keep him alive for much longer

3. His AP doesn't mean jack if Gil fires off EA. In fact Gil being serious he will probably pull out EA and encourage Link to get in close.

EDIT: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EjM8DkcRu_Y

Arm = Link

Aizenishere said:
I'm sorry but Gil is serious so this is honestly a complete stomp. With SNI there is no chance he loses no matter how much prep time you give link
Er, bud? That sounds a bit like an exaggeration. It's precog, albeit really good precog, which nonetheless rarely, if ever, wins fights by itself.

@Cal

Mb bud I didn't elaborate. With the pre cog plus Gil being serious plus having anything and everything he needs to beat Link I don't see him losing since 1. He'll know Links every move and 2. He's serious so no dumb nonsense happening this time around.

EDIT: my brains fried. Just noticed this is CCC Gil so him being serious just adds to the "I'm going to kill you now" mentality

Firstly, no biggie, bro.

Think of it like performing a perfect run in a video game. You know how to do it, but one small misstep means you lose.

That is this battle for Gil

(Assuming there's a chance for victory or Link doesn't pull a BB and go all baby killer ovo)

@Cal to me it's more like Gil is going through Victory Road in Pokemon with a YouTube Walkthrough already embedded is his head.

...too soon bro

(I just lost my Dugtio in a Nuzlocke on Victory Road to a friggin wild Machoke ;_;)

I'm actually laughing right now XD. That was funny.

Guess what Pokémon I was forced to use to take its place. Yes, it's obvious due to irony

I mean, Ea can kill 4-Bs, so I wouldn't know if the mirror shield would really doing much

and it can be used as a melee weapon

Wouldn't being used for melee mean it's getting broken if it collides with anything of Link's?

Considering that it can kill 4-Bs, even at range Gil wins, I doubt the mirror shield will reflect something that outright breaks it

I see.

Though how does he get past the resurrection? (unless Ea is conceptual or something like that)

Aizenishere said:
not only that but once SBA is out of the gate Gil stomps even harder

@Cal

Ea is conceptual and kills things so badly that things that literally lack the concept of dying can be killed by it even though they're supposed to last for as long as their planets do.

I'm aware it kills Link...bad.

Wait, it conceptually erases? Like, gets rid of low godly regen and all?

In seriousness i'll go with Gil for the reasons above serious and pretty good arsenal and resistence will let him take down link pretty efficiently

@Cal

Yep. Kills things dead.

It can shred through concepts like "The World" and bypass the Regenerationn of the Types, who normally exist as disembodied consciousnesses.

In that case, it erases Link's consciousness and bypasses his resurrection, as there's no trace of Link to bring back.

However, how does he bypass all of Link's other hax (or well...his everything)?

The real cal howard said:
In that case, it erases Link's consciousness and bypasses his resurrection, as there's no trace of Link to bring back.

However, how does he bypass all of Link's other hax (or well...his everything)?
He won't have to. If he's serious hes gonna use EA and I doubt Link can get out of range.

Wow, so Gil manhandled Ganon several times and now he's doing the same to Link. Nice~.

Is all of Link's stuff magic? Not trying to say Gilgamesh automatically resists everything, I just want to know.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Wow, so Gil manhandled Ganon several times and now he's doing the same to Link. Nice~.

Is all of Link's stuff magic? Not trying to say Gilgamesh automatically resists everything, I just want to know.
Usually most of if not all of his arsenal are referred too as magical so.

Burning Full Fingers said:

Too bad they're all outdated :p

What's outdated? Actually curious, not saying that out of spite or anything. Doubt you thought that, but just making sure.

Though, I have to ask. How is SNI gonna help if say, every future shows him getting erased in the past or stopped in time (resistance to time manipulation doesn't necessarily mean resistance to time stop)

Voting for Gilgamesh here because of his intel advantage with SNI and the fact that Link doesn't really have any counter at all for Ea.

He is immune to Time Paradox due to Independent Manifestation, so killing him in the past does nothing.

BB has time stop, but I don't know if it works on Gilgamesh. This version of Gil has some serious hax resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back