• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heroes are forever--Link vs Gilgamesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALRF said:
> @ALRF I MESSAGED YOUR WALL AND YOU NEVER GOT BACK TO ME MAN... I WANTED MASADAVERSE WISDOM Q.QWait what

check your message wall..

EDIT: I stand by what I say though. EA will end the fight and SNI if anything above all else imo will just be a bigger "PUSH THE ******* BUTTON" and pooof.

I love how you wrote "Speed equalized." twice just to make sure it's equalized. I want a Fate work that introduces some new op weapons or ability that Gilgamesh has so we can stop using Ea in every possible thread.

The sickle warps space or something like that. Gil has to use it manually, though.

The real cal howard said:
It would really suck if Link absorbed Ea's blast tho...

Again... if that was something that would happen (which I don't have enough knowledge on Link to know if it would) Gil. Would. Know.

EDIT: I'm sorry by what means would he try and absorb blast from EA?

You have Extra CCC Gilgamesh, with SNI and Ea unrestricted. It's hard for Gilgamesh not to go for the kill with Ea immediately. He would know what works and what doesn't work on Link and use what works.

I'm asking because if it doesn't work on Link, and Link absorbs it via his shield which did that before, then it's only a matter of time.

I'm asking because if it doesn't work on Link, and Link absorbs it via his shield which did that before, then it's only a matter of time.

Enuma Elish is a space-time dislocation that tells those without a concept of death to go f*ck themselves.. in a sense.

So unless he's absorbed something like that before, I'm siding with Gil. Also Cal I get that I may be overhyping SNI a bit but it's not something that can be downplayed. It's more than simply precog as we've said. Gil in an instant know's the do's and dont's.If he has a way to take Link out, he'll do it. He'll know what Link does and act accordingly. Always a few steps ahead.

The moment Link tanks it is the moment he dies, someone count the votes?

Gil: 5 (Ramses, Gar, Aizen, Redgrave, Galaxian)

4 Gil 0 Link

Honestly not sure if Aizen changed his vote, but he's counted for Gil right now.

edit: I can't read. Never mind.

Despite the link in the vote, I'm serious.

Time Paradox legit made me uncertain/leaning more on Link, but if Gil indeed nopes that, I'd think EA might actually put Link down before things get too out of control for the King of Heroes. Granted, the Gil in this match isn't as dumb as his SN incarnation by a longshot so he doesn't job because of arrogance.

To be fair, if it can be proven that Link's shield can deal with EA, I might switch my vote. Sure, Gilgamesh could see it coming via SNI, but then what? If it neggs his EA, don't see that many weapons getting through the other defenses and hax Link may have before he puts him down with his own tools.

This is why we don't randomly wait mid thread to count votes.

Anyway, 5 for Gil right now.

It depends on if Ea only does it's effect only when it touches people. Like, would it destroy a wall or conceptually erase a wall. If it's the former, it gets absorbed or reflected, as its energy 5-A with 5-A force that has the hax to kill 4-Bs.

It's the Latter.

Also, it ignores conventional durability by showing the concept of it's creation.

Is his Reality Warping and Concept Manip that good?

'cause if it is he wouldn't even need to neg EA, he would probably just wish the Gate of Babylon didn't even open or something. Don't think Gil has a counter to this kind of RW.

Though again, Triforce? With the 3 minute of prep, he could just wish Ea didn't work, or worse.
Implying Link would even know what In the actual hell EA is... he has prep time he doesn't have access to the site to go through Gil's profile.

I'm incredibly skeptical about him wishing Ea away, plus he still has to plan to counter SNI which won't work.

To be fair, if his RW/Concept Manip is on that level he doesn't need to be specific. He might just go "I wish SNI does not work", nullifying at least that advantage, which is the one he has knowledge of, going from the OP. That's why I said Gil has no counter to such a manner of RW.

EDIT: In light of these recent arguments, I'm retracting my vote altogether until this matter is settled.

@Aizen. Informational analysis through Fi, who's job and purpose from the gods is to read the opponent like a book.

Does he have knowledge of SNI? I thought what the OP meant Was he has prep time so he could be on a more even playing field.

How far through the book will he get before Gil fires off EA

Also can Link wish Ea away before he sees it coming? Because Gil will fly out of range and charge Ea where Link can't even see him.

I retracted my vote for the moment because I'm uncertain on the limits of Link's reality warping/conceptual manip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back