• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heroes are forever--Link vs Gilgamesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
GalaxianAegis said:
He should be resistant to all of BB's hax at this point tbh.
Eh, that's a huge overestimation. No one resists all of the hax of the opponent. Link doesn't resist everything of Ganondorf, Royal Knights don't resist everything of the Demon Lords, etc.

Also, I think Reppu said something about independent manifestation doesn't translate to time paradoxical stop.

It has to do with the fact that he surpasses BB's Authority. The other Extra CCC Servants do it through unlocking their Origins with Mystic Formal Wear and thus BB can't use most of her potent skills at that point because they are on the same or higher level of Authority.

My statement is a bit NLFy, I'll admit, but my point was that he would have a resistance to most of her skills.

Kiara with rank E (the lowest possible rank) has Time Paradox Immunity. Tiamat with Rank B is present across space-time. Merlin with rank A transcends death itself and his death cannot occur.

Independent Manifestation prevents instantaneous imposition of death and attacks by time manipulation, which translates into Time Paradox Immunity. Reppuzan himself wrote "Time Paradox Immunity" on Kiara's page, so I don't know.

Gil with SNI will see the future saying "do it"

Then he'll tell EA to exterminate and link and link will be there like "FUUUUUUUUU~" fizzles out of existence

Best offence is a good defence. And time stop should translate to time manipulation. He may stop time around Gil but Gil himself likely won't be affected.

Time manipulation has many different applications. It's why Link has both resistance and the ability to move in stopped time, because one doesn't translate to the other.

Also Link doesn't...speak.

How does SNI counter invisibility again? I'm asking Gar on the one because he brought it up.

Also, well...Triforce wish.

Not saying Gil will lose (obviously. Look at the vote count), but SNI isn't 10/10 which is what people are claiming.

>Even Kiara with rank E Independent Manifestation has immunity to Time Paradox.

Is it true that Kiara has immunity to Time Paradox via Independent Manifestation? It isn't stated like that in her profile , just Time Paradox Immunity.

Quoting Reppu from Yukari vs Gil here.

@FateAlbane

I'm actually not sure on this one.

It's true that Gil isn't the original Gil from Babylon. He is an extremely well-done copy of his soul, body, and abilities created by the Holy Grail. In addition, Servants are stated to have "transcended time and space" to arrive on the battlefield of the Holy Grail War.

That said, not all Servants are immune to time paradoxes since Beast-class Servants have an ability that explicitly prevents them. In addition, when Solomon sacrificed his existence on the Throne of Heroes, Goetia, his creation that was transcribed into a legend and manifested as a Beast-class Servant, was crippled.

All in all, it's a maybe yes, maybe no. But how likely is Yukari to go to the past to kill her foes?

Fate for reasons above, since I'm adressed even in threads I'm not involved with.

Or maybe Cal loves me so much, he can't stop thinking about me even while voting.

Aww.

>@FateAlbane

>>@FateAlbane

I don't want to be rude or something but... are you drunk?

The real cal howard said:

@FateAlbane

I'm actually not sure on this one.

It's true that Gil isn't the original Gil from Babylon. He is an extremely well-done copy of his soul, body, and abilities created by the Holy Grail. In addition, Servants are stated to have "transcended time and space" to arrive on the battlefield of the Holy Grail War.

That said, not all Servants are immune to time paradoxes since Beast-class Servants have an ability that explicitly prevents them. In addition, when Solomon sacrificed his existence on the Throne of Heroes, Goetia, his creation that was transcribed into a legend and manifested as a Beast-class Servant, was crippled.

All in all, it's a maybe yes, maybe no. But how likely is Yukari to go to the past to kill her foes?
Yes not all servants. But Gil has independent manifestation so he falls under the category of those that are immune.

@ALRF

IIRC that skill is why they're immune to it.

Swag can explain it better though

EDIT: @Cal

SNI is not only precog but Gil simply "knows" what he has to do to win. So in a sense if there's a future he does win and hasn't fallen victim to PIS or CIS then he should win most times.

The real cal howard said:
@FateAlbane
/\/\/\/\/\/\

See, this is Love.

I'm here now, Cal. You don't need to feel like I left you behind anymore.

Stop making excuses, why would you quote the unnecessary @FateAlbane, then?

0000Hibachi
*The face when you know either you're Acausal/TP immune or you're not but don't care because you just want to mess with someone.*

I don't know what's worse.

Me thinking of the love between Fate and Cal

or the fact that Cal is ignoring the fact that he mistook me for Fate.

Currently, Independent Manifestation is the only skill granting characters immunity to Time Paradox and granting them other things as the rank increases.

Independent Manifestation is usually reserved for Beast Class characters and possibly characters who are to become Grand Servants. Gilgamesh, for now, only has that skill in Extra and Extella.

Heroic Spirits in their true form transcend time and space, but we haven't encountered one yet.

@Alf I'm just messing with you and Cal.

That reply is from another Gil thread regarding this exact same matter, he was quoting a reply Reppu made adressing me, it's just that he quoted the part where Reppu said "@FateAlbane" as well. ^_^ Sorry about the quick derail.

What your saying is true form Gilgamesh is the true god of nasuverse KREYGASM

seriously though time paradox immunity should be added to his profile.

Ok, seriously now people: I specifically questioned the TP immunity for Gilgamesh and servants in general in the CRT for servants when the Yukari vs Gil was happening and it was ultimately agreed that he or most other servants out there would be affected by a time paradox, yes.

Yeah, it will be added once Extella revisions are over.

I'd love to see Gilgamesh in his true form. I hope he has every skill in Nasuverse, just for fun. He should be superior to every other Heroic Spirit, including Merlin who cannot die.

@Fate

That only applies to regular servants, but Gilgamesh in Extra is hardly a regular servant. I think Kami said that this indeed states Gilgamesh has Independent Manifestation.

Gilg

FateAlbane said:
@SwagPack Oh, TP immunity will be added to his profile because of Extella?

If that's true, then nevermind what I just said. Carry on.
M8 you are something else you know that...... keep doing you man cuz it's great xD

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
Yeah, it will be added once Extella revisions are over.

I'd love to see Gilgamesh in his true form. I hope he has every skill in Nasuverse, just for fun. He should be superior to every other Heroic Spirit, including Merlin who cannot die.

@Fate

That only applies to regular servants, but Gilgamesh in Extra is hardly a regular servant. I think Kami said that this indeed states Gilgamesh has Independent Manifestation.
I mean he is THE original so if his true form doesn't just blow our minds I'll be sad.

Like I want Nasu to take a good long look at Reinhard and be like.... "my Goldie's better" UNLIMITED POWA

EDIT: IT means we love you Cal

We love you too ALRF

I looked through his profile and Link actually has a pretty good arsenal. If I didn't think Gil would Use EA off the bat I may actually vote Link.

Also @ALRF I MESSAGED YOUR WALL AND YOU NEVER GOT BACK TO ME MAN... I WANTED MASADAVERSE WISDOM Q.Q

> @ALRF I MESSAGED YOUR WALL AND YOU NEVER GOT BACK TO ME MAN... I WANTED MASADAVERSE WISDOM Q.Q

Wait what

Reality Warping, cloning, conceptual manipulation over power, wisdom, and courage, invisibility, intangibility, invulnerability, a bee that scales to him for some reason, time atop, informational analysis in Fi, dimensional BFR, can make half of all attacks miss, attack reflection, and himself summoning.

SNI shows Gilgamesh all possible futures and basically shows him what not to do.

"Oh if I stay here Link will just skewer me, better get on Vimana"

"If I fly this way I can dodge those arrows."

Link being invisible doesn't counter SNI.

Here's the thing with link though. Nothing ranged is gonna touch Gil and he requires magic energy to do stuff.. Gil has a weapon that drains magical energy from other beings, and unlike Gil I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) Link can use more than one or two powers/objects/weapons at a time

Link has infinite magical energy. I mean that literally. Also, Link can switch in a literal instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back