• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heroes are forever--Link vs Gilgamesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so let me get things into perspective: How can Gil deal with the whole Reality Warping/Wishing (or at least have more chances against it than the contrary)?

Because as far as I've seen from the discussion his best bet is EA while Link has RW/Conceptual hax.

SI gets most likely countered by the prep time to a degree so it seems to come down to which one has more chances between these two powers.

FateAlbane said:
Ok, so let me get things into perspective: How can Gil deal with the whole Reality Warping/Wishing (or at least have more chances against it than the contrary)?
If Link wishes EA away this becomes a huge mismatch. Since nothing else in his treasury can even harm Link given the huge discrepancy in AP/Dura so it boils down to how long it takes Link to "take a hint" pretty much

FateAlbane said:

Because as far as I've seen from the discussion his best bet is EA while Link has RW/Conceptual hax.

SI gets most likely countered by the prep time to a degree so it seems to come down to which one has more chances between these two powers.
How does it get countered AT ALL by the prep time?

Link has to get knowledge on Ea in 3 minutes. I assume he would first start analysing GoB. How long would it take for him to analyse every weapon in GoB?

I never said Link wishes EA away, though I can see him somehow shutting down down SNI with said RW to the point where Gil doesn't know all that's coming either.

Then, we get a kind of war of attrition which depends on who gets the finishing move on the other properly. I don't think Link has any anti-EA weapons but I don't think Gil can deal with a powerful enough Reality Warping backed up by the Triforce either.

That's why I'm asking about the particular limits of either side.

@SwagPack The prep is to be used against SNI, that's what I'm assuming will be get dealt with the wishes. Then Gil won't know from the get go what is coming at him.

Then it comes down to RW vs EA as best options for both sides since they both have powerful hax. I'm uncertain on who wins this because I'm uncertain on who exactly has the edge on this matter.

I think Gil would use Ea just to make sure. If his SNI isn't working he would conclude that his opponent is dangerous. He doesn't take risks anymore.

No matter what happens he'll instantly get on Vimana and fly to a safe zone where he uses Ea.

Deleting a divine ship from GoB?

Also teleporting onto a flying jet just gets him flicked off.

We're assuming Link will start with RW when we know Gil will start with EA no matter what happens.

I'd like to retract my vote for now btw.

That's a point. On the prep time aside, how likely is Link to use Reality Warping stuff early on the match as well?

nothing to exploit when Gil's first move is an unavoidable AOE nuke

I'm gonna call for inconclusive because this is essentially a western shootout but we don't know for sure if Link will pull out a water pistol or the 44 magnum first. So I'm not willing to go for or against Link at this time

Aizenishere said:
nothing to exploit when Gil's first move is an unavoidable AOE nuke
I'm gonna call for inconclusive because this is essentially a western shootout but we don't know for sure if Link will pull out a water pistol or the 44 magnum first. So I'm not willing to go for or against Link at this time
^^^ This. Basically I vote inconclusive too.

In fact, i'm not convinced for Inconclusive yet. I know how it is to pull EA and I have a fair enough idea of how fast and how likely this version of Gil is to use it based on his character.

That's why I'm combo breaking and wanting to get a general grasp on how exactly wishes work as well as the method of application, and to a degree, what were they used against by Link.

No need to make any huge explanations nor search for any proof, I'll take it at face value for fairness' sake - a short reply explaining applications would be fine.

From what I understand Enuma Elish would kill Link.

What are the chances of Link starting with Reality Warping? Also, doesn't Authority give characters some sort of reality warping? If it does, Gil should have some sort of resistance to it due to being unaffected by Authority.

Even if Link manages to somehow neutralize SNI, it would only make Gilgamesh more cautious which would result in instant Enuma Elish from him.

FateAlbane said:
That's why I'm combo breaking and wanting to get a general grasp on how exactly wishes work as well as the method of application, and to a degree, what were they used against by Link.

No need to make any huge explanations nor search for any proof, I'll take it at face value for fairness' sake - a short reply explaining applications would be fine.
/\ This point still stands. As it currently is all I know about wishes is that "It's reality warping."

I can't gauge it at all based on that alone.

The Triforce restores dimensions, corrupts them, resurrects the dead, restores existence, creates floods, recreates other Triforces, kills immortals, etc.

Ok. So it has a gigantic AOE and is used offensively as well.

1. How often has Link pulled it early in a battle when he had it?

and

2. If Link just needs to make contact to activate it, is in possession of it from the start, has three minutes of prep and is likely to use it from the start, what can Gil do to avoid just being Reality Warped over and over?

...Depending on the answers to these two, I'll vote.

1. Wouldn't Link pull it immediately with prep? How much does he know here?

2. Get on Vimana and fly out.

Of course, if Link can really just Reality warp everything Gil has out of hand immediately, then this is a mismatch.

/\ That's kinda why I'm asking. If the thing restores dimensions/worlds, flying on Vimana won't matter much because he will still be in the AOE. And if it kills immortals, it can probably be used offensively.

If Link is that likely to pull it from the get go and Gil has no proper resistance, I vote Link. If Gil resists or negs it in some manner, then I vote Gil on the basis that he'll last long enough to pull his own trump card EA.

The real cal howard said:
The Triforce restores dimensions, corrupts them, resurrects the dead, restores existence, creates floods, recreates other Triforces, kills immortals, etc.
/\ It needs one pretty big AOE to restore or corrupt whole dimensions.

/\ It needs one pretty big AOE to restore or corrupt whole dimensions.

It has the potential for enormous AOE doesn't mean every time it's used = large AOE thats all I was pointing out

Okay, since I'm unsure whether BB has reality warping due to Moon Cell or Authority, I asked Repp about it. If her reality warping comes from Authority, it would probably mean Gilgamesh can resist it due to Authority not affecting him after receiving Power of the Beginning.

Since i'm too lazy to list why i think Link wins, i'm just gonna go with Link for reasons below...ovo

ALRF said:
Since i'm too lazy to list why i think Link wins, i'm just gonna go with Link for reasons below...ovo
Let your fingers recover then explain. Because if EA is rendered Null then this is a pretty bad mismatch

EDIT: I'm actually starting to believe it is a mismatch regardless.

If triforce>EA Then Gil's ****** because the rest of his arsenal won't do squat due to the ap/dura difference and Link will really just have to punch gil to death.

He doesn't even have to use the triforce to kill Gil. He can use it to destroy EA and Gil's equally as rekt

In a serious note, Isn't this a hax win(stomp?) for Link?

Really Gilgamesh doesn't have anything against hax like these (Existence Erasure, Reality Warping which would really help against SNI) also Link has Four Swords which not only duplicate himself, but has ranged attacks allowing him to counter Gilgy own ranged attacks or just use Harp of Ages, Cane of Byrna is very useful,His Information analysis is gonna let him know of Gilgy and can teleport to escape Gilgy attacks, Bow with Ancient Arrows is gonna be the great hit towards Gilgy and his doom.

The Triforce is just an icing on the cake. ovo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back