• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Help needed to find evidence against a tiresome sockpuppet user

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be a friend of Mikoto, i'll talk to her and see if i can convience her to cease with this. Enough is enough.

@Reppuzan are you sure that's Mikoto? Not that I'd put it above her but the speaking style does not resemble hers at all. Plus while I do not at all agree with Mik's actions or am trying to defend her, she's never seemed to particularly dislike me. Unless something has changed recently.

In my opinion that seems more likely to be Foodiefight, who as well all know, is a notorious sock puppeteer and impersonator of other users. Along with having poor grammar.

So, should I send an official report to the VSTF, or should we gather more evidence first? I would like everyone here to list all the actions that Mikoto committed that could be used as evidence. The more evidence, the better.

Also, like Ryu said, that account is likely a sock of Foodiefight, which may/may not be a sockpuppet of Mikoto.

Mik has just responded to much of what is going on.

She's admitted to the constant sock puppets, the suicide joke (which she had lied to SD and others previously about not doing), and apologized for her actions.

She also claims she'll be leaving us alone.

However she has said this other times in the past. I'm not quite sure how to go about this. Could other staff please give input?

http://pt-br.saintseiya.wikia.com/wiki/Conversa:122465#13

Yeah. This makes me certain that the impersonator was Foodie. He should be the one we give to the Wiki Staff.

Wait

Foodiefight has said he will hack our wiki?

And the FBI are after Mikoto? Are you fÔùÿÔùÿÔùÿÔùÿng kidding me?

• HIT IT is confused

I am fairly sure Mik was just exaggerating as a joke and isn't literally getting tracked by the FBI. She was just comparing the investigations on her to the FBI.

So uh, here is a list of the reasons to believe some of her sockpuppets are well, sockpuppets:

User:VenomRoy: Making a ripoff of our wiki (In SPANISH, a language that Mikoto speaks fluently), heavily associating with Fire Emblem, quite literally joking about how the admin who banned Mikoto originally was a sockpuppet of Mikoto

User:Railgun fa: She actually admitted it in chat

User:Alana Fey: Conducting herself in the same way, looking at Fire Emblem stuff like Mikoto did, using similar styles of grammar (generally good with some misspellings) etc, can't really give full information

User:Mario23429: She actually admitted it

Can't give any more information on the other sockpuppets tbth

Thing is

If Mikoto really is a Foodie sock/Foodie is a Mikoto sock

Mikoto would have to be flicking between two accounts constantly, using both to continually edit multiple wikis, as well as flick between two completely different modes of grammar at the casual drop of a pin, without showing any signs of the two accounts being exactly the same user

This is some Sayo Yasuda BS right here

I don't think Foodie is a sock. That is, unless Mikoto is actually a huge Judge Dredd fan and didn't show it on any of her other accounts.

Foodie and Mk seem really friendly with the each other. And it's rather odd she wrote a comment in his exact style of writing.

Not saying they're the same. But all of this is pretty weird.

Yeah it seems odd that foodle so happens to show up on Misato's Message Board at this time.

Foodie is weird, if check some of his early edits his grammar wasn't as bad.

But I don't think they're the same though, or else Foodie would have at least used better grammar when he tried to impersonate the founder.

You guys don't have to worry much about Foodie hacking the Wiki, because if he DOES do it, it's a crime punishable by law, and that by itself should stop him.

No offense, but assuming that Foodiefight and Misaka are the same person is just reaching conspiracy theory levels of laughable.

Good work on getting evidence, however.

Xanix said:
You guys don't have to worry much about Foodie hacking the Wiki, because if he DOES do it, it's a crime punishable by law, and that by itself should stop him.
You're implying that Foodie even has the technical knowledge to perform a cyber-attack on this wiki

Unless maybe he's planning to use smth like the Low Orbit Ion Cannon to do it, which is extremely doubtful

HIT IT said:
You're implying that Foodie even has the technical knowledge to perform a cyber-attack on this wiki

Unless maybe he's planning to use smth like the Low Orbit Ion Cannon to do it, which is extremely doubtful
No, I'm just thinking of the worst case scenario.

I'm not saying Mik and Foodie are the same person as I clearly state earlier above.

I am just saying it is rather weird regarding how friendly these two seem and that despite them having two entirely different sytles of writing, that now apparently Mik is writing stuff in Foodie's style. Along with with both being heavily involved in sock puppeterring.

Not making conclusions, rather pointing out perculiar observations.

It may not be as crazy as you think. (The them being connected part, not necessarily the same person part) I remember discussing with Ryu (Or someone else) that Foodie might be connected with Mikoto from the first thing Foodie did when she got here she commented a bit on Mikoto's wall, despite having been banned far too long for Foodie to know that she even existed.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Mikoto_Misaka231

The grammar and behavior observations are also rather... strange, and shouldn't be ignored

I have a question, If the staff Ip bans her would they know if she uses an Vpn or similar ways to circumvent the block? I noticed that the staff is able to see if a user made an account using the browser Tor. So I wonder if it works the other way too.

Like I said, Mikoto had already been banned far earlier than Foodie's arrival, additionally, why would Foodie want to talk to someone who would be blocked?

Unless we were discussing about another sock around that time, but from what I see, the sock closest to that time was Maria, who was discussed a month prior to that so even that doesn't make sense.

SomebodyData said:
Like I said, Mikoto had already been banned far earlier than Foodie's arrival, additionally, why would Foodie want to talk to someone who would be blocked?
Unless we were discussing about another sock around that time, but from what I see, the sock closest to that time was Maria, who was discussed a month prior to that so even that doesn't make sense.
How about the gladiator battles thing? i doubt she would be switching accounts to Foodie and back. She is a different person, and they are just friends from what I see.

@Fan I already stated that it's very likely that they're connected not that they're the same person, don't misinterpret what I'm saying please.

SomebodyData said:
@Fan I already stated that it's very likely that they're connected not that they're the same person, don't misinterpret what I'm saying please.
okay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back