• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Help needed to find evidence against a tiresome sockpuppet user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
The user https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Mikoto_Misaka231 keeps creating sockpuppet accounts. For example:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:VenomRoy

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Maria_Lucero

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Mario23429

She has also stated that she has no intention to stop doing so:

http://pt-br.saintseiya.wikia.com/wiki/Conversa:122465

Some of our staff members, particularly LordAizenSama and CrossverseCrisis, are starting to become very annoyed from constantly having to deal with her, so I would like to request help from the community to assemble as much evidence of sockpuppet accounts, and trolling, as you can find.

Then I can place a request to Wikia's staff that all of her IP addresses are banned permanently from our Wiki, and possibly Wikia itself.

Well, I think that if she does get reported to Wikia, we should also mention that she was an administrator on a website which plagarized our own, and has made another plagarized wiki herself. You misspelled "Maria Lucero" as "Mario Lucero" btw

Well, she seems to be a fan of FE, all of her sockpuppets go on FE threads so that's one simple thing

One of her sockpuppets, User:Railgun fa was created entirely to harrass Aizen, and she actually ADMITTED it was a sockpuppet account

In fact, she actually admitted that she had made tons of sockpuppets in that thread you linked

These are all just general things, about the specific sockpuppets I'm not sure since I don't have much experience with her antics

Okay. Do you have a link, or name of the wiki?

Even if you ip ban i doubt someone so persistent would stop at that,since you can always bypass IP ban with different dns & proxy

^ Thats been around since before she became active here I believe, it's ran by J.J chambers and seems to be harmless.

To gather more attention for this, I decide to put this thread in the topic of Site Rules since I can see how this is very serious.

Yes. Chambers has asked for permission, and gives front page credit.

Mario admitted that she was a Mikoto sockpuppet in chat

So we've got 2 which she actually STATED were sockpuppets, and many more that she heavily, heavily implied were sockpuppets

I think it's doubtful that Wikia will be so skeptical that they would require an extremely large amount of evidence

My big question is the factor of Tor and other proxies, but those can tend to be hard to use and clunky for general browsing

Xanix said:
What about the Luigi fan acc?
LuigiFan was a person who about exactly a year ago wanked Episode 12 really badly and downplayed Saint Seiya, he is different from Mikoto

Yeah and she stated that she wants us to report her and she seems to not care at all as she wants to negatively effect Aizen as much as she can for banning her. I doubt we need more evidenc than her own confession.

Despite the name, the spelling seems too poor to fit. It may have been some other banned user.

I honestly believe since this is a hot topic, there will be people impersonating Mikoto. Still, we should ban them all.

Edit: And I just got to say how ridiculous this has been.

@KuuIchigo Yes, some people are extremely persistent in their quests to be massive nuisances.

Yes. Of course. I have just seen it several times before.

Mikoto is getting ridiculous. Like serious it is not that serious. Plus she loves playing the victim.

Okay, but this thread was strictly supposed to be about gathering matter-of-fact evidence. Listing more sockpuppets would not hurt in this regard.

Okay. Thanks. I will send a message to Wikia's staff.

I have sent them a polite message. I cannot make any promises that they are going to agree though.

Should we think of ways to permanently get rid of him or her? Because I have one, but it's very unorthodox to say the least.

Well, I obviously won't agree to anything illegal. Asking Wikia seems like our best bet.

Certainly. As highly troublesome as this situation is, it does not at all necessitate or justify breaking the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back