• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hellsing: Schrodinger revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alucard is stated to have turned into imaginary numbers.

Edit: Actually I think this is Type 2 not type 1 since in terms of binary imaginary numbers are a -1 which fits in line with the description of type 2's existence.
Makes no sense, what you said. Imaginary numbers are nowhere beside nonexistent physiology.
Also, even we follow your logic which makes no sense, your math is not mathing. Read NEP 2 if you don't mind

Considering none of the actual members of Millennium who are worth anything in the long run are never even shown drinking blood I'd say yes
No notable vampire in the series is shown drinking blood aside from Alucard and Seras, both skilled vampires.
They're vampires, they live on blood. The priest drained multiple people and still only had one life. If every vampire gained a new life every time they drank a new person you'd think someone else other than Alucard might have a large stockpile, or any stockpile. And yet no other vampire is ever shown to have multiple lives. It's very questionable claiming that absorbing blood means absorbing it the same way as Alucard when only he has gained extra lives from it.
And yet none of your argument is founded upon any anti feats, rather your basing them on whataboutism's and
Every other vampire dies once and stays dead, proof they don't have more than one life. That is an anti-feat that contradicts them all absorbing extra lives.
First of all I don't dislike you, I have no reason to dislike a literal stranger I've hardly interacted with before. Now stop letting your emotions clout your judgment and get back to the topic.
You may have noticed I'm calm this time. Last time I was stressed after months of dealing with that thread and all the crap that came with it. This time I was just stating what's obviously true. You can't claim you were ever civil with me when you were always rude and aggressive, and you did come in at the end after that damned thread had gone on for months and now you've essentially continued it... You're well within your right to make a thread, but a few months to recover from the last one would have been nice...
I am not using any headcanon for saying only Alucard was effected whenever the Major outright states it.
This is the problem, you've asserted that erasing the blood erases the souls in the blood, and yet the souls in the blood weren't erased. We can't say souls in blood are erased but only Alucard's, nor can we say that because the major never specifies the other souls as well that means erasing the blood only erases Alucard and not all the other souls in the same blood.
1: No, it's literally contained within the blood hence why Alucard is able to absorb souls and minds upon drinking blood. The blood is where the soul and mind reside, this is stated and shown by Alucard accessing familiars.
That is one interpretation, indeed. He can certainly use blood to draw out the soul from the body. Still, other vampires can't seem to do it, the other souls in Alucard's erased blood weren't erased... This is a wacky situation.
3: Again the 3 millions souls is irrelevant as they were not targeted by the Major, Alucard was targeted directly as the Major literally bolds out.
The Major directly states Alucard was the one effected, not his soul stock. And FYI I never changed my argument, I've said the soul-stock was irrelevant from my first reply.
The problem is that you have been asserting that erasing the blood necessitates that the soul is also erased. By that rule, we can't really say that the blood of 3 million souls was erased but only Alucard was erased while the others weren't just because the major targeted Alucard and stated he would disappear.

"this is you literally ignoring arguments since I've already explained why regenerating from the Erasure of blood would be mid-godly. The blood statement doesn't have a lot of ways to be interpreted, it's pretty straightforward." (my keyboard erased the quotation, because it's ornery)"

Currency or coinage is not as straightforward as saying it contains it. It could, but it's not as clear-cut as it could be. As I said, currency doesn't necessarily contain the value it transfers. It can be used to transfer it via other powers at work, but doesn't automatically contain it.
your attitude has been enough and I'm tired of it already.
In fairness, you insulted me first calling me ignorant and saying I failed all the time. If you get to be aggressive as stated by Crabwhale who said you were being aggressive, then me being defensive and recognising that aggression shouldn't be seen as unreasonable.

And I wasn't gaslighting. When I said it was contrary, I meant that we can't say blood being erased also erases the souls and then say it can erase all the blood of millions while only erasing one of the millions of those souls, just because someone targeted them.
anyway I don't have the time nor the patience to be going back and forth with you. As I said I'll leave it up to the other to see who they agree with.
Imagine how I feel... This is right after I was heavily involved in that last thread... Couldn't we have waited a few months or something? Oh well.

Every other vampire dies once and stays dead, proof they don't have more than one life. That is an anti-feat that contradicts them all absorbing extra lives.
Because they aren't shown to be nearly as skilled as Alucard when it comes to vampire abilities, and no the Captain and co don't count as they're not vampires but wer-kin. That's not an anti-feat, nor does it contradict anything.

I've already said I'm done going back and forth with you, hold your horses and wait for others to decide with who they agree with.

Makes no sense, what you said. Imaginary numbers are nowhere beside nonexistent physiology.
Also, even we follow your logic which makes no sense, your math is not mathing. Read NEP 2 if you don't mind
"Makes no sense" without explaining why it doesn't make any sense. Imaginary numbers are numbers that don't exist, and in terms of binary they represent numbers below or equal to 0.

Typical Dread moment.

Aha, let me demonstrate how your math is genius. Mind explaining how you get into the conclusion being -1 = neither 0 and 1 lol?

If you really read NEP 2, you would see, you need to be neither 0 and 1, but 2.

Either way, I am still more confused, why would this even grant NEP 1 or NEP 3? Mind clarifying what are imaginary numbers in the verse because your OP lacks scans or even clarification.

Aha, let me demonstrate how your math is genius. Mind explaining how you get into the conclusion being -1 = neither 0 and 1 lol?
2: Idealistic Nonexistence: The character doesn't exist in a sense further beyond conventional nonexistence. In terms of binary, this would be something that is neither 1 nor 0, where 1 is existence and 0 is nonexistence. Characters of this type often have some low degree of Transduality due to their lack of binary existence. Characters of this type have to behave at least as nonexistent as those with Material Nonexistence, but might display even further showings such as preceding or opposing existence.

Maybe practice what you preach Dread since nowhere in the page does it say Type 2 NEP is a 2 in binary.

In regards to NEP, it could be argued his body ceased to be, but it doesn't seem to be combat applicable. Plus the imaginary numbers thing has a small issue... The major has a habit of making hyperbolic statements. His terrorist attack is a war, his shooting match with Integra is a war, Schrodinger is omnipresent, etc. He's a bit of a big-talker.

No way, brother thought -1 is NEP 2. I am done. I disagree fully for the whole NEP discussion. This should not be given.

The major has a habit of making hyperbolic statements. His terrorist attack is a war, his shooting match with Integra is a war, Schrodinger is omnipresent, etc. He's a bit of a big-talker.
By war he means "conflict." which all you've stated is.

Also don't think he's ever called Schrodinger omnipresent.

In regards to NEP, it could be argued his body ceased to be, but it doesn't seem to be combat applicable. Plus the imaginary numbers thing has a small issue... The major has a habit of making hyperbolic statements. His terrorist attack is a war, his shooting match with Integra is a war, Schrodinger is omnipresent, etc. He's a bit of a big-talker.
Imaginary numbers do not even grant NEP to begin with. AT maximum effort, abstract existence if there is any context.

No way, brother thought -1 is NEP 2. I am done. I disagree fully for the whole NEP discussion. This should not be given.
So basically you mean to tell me that you yourself have no idea on what type 2 is yet your acting like you do?

Dead. 💀

Imaginary numbers do not even grant NEP to begin with. AT maximum effort, abstract existence if there is any context.
Imaginary numbers do not exist, so yes it would grant NEP as you in turn wouldn't exist.

Again practice what you preach and drop that smug ass attitude child.

If the souls are there but his soul vanished, that would contradict the fact that his soul stock having Schrodinger in it is the reason he vanished. So it's contradictory. Schrodinger can't be among the soul stock and also attached to Alucard if the soul stock isn't also attached to Alucard.
It seems like you're misunderstanding my argument.

I'm not arguing against the fact Alucard's soul stock isn't innately tied to him, i believe it is. What i'm saying is that Schrodinger could've possibly only targeted Alucard's soul and nothing else, which is why there's still blood remaining after Alucard was "erased", with that blood being the remaining soul stock from Alucard. This interpretation would logically address this contradiction without stepping into the realms of absurdity.

Also Schrodinger being initially absorbed into Alucard's soul stock isn't an inherent counter to my claim as i explained above. He could've only target Alucard's soul and nothing else, which is why there's blood remaining after Alucard was "erased".

At the end of the day, the interpretation that his soul was erased requires us to assume his soul can't just have been disembodied, requires a leap of logic/faith to justify his soul being erased but his soul stock not being erased, and is even contradicted by some of his blood being left behind. And all based on a statement that is open to interpretation, which tells us blood is the currency or coinage of the soul. Anyone who thinks coins and currency contain the economic value they are used to transfer is mistaken. A 100 dollar bill transfers 100 dollars, but it contains wood pulp and ink, collectively worth about three cents, if that.
There isn't any proof that his soul was disembodied, there's proof that he was erased completely, those aren't valid comparisons.

It doesn't require a leap in logic at all, my argument falls perfectly within reason to what could've possibly happen in this situation, just like your claim.

Some of his blood being left behind isn't an innate contradiction, but rather could be evidence to my claim, I've already explained why above and you haven't countered it yet.

Yes the statement is open to interpretation, i never disagreed with this so i have no idea why you're bringing this up, both claims are interpretations of the same evidence, both claims require an around equal amount of assumptions. This is what we call equal interpretations. Which is why i believe a "possibly" rating is the most correct rating in this situation since both interpretations are equally valid in my personal and logical opinion.

The comparison between coinage and currency in relation to blood within Hellsing isn't valid because we're talking distinctly non-physical entities, and it's directly shown that absorbing the blood of someone absorbs their soul and consciousness, which is shown by Alucard and Seras. Stop making this comparison because it isn't applicable under this context.

A quick Google search is all thats needed amongst having ya know, common sense.
No way? I am asking if imaginary numbers in the verse are nonexistent and not in a damn wikipidia.

No really? You clown me there and think I am dumb person who does not know NEP, even tho I contribute in a lot of NEP CRTs to have knowledge.
Even tho you have 0 scans, whatsoever and other member said it is mostly hyperbolic. Calm down and stick to subject, you clowning me would lead nothing.

His statement that Schrodinger is everywhere and nowhere is verifiably false as accepted by the Wiki.
I believe that got removed for the fact that "everywhere and nowhere." doesn't necessarily mean omnipresence, especially in this context since it's more "I can be anywhere as long as I want." but yeah, omnipresence isn't a thing but then again it was removed for other reason other than "hyperbolic".

Now would you be willing to agree on a possibly? I don't think either one of us has the time for argue here.

If Imaginary numbers are innately neither 1 or 0, but rather -1 then we should assume it would be the same within Hellsing without further contradiction.

I don't see the reason why we should assume otherwise when that's what Imaginary numbers literally are.

c24.jpg

I'm not arguing against the fact Alucard's soul stock isn't innately tied to him, i believe it is. What i'm saying is that Schrodinger could've possibly only targeted Alucard's soul and nothing else, which is why there's still blood remaining after Alucard was "erased",
The issue is that Schrodinger isn't so much targeting Alucard in the Soul stock as he is getting mixed with all Alucard's other souls and causing the whole thing to vanish. The equation as stated by the major is literally Schrodinger plus soul stock inside Alucard equals it all vanishes at once, and this is demonstrated when Alucard returns by destroying the soul stock. If Alucard got erased but his soul stock didn't that would suggest it was only Alucard and Schrodinger who vanished, which has trouble blending with the fact that Schrodinger combining with the soul stock was what caused the vanish, and Alucard killing the soul stock was what allowed him and Schrodinger to return.
The comparison between coinage and currency in relation to blood within Hellsing isn't valid because we're talking distinctly non-physical entities, and it's directly shown that absorbing the blood of someone absorbs their soul and consciousness, which is shown by Alucard and Seras. Stop making this comparison because it isn't applicable under this context.
The reason it relates is because the blood is specifically referred to as coinage or currency. It's why I wonder if the soul is in the blood or if the blood just serves as a means to steal it. Granted it does resemble the myths about absorbing souls via cannibalism, and pretty much all religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, etc.)seeing cannibalism as not just evil but demonic, so maybe.

I changed my stance.... I disagree with NEP 3. First it's done via an ability or external source and it's not part from Alucards being... This instead is Void Manipulation
  • Conversion to Nonexistence: The user of this ability might be capable of turning targets to nothing. This can range from only turning the matter of the target to nothing to also turning things like its energy, mind, soul, space, time and/or concept to nothing. Note that most users of this ability have not the full range of the ability. Further note that one shouldn't list a character to have resistance against this ability in total, as that requires a character to have shown resistance against every imaginable ability which can erase a target.
Plus, OP hasn't even gave a single scan and just a description that links to nothing.

Disagree with Type 2 as well, trying to equate Math to NEP when NEP has nothing to do with math apart from the binary requirements which is the verse doesn't treat something as their equals in terms of binary then it doesn't matter. There's requirements of further nonexistence beyond conventional nonexistence which is not even shown here, doesn't even fulfill the Lower Degree of TD that the ability could give as imaginary numbers aren't close to duality themselves, neither live or dead is just immortality 5 and imaginary numbers in this context could only give some kind of AE, conceptual existence or smth.

If Imaginary numbers are innately neither 1 or 0, but rather -1 then we should assume it would be the same within Hellsing without further contradiction.

I don't see the reason why we should assume otherwise when that's what Imaginary numbers literally are.
This is not the point. You need to prove that in the verse setting, it is like this. Also, where is context? Scans?
Ya Tensura also has imaginary numbers, but it leads to nothing since no context whatsoever clarified the term.

So I am kindly asking for scans since the OP does not provide any. And if the only source is Wikipedia, then this is terrible support evidence. Equating math to NEP is only operating if the verse showed enough context for it.

Furthermore, judging from the description, it is not even NEP to begin with. This is void manipulation if the description is accurate or valid to begin with.

I changed my stance.... I disagree with NEP 3. First it's done via an ability and it's not part from Alucards being... This instead is Void Manipulation
It's not done via an ability, it's part of Alucard's being after absorbing Schrodinger first of all.
Plus, OP hasn't even gave a single scan and just a description that links to nothing.
I literally gave you the scan earlier.
Disagree with Type 2 as well, trying to equate Math to NEP when NEP has nothing to do with math apart from the binary requirements which is the verse doesn't treat something as their equals in terms of binary then it doesn't matter. There's requirements of further nonexistence beyond conventional nonexistence which is not even shown here, doesn't even fulfill the Lower Degree of TD that the ability could give as imaginary numbers aren't close to duality themselves, neither live or dead is just immortality 5 and imaginary numbers in this context could only give some kind of AE, conceptual existence or smth.
I'd be willing to accept some type of conceptual / abstract existence since iirc they even called him pure abstraction in the OVA.

Anyone saying the OP lacks scans obviously lacks eyesight since I've provided plenty of scans of the statements made.

It's not done via an ability, it's part of Alucard's being after absorbing Schrodinger first of all.
Why didn't you said this earlier then?
I literally gave you the scan earlier.
This was for Imaginary numbers related to type 2 suggestion and nothing related to the Type 3 with Schrodinger
I'd be willing to accept some type of conceptual / abstract existence since iirc they even called him pure abstraction in the OVA.
Yeah something like that.

If Alucard got erased but his soul stock didn't that would suggest it was only Alucard and Schrodinger who vanished, which has trouble blending with the fact that Schrodinger combining with the soul stock was what caused the vanish, and Alucard killing the soul stock was what allowed him and Schrodinger to return
Combining with his soul stock, which was the reason why he was erased =/= would've innately erased his soul stock alongside Alucard, especially when it's arguably implied he's only targeting Alucard himself. These actions don't necessarily follow each other.

How exactly would that be a contradiction against Schrodinger specifically targeting Alucard and not his soul stock? honestly that seems like more supporting evidence for our claim more than anything tbh.

The reason it relates is because the blood is specifically referred to as coinage or currency. It's why I wonder if the soul is in the blood or if the blood just serves as a means to steal it. Granted it does resemble the myths about absorbing souls via cannibalism, and pretty much all religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, etc.)seeing cannibalism as not just evil but demonic, so maybe.
This is why i'm saying we should assume a "possibly" rating, since we're arguing about interpretations which are both equally possible. We don't need to go multiple pages arguing the same points over and over again ad nauseam when it isn't needed, nor is it logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back