• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hax vs Tier 2/1/0 (lower dimensional hax vs higher dimensional physiology)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probably going to write a part 2 of this with most of the FAQ in the OP.
The thread has shown me that there were more questions regarding this than I thought and I think at this point getting everyone in the same boat regarding what exactly is even proposed is easier that way.

I just need to know. As I currently understand what the others are saying, if a character is 5-dimensional in the sense of having an Unknown attack potency, affecting him with hax wouldn't have any overtly higher potency whereas affecting a being that would be Low 1-C due to said dimensionality would be hax.

Is this true or false?

I just need to know. As I currently understand what the others are saying, if a character is 5-dimensional in the sense of having an Unknown attack potency, affecting him with hax wouldn't have any overtly higher potency whereas affecting a being that would be Low 1-C due to said dimensionality would be hax.

Is this true or false?
Affecting a 5D being with Unknown stats, would be no feat of smurf hax. It would only be a feat of a very small degree of 5D range/AoE.
Affecting a being that would be Low 1-C due to dimensionality, as in being a 5D object so large that its destruction via AP alone would qualify as a Tier 1 feat regardless of its durability, would be a feat of smurf hax for abilities like existence erasure or matter manipulation or poison etc.
It would not be a feat of smurf hax for abilities that inherently don't care for the size of the thing they affect, such as, for example, metaphysical mind attacks.

So mind-hax and soul-hax are no longer smurf depending on dimensionality but other hax are, right? (I can't think of any other non-size dependent hax of the top of my head)

I think he understood what I meant, that is a being that's infinitely long across 5 dimensions and thus Low 1-C.

So to my understanding, hax that affect physical structure would still be smurf hax as the hax affected physical aspect of higher dimensional structure/being. hax that are Metaphysical or Nonphysical like mind, soul will not be smurf hax anymore as we can't apply dimensionality to metaphysical thing. Is that right???

So what are the conclusions here, and what still needs to be done?

So to my understanding, hax that affect physical structure would still be smurf hax as the hax affected physical aspect of higher dimensional structure/being. hax that are Metaphysical or Nonphysical like mind, soul will not be smurf hax anymore as we can't apply dimensionality to metaphysical thing. Is that right???
But what we do with verse that apply dimmensionnality to these metaphysical thing?

It just stops being a baseline assumption. This thread isnt "Oh its just spatially higher, therefor it cant be hax", you have to proof that it being higher dimensional means that it has higher potency through that. 5D soulhax (And i mean 5D in spatial dimension only, higher infinity is still smurf) is not inherently smurf, that dosn't mean that it CAN'T be smurf. you will have to proof that.

So what are the conclusions here, and what still needs to be done?
Dt mentioned above that he will probably remake the thread with all common questions asked in this one answered in the OP directly. Most people who have understood the op properly have given their agreement already, but i think we currently don't have enough to just push this through and be done with it.

But what we do with verse that apply dimmensionnality to these metaphysical thing?
Well possibly like the whole 2-A Ap and range baseline thing, unless the verse specificcally detailed themself on dimensionality on metaphysical thing, then everything is just normal hax not smurf

Dt mentioned above that he will probably remake the thread with all common questions asked in this one answered in the OP directly. Most people who have understood the op properly have given their agreement already, but i think we currently don't have enough to just push this through and be done with it.
Okay. Thank you for the information.

@DontTalkDT

Please post a link to the new thread here when you are done.

Alright, if I am understanding it, for those who fulfill the requirements of higher tiering via higher planes of existence, then they would usually have all the higher dimensional stuff, which I think would also include things like the soul and mind. So in this scenario, I think if that lower dimensional beings had these powers and affected those in the higher plane of existence (and not the higher entity coming down to the lower plane in the sense of what DT said), that would be smurf.

In the sense that they fulfill the large requirement, metaphysical things (soul, mind) are not regarded as smurf powers, in this case is range, so in the case of what Regidian said "But what we do with verses that apply dimensionality to these metaphysical thing?"
Then I think it does exactly what First Witch said "It just stops being a baseline assumption." And that example of " 5D soulhax is not inherently smurf, that dosn't mean that it CAN'T be smurf. you will have to proof that." So maybe they could also be regarded as smurf powers and it must be proven, otherwise no.

Please clear up anything if I misunderstood it.

Alright, if I am understanding it, for those who fulfill the requirements of higher tiering via higher planes of existence, then they would usually have all the higher dimensional stuff, which I think would also include things like the soul and mind. So in this scenario, I think if that lower dimensional beings had these powers and affected those in the higher plane of existence (and not the higher entity coming down to the lower plane in the sense of what DT said), that would be smurf.
Higher Plane of Existence is just range feat, not potency/smurf feat. For example, you affect a person that live on 5d environment, and that person is just 3d, then you still have 3d hax, but have 5d range. If you affect 5d being with your hax then it is smurf as your hax is 5d. Soul and Mind is metaphysical thing which we can't apply physical dimensionality on it, so it is not smurf hax even if you affect the soul or mind of a 5d being (you just have better range); unless the verse specifically detailed that its soul and mind have dimensionality different. so everything is baseline for metaphysical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back