• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Higher-Dimensional Existence issue (Staff Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
It's sad that I had to make this thread especially since it's well known I can't stand Higher Dimensional Existence or Tier 1 stuff but this nonsense needs to get solved asap. It's been brought up in recent discussions that that simply embodying a timeline/universe space-time continuum doesn't give Higher-Dimensional Existence because for that you'd need 4-D space or above.

On the page itself it says...

"A given object or entity is referred to as being higher-dimensional when they exist as part of a system with a number of coordinates axes greater than our own, or in layman's terms, if they possess more than three dimensions.

Speaking in simple terms, a "dimension" can be considered an axis of movement and measurement, through which beings and objects can displace themselves throughout a given physical system. 1-dimensional beings would only be able to dislocate themselves to left and right across a single direction, while 2-dimensional beings would have an additional spatial axis inherent to them, and thus be able to move up and down as well. Finally, 3-dimensional beings like ourselves are able to displace themselves left and right and up and down, as well as forwards and backwards, encompassings parts of additional axes of space.

Following this same principle, a 4-dimensional being would be capable of moving through an additional, perpendicular direction incomprehensible to lower-dimensional beings, and this can be generalized unto any higher number of dimensions.
"

The issue arises when we in fact consider a space-time continuum (The entire past, present, and future of a 3 dimensional structure) a 4-D structure (because of the time axis) in the same level as 4-D space as per our Tiering System page which states...

"Characters or objects that are capable of significantly affecting,[1] creating, and/or destroying an area of space qualitatively larger than an infinitely-sized 3-dimensional space. Common fictional examples of spaces representing such sizes are space-time continuums (the entire past, present and future of 3-dimensional space) of a universal scale. However, it can be more generally fulfilled by any 4-dimensional space that is either:

A) Equivalent to a large extra dimensional space. That is, a higher-dimensional "bulk" space which embeds lower-dimensional ones (Such as our universe) as subsets of itself, whose dimensions are not microscopic / compactified.

B) Portrayed as completely transcending lower-dimensional objects and spaces in the setting of a given work of fiction.
"

This issue has led to several characters already having Higher Dimensional Existence for embodying space-time continuums (universes) on there pages. Some examples being Fusion Zamasu (Infinite Zamasu), Mechikabura, Chaos (Sailor Moon) and god knows who else.

It's obvious there is a misconception here and either embodying a timeline/space-time continuum doesn't count as it lacks a 4-D space (and only has 4-D time) and every character that has Higher Dimensional Existence because of this reasoning needs it removed or it does count. It's one or the other so can we please solve this issue to avoid further confusion please.

Being a space-time continuum wouldn't qualify (For LS I think), but having it be embedded as a small part of your body however, would, the LS thread had similar logic IIRC.

But I think it's best we ask the Tier 1 experts.

@Ultima_Reality @DontTalkDT @Executor_N0 @Planck69 @Theglassman12 @Emirp sumitpo @LephyrTheRevanchist @Moritzva @Duedate8898 @Elizhaa @DarkDragonMedeus @Celestial_Pegasus @Firestorm808 @Maverick_Zero_X @Everything12 @Qawsedf234 @Abstractions @Sir_Ovens @ByAsura @Starter_Pack @Agnaa Your opinion here would be appreciated.

I commented on the newly created Wang ling thread because in the past a similar thread: https://vsbattles.com/threads/wang-ling-hax-upgradation-continuation-short-asf.158180/ ,that I also participated along with other people, was shot down for the same reason I referenced aka that for HDE a universe only fulfills the spatial dimensions part of which it only has 3 and so it wouldn't count. If that's not the case then the page for this ability should be clarified to include temporal dimensions.

Also a universe isn't by default higher dimensional so having HDE for having a universe in you is somewhat strange but I will see what you all agree upon.

Last edited:
I think it's either a 4th spatial dimension or a 2nd temporal dimension. But Simply the traditional 3 spatial dimensions + linear time as the 4th dimension isn't enough was the rule.
This requirement is only for being a space-time continuum, and not for having one embedded as a small part of your body?

I see. BTW, my example also assumed that these characters also had Type 8 Large Size and above, and aren't just human-sized people containing Low 2-C timelines shrunk down to tennis-ball sizes (While still being actually the same on the inside as a Low 2-C construct) for convenience.

If someone had a universe embedded in their body I would be hesistant to assume they have an additional axis on that basis alone.
So, someone who is shown to be Type 8 Large Size, and is shown to have a space-time continuum in their body as a small part, would not have HDE?

In my view HDE is a rating tied explicitly to a higher geometric dimension based on the wording. Just being the universe wouldn't get you it unless you also demonstrate another axis of movement/existence.
I wasn't talking about being just a universe (Assuming it's already been confirmed to be a space-time continuum) specifically, I was talking about being Type 8 Large Sized, as well as containing the universe within you as a small part of your body, essentially, being bigger than said universe

If you indeed contain a low 2-C structure i.e. the entire past, present and future of a universe. That would warrant HDE, since you kind of need to have a volume equivalent to or larger than the low 2-C structure to contain it.
But just being as large as s universe without a further context, i.e. just the present of it, would not qualify.

In my opinion unless stated otherwise or shown otherwise a default "the universe reside within Xoxoxo" should be treated as 3-D, since Xoxoxo may not contain the entire 4D structure and may be just the moment.

If you indeed contain a low 2-C structure i.e. the entire past, present and future of a universe. That would warrant HDE, since you kind of need to have a volume equivalent to or larger than the low 2-C structure to contain it.
But just being as large as s universe without a further context, i.e. just the present of it, would not qualify.

In my opinion unless stated otherwise or shown otherwise a default "the universe reside within Xoxoxo" should be treated as 3-D, since Xoxoxo may not contain the entire 4D structure and may be just the moment.
Yeah we're talking about containing space-times or being space-times (Assuming the universe has already been confirmed to be one).

Okay, based on the last HDE revision, at least the size aspect of it.
Being the universe would not qualify for HDE.
Containing the entire space-time continuum would qualify.

So not all form of large size type 8 would qualify.

Also not to bring verses into this but only full sized 4D constructs would qualify for HDE, so taking over the universe past and future gradually would not qualify unless it was fully done.

Okay, based on the last HDE revision, at least the size aspect of it.
Being the universe would not qualify for HDE.
Containing the entire space-time continuum would qualify.

So not all form of large size type 8 would qualify.

Also not to bring verses into this but only full sized 4D constructs would qualify for HDE, so taking over the universe past and future gradually would not qualify unless it was fully done.
This makes sense to me. Thank you for helping out. 🙏

As far as I am concerned being 4D meets the criteria for HDE in any way that's met.
So if you are a timeline / spacetime continuum, so that you are past, present and future at once and all of space, then yeah, that's the lowest possible kind of HDE.
(Just being a universe, without time, of course doesn't qualify)

So I guess I'm in agreement with what was already said.

As far as I am concerned being 4D meets the criteria for HDE in any way that's met.
So if you are a timeline / spacetime continuum, so that you are past, present and future at once and all of space, then yeah, that's the lowest possible kind of HDE.

Thank you. We seem to have reached a conclusion here then. 🙏🙂

So what, if anything currently needs to be changed in our wiki rules/standards based on this thread then?

Fair enough, was just confused by conflicting statements and just going off personal interpretation.

Thank you. We seem to have reached a conclusion here then. 🙏🙂

So what, if anything currently needs to be changed in our wiki rules/standards based on this thread then?
Since there was a general confusion on if we accept a character embodying or being a timeline/space-time continuum (past, present, and future of a 3 dimensional structure) as Higher-Dimensional Existence. I think a small note should be added to the page, something like...

'''Note:''' Characters who embody or are a literal timeline / spacetime continuum (The entire past, present and future of 3-dimensional space) on a universal scale can also be considered for Higher-Dimensional Existence (4-D). However, simply being called a universe does not count without proper evidence of the entirety of the past, present and future of the timeline being mentioned.

This should clear up any issues and makes it clear you need more than just being a 3-dimensional universe to apply.

Since there was a general confusion on if we accept a character embodying or being a timeline/space-time continuum (past, present, and future of a 3 dimensional structure) as Higher-Dimensional Existence. I think a small note should be added to the page, something like...

'''Note:''' Characters who embody or are a literal timeline / spacetime continuum (The entire past, present and future of 3-dimensional space) on a universal scale can also be considered for Higher-Dimensional Existence (4-D). However, simply being called a universe does not count without proper evidence of the entirety of the past, present and future of the timeline being mentioned.

This should clear up any issues and makes it clear you need more than just being a 3-dimensional universe to apply.
TL; DR, unless the universe being part of the body is confirmed to be a space-time continuum in advance, or there are mentions of all of space-time or past, present and future or all of time (Alongside the space obviously), being part of them, yeah, no HDE. If it is tho, HDE through and through.

This seems fine to me at least.

@DarkDragonMedeus @PrinceofPein @Qawsedf234 @DontTalkDT @Planck69 @Deagonx

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back