• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Relationship between Beyond-Dimensional Existence and Dimensional Manipulation

Tanin_iver

He/Him
Beyond-Dimensional Existence on this wiki refers to the state of being of characters who exist outside, and are independent of, space and its dimensions.

Type 1: Characters whose nature is defined by lacking spatiotemporal features without necessarily being superior to any of them.
Type 2: Characters whose nature is defined by lacking spatiotemporal features and being superior to them in nature.
Dimensional Manipulation is the ability to manipulate the dimensions that aren't limited to just three-dimensional space. Its possible applications include being able to warp the dimensionality of a target to a higher or lower dimension, being capable of phasing someone in and out of existence by changing their positions in other dimensions, affecting a target by making it exist in more than one plane, among many other abilities.

Note that only dimensions in a mathematical sense are included, not manipulations of hierarchical spaces merely equivalent to such
Shouldn't characters or objects with BDE be resistant/immune to Dimensional Manipulation(as it is only limited to manipulating physical spatial dimensions) since both types lack any spatio-temporal features?

Under our current system, they'd resist some applications and not others (there's no reason why a character lacking dimensions would be unable to have some dimensions added to them.). So including it as a broad thing seems a bit weird.

The page already includes that they're often unaffected by space/time manip. Any change adding dimension manip to that list seems both harmless and pointless.

If someone argues "Well actually, this character can manipulate the co-ordinates of the other despite them existing beyond space because the BDE page doesn't say it gives immunity to dimensional manip", you're allowed to slap them with a cold fish.

If someone argues "Well actually, this character can manipulate the co-ordinates of the other despite them existing beyond space because the BDE page doesn't say it gives immunity to dimensional manip", you're allowed to slap them with a cold fish.
Lol
Under our current system, they'd resist some applications and not others (there's no reason why a character lacking dimensions would be unable to have some dimensions added to them.). So including it as a broad thing seems a bit weird.

The page already includes that they're often unaffected by space/time manip. Any change adding dimension manip to that list seems both harmless and pointless.
I see. So resistance to some applications of Dimensional Manip for BDE1 seems a plausible addition but kinda pointless?
But for BDE2 wouldn't the character be completely superior to dimensionality as a concept and not just lacking dimensions and hence be immune to dimensional manip?

I see. So resistance to some applications of Dimensional Manip for BDE1 seems a plausible addition but kinda pointless?
But for BDE2 wouldn't the character be completely superior to dimensionality as a concept and not just lacking dimensions and hence be immune to dimensional manip?
Maybe our current standards on higher-tier hax bypass that, idk

I don't know if we'd consider a 1-C character with BDE Type 2 to be immune to aleph-omega-dimensional dimension manip.

I don't know if we'd consider a 1-C character with BDE Type 2 to be immune to aleph-omega-dimensional dimension manip.
Ahh, I see, but didn't the current standards change so that BDE2 is auto Low 1-A at least, and higher smurf hax would probably be 1-A or even higher in that case, so I guess that could be argued to work. I was talking more so with the updated standards btw.

Ahh, I see, but didn't the current standards change so that BDE2 is auto Low 1-A at least, and higher smurf hax would probably be 1-A or even higher in that case, so I guess that could be argued to work. I was talking more so with the updated standards btw.
That hasn't really been applied yet. After it is, yeah that's how it'd work.

If your suggestion depends on the new standards, it'd have to wait until they're almost done.

Back