• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Trigun Higher Dimensional Downgrade

Scottycj256

He/Him
Very simple downgrade having to do with the references on the Plant Physiology page.

Most of the page is very well cited, using sources from both the original manga and Trigun Maximum, as well as the Lost Plant extra chapter. But all of the higher dimensional related stuff uses this screenshot. Which comes from THIS forum thread. The only reference for it is "Nightow's Blog Statement" which is NOWHERE to be seen on the CRT that upgraded the Plants to 5-D.

Unless there is an actual link for the scans on Nightow's official website that can be linked on the page itself (whether by the Wayback Machine or some other webpage parser), 5-D Higher Dimensional Manipulation needs to be removed from the Plant Physiology page.

I search some of the text, and the only reference I found outside of VSB threads was this website but I can't tell what it is exactly.

However, I think it's probably moot, our rules on WoG wouldn't allow it to be used for scaling regardless unless there was some indication of it in the verse, per the Editing Rules:

[Author] Statements that technically do not contradict anything shown in the series will still be rejected if there is no evidence that they are accurate.

"Nightow's Blog" seems to be this one. It's now closed due to the service ending, but from my research using the Way Back Machine, there was nothing about that. The statement seems to be true, the Japanese fanbase shared it as coming from that blog long before the thread was made, so it's likely not a case of false information, just unsourced.
The Wikis state it was on BBS so it might have been this, not the actual blog.
There's another "Trigun blog", but like the previous one, it was closed due to the host service end, so now only the Way Back Machine can be used to look at what was there.
The exact update on Wikipedia that added the mention of higher dimensions, the multiverse, and parallel timelines, happened on July 5, 2013. So anything before that will not be the "original source".

If anyone wants to look for some source for this, it's likely the only choice (I know I had to do a lot of digging to find some stuff as well).

"Nightow's Blog" seems to be this one. It's now closed due to the service ending, but from my research using the Way Back Machine, there was nothing about that. The statement seems to be true, the Japanese fanbase shared it as coming from that blog long before the thread was made, so it's likely not a case of false information, just unsourced.
The Wikis state it was on BBS so it might have been this, not the actual blog.
There's another "Trigun blog", but like the previous one, it was closed due to the host service end, so now only the Way Back Machine can be used to look at what was there.
The exact update on Wikipedia that added the mention of higher dimensions, the multiverse, and parallel timelines, happened on July 5, 2013. So anything before that will not be the "original source".

If anyone wants to look for some source for this, it's likely the only choice (I know I had to do a lot of digging to find some stuff as well).
I greatly appreciate you looking into this. Without speaking the language it was challenging to tell what I was looking at, even using MTL.

I would recommend tagging @LordGinSama since he was the one who gave me those scans in the first place, which I used to add the 5-D stuff to the Plant Physiology blog. He can probably provide more reasoning on its source and validity.

Ah I forgot Scotty's tag doesn't work. @LordGinSama

I'm open to hearing more, but we're going to need in-verse substantiation to continue using the WoG.
That'll be dealt with in a bit once me and Deceived make the CRT.

Currently Nightow's blogs are deleted but you can still find them on the wayback machine although it takes awhile to find them. Basically those are just just further clarifications given in the manga. I do have the statements saved somewhere, but as I said that'll be dealt with when the CRT is dropped which'll remove the Tier 1 stats + giving citation for everything.

Well, if we do not have the statement in question at hand, and even if we did if the statement is not substantiated by something in the verse, then it should be removed.

I'd rather that be handled by me and Deceived once we have it written out. The whole verse needs a rehual tbh, namely not even Vash and Knives's but rather the lower tier character such as Wolfwood, Legato, Livio, etc.

The whole verse is currently a mess to be frank but as I said I plan on revising everything. For now I could agree to a note stating not to use Trigun characters for vs matches and such for the time being. As it stands, even without that they'd still be 5-D via Knives's dimensional changes that are in the manga but 6-D would be removed instead.

Then I'm okay with the 6-D stuff being removed for the time being.

4-D & 5-D come from the manga, 6-D stems from the Nightow blog.

Yeah that's wrong because 6-D stems on Manga Plant evolution.

Basically Fused Knives's goes from 4-D to 5-D (6-D via the nightow statement.)

Within the manga it's Ark Knives's >> Dimensional superiority >>> Fused Knives's >>> 3-D / 4-D.

So yeah its still tier 1 from the manga but that only applies to hax and on an infinitely smaller scale.

Okay, you would need to provide potential replacement evidence in order for it not to be removed, and then we can evaluate that evidence.

Back