• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Has The Great ZZ's post been addressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nauru's powers should only extend to time travel. There was no in game evidence of time stop for Ambi/Veran/Nayru

@Cal

Is there in game evidence that she actually stopped the planet's rotation? Everything aligns perfectly for it being Time Manipulation. And I'm currently searching the HH.

And if you actually stopped the planet's rotation will everyone be functioning normally? xD Sun Song, again. Nobody notices a thing.

And I say to both "game logic".

But...that's my point. Because it's time manipulation (time travel most likely), no one can possibly notice. It's quite clear that EVERYBODY notices that the sun has stopped moving in the sky. It's even more apparent than Majora's moon.

Well, if everyone noticed it, then I concede. But again, doing it through Nayru's body seems to indicate that it is Time Manipulation. At least, to me, since I've not played that game.

After searching the Hyrule Historia, this is what it says:

"The land's flow of time does not function correctly without the Oracle of Ages in it."

"Everything became dark and a shadow of the Sorceress of Darkness named Veran appeared from Impa and jumped into and took over the body of Nayru. Nayru was the "Oracle of Ages" of Labrynna. Veran, who possessed the body of Nayru, disappeared."

"Due to the loss of Nayru, the Oracle of Ages, the land of Labrynna's flow of time was disrupted and phenomena began to occur randomly throughout the world. Veran used Nayru's ability to control time and returned to Labrynna's past and took over the giant tower of the then-Queen Ambi. Link was requested by the guardian Maku Tree to go out and search for the 8 lost "Essences of Time" with the "Harp of Ages."

source

There is information missing in the site, but again, based on everything, from the game's plot, the zelda wiki AND Hyrule Historia, the feat was done through Time Manipulation.

But...she does do that...by screwing with the past...to eff with the people of the past...to light the Flame of Sorrows. That's her ''secret desire''. She doesn't want to become some time god at all.

I'm not saying she wants to become a time god. My argument is that the eternal day was done by time manipulation, which again, absolutely everything supports, and would not relate to her attack potency.

What could she possibly stop if it were time manipulation though. You can't time stop the earth, or else nothing could grow, which is contradicted because a big part of the game is to allow a smart tree to grow.

In hindsight, I probably should've led with that...

EDIT. Because it can literally be nothing else. Assuming that she's resetting the day is stupid because people aren't being reset with it, not to mention that it would make no mathematical sense, or even fictional sense, if she did anything else

But there isn't a single mention of the planet rotation being stopped. And why reset the day? Just make it move forward, skipping night.

Because people wouldn't notice. They'd still experience the night, because in their eyes, night still happened. Just not in Nayru/Veran's.

Exactly. Which is why time travel would be impossible. And if it affected everyone, Ambi would be just as miserable as everyone else.

And we know it has to be related to time. Why would Veran need Nayru other than to get to the past (and sacrifice her)? Why is there so much emphasis in time itself?

The Planet Rotation goes better with "seasons".

Edit: Reminder, I've never played the game, that's why I'm genuinely asking.

Edit II: The manual does states that Ambi was once kind but changed.

Veran needed Nayru because Veran's a demon. At best. Ambi wouldn't trust a demon. Time is necessary because her plot involved time travel. Stopping the day doesn't necessarily have to do with time.

"The very same day in which Veran arrived, she seduced Queen Ambi, convincing her that if she built her tower, then known as Ambi's Tower, to the heavens, she would go down in history as the greatest queen ever. Falling for Veran's persuading lies, Ambi decreed every man in Lynna Village was to go to work and build her tower, with the secret help of the endless day Veran could create, using the powers of Nayru. Knowing her control over Queen Ambi, Veran had Ambi send those closest to her away, so that there was no chance of a power loss.

As Veran learnt of the Mystery Seeds which grew in the past, she used her influence to convince Ambi to offer a reward to the person who brought her the seeds. Ambi did so, and it wasn't long before Link himself brought the Mystery Seeds to Queen Ambi. This meeting would be the only one that she and Link would have, before Link's rescue of Nayru. Rewarding Link with Bombs, Queen Ambi almost immediately sent Link away again." - Zelda Wiki

I'm not sure what you're implying here. I see no mention of time manipulation for the endless day feat, and even then, you're not using a primary source. I could use the other Zelda Wiki and say that they have no mention of that.

She stated that she'd do it with her powers. That doesn't contradict anything. We know she's using her powers to do stuff like that. And doesn't contradict what I said about using Naryu to get closer to the queen.

BTW; "...with the secret help of the endless day Veran could create, using the powers of Nayru."

So yes, Zelda Wiki stated it was through time manipulation.

Edit: Both Zelda Wiki and Zeldapedia stated it.

From Hyrule Historia, to context and plot of the game, to the character in the game itself and even the game's manual. The feat was done through time manipulation. It doesn't relate to her attack potency.

It doesn't matter that evidence points towards it being time manipulation. Because there's a huge roadblock, as there wasn't a direct statement that officially associated the Endless Day with Naryu's time powers, or even implications, it isnt legit. The only way this feat can be done with time manipulation is with logic manipulation, as it's impossible for it to be done like that without assumptions. Time Stop prevents the Maku Tree from growing. Time Travel doesn't make the people miserable. Everyone being thrown forward in time is impractical and would make Ambi miserable.

"With my powers, the flow of time is yours to command. For you, I shall create a day that never ends." - Veran possesing Nayru

Time is in Ambi's hands, because she just befriended a time traveller. iirc, Ambi is seen at different periods of time. Not to mention that what I said above wasn't debunked.

It is debunked. You haven't provided a SINGLE scan. The evidence is there, clear as water. Your decision to accept it.

I repeat: From the context, plot, character and manual of the game; to Hyrule Historia; and even two whole wikis. The feat is time manipulation.

You're legitimately saying that "Possessed Nayru has time abilities! Therefore her feat has to do with time!" That isn't a debunk, and your scans don't allow it to be legit. If she fired lasers from her mouth, would you assume it's time manipulation? No. If she sent Link flying through a wall, would you assume it's time manipulation? No. Because this feat is tier 5, you're questioning if it's time manipulation, when if it was, it would create several logical fallacies that you and your "scans" haven't debunked.

The game itself told us ._. Is time manipulation because Veran herself told us it is. Is time manipulation because there isn't a single other mention of any other posibility in both the manual of the game and Hyrule Historia.

You're wanking a feat so hard that you're willing to ignore the most direct source there is: The game.

Call a staff member a wanker again and you get blocked.

Game also tells us that Kirby<Apples. Does that keep logic from saying lolnope?

Nayru send her through time later on though, so that point is moot. If Veran used timestop as Nayru, then I'd believe that. Veran said she'd create an endless day. In a sentence unrelated to the one before. She could've said "I will crush the opposition" and given a speech about tyrany instead of "I will create an endless day" and that mess and it still would've made the same sense. What doesn't make sense is for her to, as I said time stop, as Maku Tree is nonexistent in that scenario. Time Travel doesn't work or it contradicts the lack of sleep that is in the same sentence you so graciously linked. Time travelling everyone is not smart in the slightest and is a giant assumption, instead of doing what we do for every other rotation feat we've done yet

Well, I'm sorry if it offended you, but seriously, dude.

That analogy doesn't work because of, magic word! Context.

You're seriously asking a game from the gameboy to include realistic NPC reaction to a cutscene... I'm done for tonight.

That's the thing with this site. Science>all. Calcs>WoG. Logic>Statements. Heck. A bomb created a thing of stairs in a Nintendo game. And I legitimately have seen people saying that it didn't go off there.

The stair were not the reason. I've read that thread. Calcs>WoG you say? Then downgrade everyone in Star Wars. Oh, and Demise, too. Logic>Statements; there isn't any leap in logic, just NPC's in a game not reacting like you want them to.

Science>all? Then everyone in Zelda is wall level. You know, since Link's sword can't break a stone but apparently damages Planet Level beings.

I appologize in advanced, but don't be a hypocrite.

I wasn't talking specifically about that thread. And don't take what I said out of context. It's very clear what I meant (though I could've worded it better). Clearly WoG is a thing. WoG says Thor is MHS at best And said NPC's reactions are a huge part of the game, as it is what makes Ambi go from a loving ruler to a tyrant.

You want every single one of them to react to the sun never setting... That's YOUR counterargument to everything I've said. If you can't see the fault in that, then there's nothing else I can say. Feel free to give everyone in Zelda Moon Level, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back