• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Moon Drop

Dust_Collector

They/Them
Got reminded to do this after another CRT to scale some dudes from Hyrule Warriors to High 6-A was made, thought I'd do this now to coincide with that CRT so we can maybe upgrade these guys over the weekend. Long story short, Skull Kid has a well known feat of pulling the moon down to destroy the world. Currently accepted at Multi-Continent level under basic surface wiping assumptions, however this is discuss (And maybe get accepted) treating the moon in Majora's Mask as a, uh, moon and bumping those that scale to High 6-A higher.

So this calc right here works assuming actual moon size and mass, the blog has reasons for why it could be considered an actual moon but I'll list them off here as well:
Of course there's the argument of the in game size of the moon not being that much bigger than Clock Town, but this is also a N64 game that was given a max timeframe of 1 year to make so making a realistically sized moon with a short deadline and the limitations of hardware likely wasn't something super achievable for the dev team. Basically the argument is that they couldn't portray the full size due to hardware and time, but they included stuff in the game that seems to indicate that it's meant to be just like the actual moon (Besides the creepy face).

So that's about it, basically just discuss if it being an actual moon is legit and then seeing if the 100 Zettaton rating it'd give can be applied. For a rough outline of who scales to this, everyone in the verse that is currently High 6-A would be upgraded. The possessing host key for Majora scales to the full yield while everyone else scales to a fourth of it, so 5-B for Majora's first key and every other High 6-A character would be 25 Zettatons or Low 5-B. Only other profile that gets the full 100 Zettaton scaling is the second key for the Four Giants since they completely halt the moon drop.

I agree with this; I remember those scans being very justifiable for treating Majora's Mask's moon as being just like ours, but they randomly got overlooked in a future revision. So I support this upgrade.

Seems fine to me too considering I also accepted the calc

The evidence provided in the calc should be more than enough to equate Termina's moon to the standard size of the moon, so consider me in full agreement.

Oh right but goes without saying that everyone with Class E lifting strength from scaling to the moon drop also gets upgraded to Class Z if we officially start treating it as an actual moon.

Aight so sufficient staff agreements and 48 hours have passed with no objections, so guess I'll apply the changes now and then we can focus on the Hyrule Warriors CRT to see if we can also start bumping those dudes up to tier 5

lmao I keep forgetting that the reason light arrows scale to the giants is because of twinmold.

random ass worm bosses unironically being triforce of power tier will always make me smile. Also done with the edits, only characters left untouched are the HW dudes because we gotta wrap up their CRT first.

lmao I keep forgetting that the reason light arrows scale to the giants is because of twinmold.

random ass worm bosses unironically being triforce of power tier will always make me smile. Also done with the edits, only characters left untouched are the HW dudes because we gotta wrap up their CRT first.
Shouldn't Majora be Class Z (moon is 7e+22 kilograms) rather than E?

Alright, now that this is apparently accepted and done, we should look at the CRT that would add all this to Hyrule Warriors characters.

Back