• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Has The Great ZZ's post been addressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, but why is Majora, one of the only things in the entire series with an actual Tier 5 feat, losing its 5-B rating? The High 6-A calc only calcs Majora destroying Termina, not the entire world, which the bad ending makes it clear it does.

On the subject of Majora not being able to use its Tier 5 stats in combat...why? Majora is not actively trying to destroy the world and is only able to do so after 3 days. The game even seems to suggest the moon is Majora's creation in the first place. The whole thing is a game to it. Majora simply intiates the drop and then flies around Termina causing havoc while it waits. It's not like it couldn't speed up the process, as we actually see it do before the final battle when it starts getting a bit serious. It just doesn't care.

Nobody powerscaling to Majora doesn't mean Majora doesn't powerscale to itself, especially when it's not even from the same world as someone like Demise or Ganon, and required Link using a magical artifact of unknown amounts of power to defeat. At least High 6-A, likely 5-B is fine for Majora.

@Azzy

Not commenting on those points but the Moon isn't Majora's creation, just the face on it.

No, it very much isn't. It doesn't use vague language like "reduced the world to ruin" or something. It straight up says the world and everyone living on it was annihilated.

The moon did that, not Majora. Majora only moved the moon to destroy the earth.

DocAnimeTheory said:
What are people doing implementing the downgrades? It doesn't look like it's been agreed upon?
General downgrade from Planet level was agreed on. Now it's mainly just a question about Majora and presumably Levias.

Dark649 said:
The moon did that, not Majora. Majora only moved the moon to destroy the earth.
The moon was tossed into the planet by Majora. It even shows the ability to directly increase its speed and tanks being at the epicenter of the impact. It's done via its own power.

Wait Ganondorf slowed the planet rotation and Majora should scale to all the other final bosses. If it turns out that this downgrade was useless and the edits will be reverted, the next time i see a thread about downgrading the Zelda verse, i will close it.

@Dark

Show scan that Ganondorf actually slowed planet's rotation. I don't remember that at all.

Majora doesn't scale to anyone but itself (and the Fierce Deity, obviously) and LC and I have proved it.

Yes there is a thread about that in this wiki, i was searching for it. Slowing down the planet rotarion is Moon level.

A thread means nothing if the feat in question doesn't exist. I could very well put a thread about Mewtwo being universal even though he doesn't have a single feat to support it.

There's no reason all final bosses should be scaled to each other. Many of them fight different incrnations of the same character and many of them have different stats, equipment etc.

I fear we're getting off-topic here and regressing stuff we've established.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
A thread means nothing if the feat in question doesn't exist. I could very well put a thread about Mewtwo being universal even though he doesn't have a single feat to support it.
Expect Mewtwo being Universal would be a huge outlier regardless Also let the man search for the feat jeez...

LordXcano said:
@Azzy
Not commenting on those points but the Moon isn't Majora's creation, just the face on it.
The moon itself turns into light and vanishes when Majora is beaten. I would assume that means that Majora itself is what's sustaining its existence.

@Peter

Just explaining why a thread doesn't automatically prove someone have a feat. I certainly would love to see that, tho', since even when playing WW multiple times I seem to have forgotten about it's existence.

LordXcano said:
DocAnimeTheory said:
What are people doing implementing the downgrades? It doesn't look like it's been agreed upon?
General downgrade from Planet level was agreed on. Now it's mainly just a question about Majora and presumably Levias.
Where? I don't see any agreement. Antvasima agrees that the Triforce is stronger than the Fierce Diety Mask.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
The moon itself turns into light and vanishes when Majora is beaten. I would assume that means that Majora itself is what's sustaining its existence.
"Well, yours is a face I'm not used to seeing... I am Shikashi, professor of astronomy! I have been enamored with the moon since I was a child. Now, I spend my days gazing at it from here."

- Shikashi

LordXcano said:
"Well, yours is a face I'm not used to seeing... I am Shikashi, professor of astronomy! I have been enamored with the moon since I was a child. Now, I spend my days gazing at it from here."

- Shikashi
If Shikashi is referring to the same moon, then I guess that just says Majora had control over every aspect of the moon, hence its realm on the inside and such. So nothing really changes, there in regards to the moon's power being Majora's.

@Azzy He's referring to the same Moon. He also says:

"But lately, there is something quite strange with the moon. Strange, indeed... It seems as though the moon is being pulled down by something and is slowly drawing closer."

@Doc

The triforce IS more powerful than the Fierce Deity mask... Completed, of course. Link had the ToC and Majora still managed to soul-hax him, even when that same piece offers protection against that kind of magic.

-

I've read Hyrule Historia's section about WW and there is not any mention of Ganon slowing the planet's rotation. Maybe it was in another game and I missed it?

LordXcano said:
@Azzy He's referring to the same Moon. He also says:
"But lately, there is something quite strange with the moon. Strange, indeed... It seems as though the moon is being pulled down by something and is slowly drawing closer."
Then yeah. Majora obviously has complete control over the moon after altering it.

@Azzy I wasn't arguing about whether Majora is controlling the Moon or not, hence "no comment". I was just clarifying he didn't make it.

LordXcano said:
@Azzy I wasn't arguing about whether Majora is controlling the Moon or not, hence "no comment". I was just clarifying he didn't make it.
Majora took control of the moon and said I... I shall consume. Consume... Consume everything.. and renews the Moon's descent onto Termina.

"A similar curse is placed around the Forsaken Fortress, which prevents night from ending until Link defeats the Helmaroc King and confronts Ganondorf there."

That part is problematic for the feat in question. Also, the existence of the Sun Song, unless child Link is potentially also Moon Level.

As for the Endless Day I can't say for sure since I've never played the Oracle games.

Endless Night seems to be more just bringing a constant storm than actually stopping the planet's rotation, but Endless Day seems legit.

@Lephyr. Sun's Song is time manipulation. It was brought up long before I was even staff.

Also, stopping the earth from going around the sun should lead to...interesting results.

@Cal

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarification.

But wouldn't the Endless Day be an outlier? Since Veran was the one to do it and here she is mountain level.

Edit: Wait, after checking her profile, wouldn't that be Time Manipulation also?

It was used by channelling through Nayru, that should also be considered like the fact that Majora did became the moon, who was capable to annihilate the world and everyone living on it.

"As the Oracle of Ages, Nayru has the ability to control the flow of time as well and serves as the protector of a mythical instrument known as the Harp of Ages."

So...

"She uses Nayru's control over time to create the Endless Day and inveigles Ambi into forcing the townsfolk to slave away unceasingly on the tower's construction."

Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back