• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Harry Potter Speed of Light Spell says J.K. Rowling

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we use the broom scene from the 4th movie in the tournament. We get an upgrade for Voldemort, the shield feat.

The movie use a timeframe of 17 seconds. If we calc by the closes speed to Light speed we get 1, 700, 000 Km that's how far the broom was from him.

100, 000, 000 m/s < the closes to speed to Light Speed (Relativistic+)

The 17 seconds was the movie timeframe use for the broom to arrive.

100, 000, 000 m/s * 17 seconds = 1,700,000 km (That's Alaska size. Hogwarts has Big land mass.)

Large Country level Voldemort.

AppleLord said:
If we use the broom scene from the 4th movie in the tournament. We get an upgrade for Voldemort, the shield feat.

The movie use a timeframe of 17 seconds. If we calc by the closes speed to Light speed we get 1, 700, 000 Km that's how far the broom was from him.

100, 000, 000 m/s < the closes to speed to Light Speed (Relativistic+)

The 17 seconds was the movie timeframe use for the broom to arrive.

100, 000, 000 m/s * 17 seconds = 1,700,000 km (That's Alaska size. Hogwarts has Big land mass.)

Large Country level Voldemort.
he could have just seans harry move his arm casting the spell and reatcted to that

That's not quite what he's saying.

He's assuming the spell speed is near lightspeed because of a random author statement, even though it'd be massively faster than anything else in the series, and using it to calc Hogward's size. Saying it's country sized, which is just ridiculous and makes no sense whatsoever, since the school would be bigger than Britain itself. -_-

Author's words. Word of God. I don't see why not. They have small camp tents that are the size of Houses in the inside. Key word: Magic.

Author's say dumb stuff all the time. It makes no sense.

What you're saying is that Hogward's is 1,700,000 Km wide. The school students can go from one side to the other by walking is larger than Earth's circumference. You can't be for real.

If she had said the speed of sound it would had been 5 km and that's Multi-City block level, I think.

Dc I cannot believe. Speed is a bit more believable. But we need some other feat on a similar scale. It's way too big of a bump and looks like an outlier

The speed is "only" for the object moving. As she said. Yeah, i think the AP is an outliner as well.

Hyperbole or huge outlier. If we used that land mass size, then Hogwartz would be be bigger than most of Western Europe...

This is just... no.

Like, there aren't enough words in the dictionary for me to describe how "no" this is.

Darkanine said:
Hyperbole or huge outlier. If we used that land mass size, then Hogwartz would be be bigger than most of Western Europe...
Yes, there is an inconsistency with this, Hogwarts is located in Scotland which is smaller, however, this is explain with Magic. Some Magic allows for a bigger object to fit inside a smaller one and keep its size. Like small camp tents which are house size in the inside or bottomless purses.

But I believe is an outliner because of what @Juca said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back