• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Harry Dresden Upgrade

I don't have the book on me, since it's checked out at my local library, but in Skin Games, Harry states that he believes he had a reasonable chance of defeating and imprisoning Mab, Queen of the Winter Sidhe if the fight took place on Demonreach (Mab herself concedes that he could do this if he tried). Considering Mab herself is around a 3-3 tier (Implied to be more or less on par with the archangel Uriel, who is in turn implied to be able to obliterate entire universes on a whim if he weren't bound by a strict set of metaphysical laws.), this is fairly signifigant. Dresden couldn't kill her, but could overpower her long enough to place her in stasis for eternity within the depths of Demonreach.

Also worth noting is that Demonreach is shown to be home to numerous powerful entities, many of which are implied to be imprisoned gods and devils themselves, many of whom are also implied to be part of the Outsiders, a group wherein in a singular member is a planetary threat on the low scale. Taken as a whole, it takes Mab, the occassional support of the Archangels, and many other cosmic-tier entities within the Dresden verse to repel them whenever they try something. It's also stated that Dresden himself can choose to release them if ever desired. They'd most likely kill him, but they represent a cosmic-stellar threat that was suddenly free to loose havoc on who ever he was fighting.

In either case, I'd bump Dresden up to a tier 3 based on the power he can unleash when on Demonreach, and add a bit about his ability to ignore most durability when imprisoning someone for eternity on Demonreach.

I'll get exact quotes later in the week.

Where does the universes thing come from? It doesn't really make sense considering the series only has one universe, and so far Dresden's archangels power hype ranges from casual planet to galaxy busting. Unless you meant to say "galaxies" instead of "universes" and "tier 3-C or 3-B" when you said "3-3 tier".

Anyway, the rating would be for Demonreach, not Harry himself. Harry can give Demonreach orders and he gets intellectus about the island, but IIRC he's not empowered to that level.

Uriel has the power to "unmake galaxies".

Mab being comparable to him I'm less sure about. She's powerful, but the entire winter court (excluding the SPOILERS "ones guarding the outer gates"), is only about High 6-A due to being able to cause another planetary Ice Age.

And yeah, Harry isn't empowered to that level. I can accept him being able to imprison High 6-A beings within Demonreach, but that would only apply when they are actually on Demonreach

Although, he is capable of activating the self destruct mechanism, which would annihilate most of the North American continent, and also releasing all the prisoners inside, who would life-wipe the planet in about a day.

Back