• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Had to come sooner or later: What is and isn't a stomp

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea that characters with passive abilities make a fight a stomp since the character literally gets killed by standing there.

@Dragon

If you can't make a case for one of the two winning it's a stomp (Example being Amon beating any other High 6-A with a thought, Homulilly mindscrewing people subconsciously etc)

We should probably make an official "Stomp" page to go with our "Spite Thread" page.

And, unrelated, but I think we should have a "One shot" page too. I should make another thread about that one tho.

This kinda of new rule would probably effect a lot of the matches that are currently listed on character's pages.

Well GK and Homuility were both things....

Though the former has 2-A comprehension....... Later doesn't though.

in my opinion we should just take tier 2-3 vs a tier 10 and remove stats/ability/hax until that is fair and from there we decide what is a stomp or not by counting the removed part separately as a rule (for example a tier 3 with all ability removed and all stats but speed equalized i still a stomp caus eof the speed, so too much speed advantange is a stomp, a tier 3 with all stats equalized and ability apart from existance easure is still a stomp as he can oneshoot in an instant, so existance easure form distance wiht no counter or ability to doge is a stomp)

or just generalize the example (ex. tier 4 vs 6 is a stomp cause the opponent can't deal damage and the opponent can one shot the opponent wiht his speed advantage and AP, so "fight that end in a instant are stomp and fight where there is no interaction are stomp/missmatch" instead of "fight between different tier of at leats 2 order are stomps" as those falls under the example above but count in existance erasure from distance, etc and all the hax stomp ability )

Yeah kinda

Cause Ryuko can get incap'd

other options are:

- following the similar/opposite rule: one fight is not a stomp if they have similar stats or opposite (glass cannon vs slow tank is fair) and they have similar/opposite ability (ehti both have the ability to regen or one has the ability to counter it, etc)

-tweaking the existing rules: why are fight between different tier generally stomps ? cause the opponent can oneshoot/blitz. then should we count as a stomp most of ability that can lead to oneshoot/blitz unelss they are countered by another ability ?. why are fight with different durability(ex tier 3 vs tier 5) counted as a stomp ? cause the opponent can't kill/defeat the opponent. then what about hax that makes you invulnerable or high regen/ressurection/immortality with no counter ability as it lead to the same scenario ?

@Malox

Those are interesting points you proposed my good sir. Whether or not we consider it a stomp if a character can not be defeated by their opponent at all via regen (and other similar things) probably needs to be brought up as well.

Wouldn't a lot of this be fixed if SBA didn't cap out at 4KM? Characters exist that could outrange Nihlus and have stuff like precog to know to do that, but since they start in the instant death field they lose. This also fixes issues with really huge characters. A lot of these passive hax characters seem to have a defined radius for it, so allowing people with a range advantage to actually use that ability could serve to lessen this. Where did the 4 km cap even come from?

SBA isn't the problem. Starting distance can be changed by the OP if 4 km makes it a stomp. It's just a per default limit.

It also wouldn't change the fact that characters starting in the range of the passive hax would still be stomped.

Thatoneguy78 said:
You have content revision Manipulation obviously
An Aura too.

Without being aware of it he was able to downgrade Sigismund to Large Island level (Assuming Matt isn't..... Being bad Matt) and send ripples through SBA.

Assaltwaffle said:
This thread went from legitimate arguments to being full of memes. Is the topic concluded or...
It's just another thread.

I mean... A bunch of people agree. I think if we get Ant to view it we'll be good to go.

Better have more Content mods.....

ovo

There is always room for memes

Anyway, getting back on track, I basically agree Kal and Assalt. If you legit can't think of a way for an opponent to win, then its a stomp, even if its one ability that's causing said match to be a stomp.

I also like DMUA's notion to make stomp and one shot pages to better define what makes a match unfair, or at least add them to the spite match page. (Also, we seriously need to define what is an AP stomp, cause I've heard several different things)

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
(Also, we seriously need to define what is an AP stomp, cause I've heard several different things)
Hense making the One-shot page to clear it up.

Define can't think of a way to win tho.

Are we talking "Everything this character does is useless" or "They can win but they're not fast enough"

If they're not fast enough to win, then everything this character does is useless. These aren't mutually exclusive.

Everything the character does is

MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I guess my next question is, with speed equalized matches, how do we handle "it only takes a thought to activate x hax" type situatons?

I'd say it's a matter of character from that point.

If it's 100% likely for a character to just snip with a thought-based hax with basically no reasonable chance for them to not use it, it may be a stomp yeah.

Here's what I think the Stomp Page should look like:

"A Stomp is when one Character is immediately able to win against another, whether it's via BFR, Incapacitation or Killing, with the opponent having no chance to retort with their own means of victory.

An example of this is Homura Akemi vs Dante (Shin Megami Tensei where Dante was totally unable to use his Almighty attacks to kill Homura, due to the fact Homura's Subconscious "Witch's Kiss" Left him completely at her mercy to be Powerdrained. Another Example is Darth Nihilus vs Medaka Kurokami, Where Medaka was unable to do anything, due to the fact that her soul was immediately eaten by Nihilus's passive aura, and she had no time to counter with All-Fiction or some tool of the like.

A Stomp thread is not added to the profiles of either Character."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back