• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Had to come sooner or later: What is and isn't a stomp

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
So... Yeah. The idea of what is and isn't a stomp fluctuates alot round here. And it's time to settle it. We should address these bullet points:

• Does a single hax that the opponent has absolutely no method of bypassing constitute as a stomp, due to the opposition being unable to do anything to overcome the opponent? Cases: here
Add what I'm missing down below.

I really should have made this myself.

A stomp, at least to me, is when the opponent has no realistic way of winning while simultaneously getting low to no diffed with zero effort and when the opponent can get an easy victor with multiple abilities.

Passive Hax matches are boring, but if it's one Hax that stops the opponent from getting completely marked via anything, that can only constitute as a borderline stomp.

Of course, there will never be a clear definition for this, and people are always going to abuse it to have a character not lose.

So... If someone has one ability that instantly incaps/kills/erases the opposition from existence with them being unable to do anything is A Okay, but if they have 3 ablities that do that, it's a stomp, meanwhile in all situations the opposition has no path to victory?

In my opinion it is a stomp if the opponent has zero chance (or close enough) of winning. That's why Amon has no complete matches; he gives the opponent zero chance of winning.

Well... Let's replace Nihilus in Medaka vs Nihilus with Reinhard, with Reinhard starting with the spear in hand. Reinhard soul and mindcrushes Medaka, with her totally at mercy to conceptual manipulation and the many many ways that Reinhard can kill her.

In both matches, the result is that Passive beats nigh instant in hax, but, if I understand your viewpoint directly, the former isn't a stomp because Nihilus only has one method of winning, while Reinhard stomps because he has boatloads of methods to kill Medaka.

None of those have passive abilities

DMUA said:
*Does a single hax that the opponent has absolutely no method of bypassing constitute as a stomp, due to them being able to do anything to overcome the opponent?
Allegedly...

EDIT: If you can't tell, then no, I still don't agree with this.

@DMUA, well Nihilus can't do jack squat to Rein due to his resistances, but yes.

Character A Stomps B but B has one instant Hax that activates faster? Descisive.

Character A is comparable or much weaker then B but B has a boatload of abilities to instantly wreck? Stomp

Yeah, that's sort of my line of thinking.

Should this get a highlight, you think?

MrKingOfNegativity said:
You kinda misunderstand. Hatchworth can bypass Randall's hax by simply killing him before he does anything.

Meanwhile, I'm talking about Hax like Probability Manipulation from Gurren Lagann and if it's a stomp when they can't bypass it. EX: Dimentio vs Anti-Spiral

In the first case, yes.

In the second one... It depends on how the hax works. If it's akin to an Avada Kedavra death-beam, I don't think it would be stomp-ish unless there's some kind of blitz involved. If it's a nigh-instantaneous AOE ability that instakills without weaknesses, we may have a case of stomp.

EliminatorVenom said:
As I said above, I mean like, "They have this one hax that the opponent can't get around at all" such as Probability Manipulation.

DMUA said:
MrKingOfNegativity said:
You kinda misunderstand. Hatchworth can bypass Randall's hax by simply killing him before he does anything.
Meanwhile, I'm talking about Hax like Probability Manipulation from Gurren Lagann and if it's a stomp when they can't bypass it. EX: Dimentio vs Anti-Spiral
It isn't a stomp, since Dimentio would utterly beat the living crap out of Anti-Spiral, if it wasn't for that Probability manipulation. Besides, the battle wouls still be prolongueted.

Again, it doesn't matter if it's only one hax. If the hax in question cannot be bypassed at all and renders the opponent's victory null, it's a stomp.

Putting a 10-C who's Non-Corporeal against a 9-C who is haxless would be a stomp, despite the 9-C stomping otherwise.

@DMUA

It depends on how powerful the Probability Manip is and how the character's mind is, but guessing on an almighty Probability Manipulation and if said character consistently uses it... Then yeah, it's a stomp.

I am in agreement with Saikou. Doesn't matter if it is only one hax, or even if the opponent can defeat the hax's user bar that hax. If someone like GK fights someone like Amon, it is still a stomp for GK regardless of how bad Amon mentally obliterates him, since Amon is dead 100% of the time via getting looked at.

If someone has absolutely zero chance of winning, regardless if it is one ability or they would have a chance save that ability, it is a stomp.

Is 50/50 Othinus against any character below her tier ever considered to be a stomp? Or should we in these threads toss a coin where it's "stomp by Othinus" if tails and "decisive victory against Othinus" if heads so that it's always a... half decisive win for Othinus?

Issue is it's impossible to debate either she gets it right and becomes partially High 1C or loses and gets rekt.

Gargoyle One said:
Issue is it's impossible to debate either she gets it right and becomes partially High 1C or loses and gets rekt.
I mean that's what Inconclusive is there for. Both characters can win so we can't determine which one takes it.

That's not really a debate tho. It's literally "inconclusive because we don't know what side the coin lands on"

Gargoyle One said:
That's not really a debate tho. It's literally "inconclusive because we don't know what side the coin lands on"
Well sometimes it is just plain and simply inconclusive. The outcome sometimes is obvious without need to debate.

DMB 1 said:
It isn't a stomp, since Dimentio would utterly beat the living crap out of Anti-Spiral, if it wasn't for that Probability manipulation.
But he does have it, it does bypass durability and make him impossible to damage, and it does reduce Dimentio's chance of winning to a good dead 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back