• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Definition Of A Stomp - Clarified

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just trying to figure out how to make thought based not come off as a stomp.

What about instinctual? "My body moved on its own before I could think."

@ant this is not the perfect place to ask this, but why do attacks aimed at vitals or organs surpass durability? i dont really understand this tbh. to harm another, one needs power equal to, or greater than said other. unless that person is made of iron on the outside, and plastic on the inside, this should always be the rule, correct?

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
@ant this is not the perfect place to ask this, but why do attacks aimed at vitals or organs surpass durability? i dont really understand this tbh. to harm another, one needs power equal to, or greater than said other. unless that person is made of iron on the outside, and plastic on the inside, this should always be the rule, correct?
They don't completely negate durability. But I think in these cases it's usually something like "They can damage the internal organs without damaging the outside body" or by bypassing the outside body's defenses, which would bypass durability.

Have we reached a conclusion?

Also, this should probably be highlighted regardless, as everyone should be aware of the changes.

And Spongebob alongsisde a lot of game characters will no longer be punching bags, thanks to their character basically turning most of their "wincons" obsolote with the new definition of stomps.

Character itself doesn't destroy a match. It's noted on the page. In fact, character will likely only destroy a match in the most extreme situations.

How extreme? Because I probably can find stuff that stuff that steps on that line.

Oh yeah, I forgot that part, yeah, Spongebob kinda falls there with some matches, his only wincons tend to be his hax that he has never used in a confrontational context...

Hax "who leads first" matches are an odd space. They are often absurdly predictable and boring, but also very commonplace.

Thoughts, everyone?

Moritzva said:
Hax "who leads first" matches are an odd space. They are often absurdly predictable and boring, but also very commonplace.
Thoughts, everyone?
what are the specific changes that will be made, also about the hax things if thought base is attacks faster than actio(physically doing something) shouldnt a charater with super genius intelligence be faster than a person with normal or high inteligence, because technically a person with higher intelligence would think and process information faster than a person with lower intelligence.

Not really, being more intelligent doesn't imply you think faster afaik, it implies you can come to more complex conclusions and your liable to come up with a complex plan while your opponent doesn't think of such a thing but in a battle with thought based abilities? When both side simply have to think death to end the fight? Its a single thought on both sides that shouldn't be effected by your intelligence as it's not a complex series of thoughts.

Saying that their may be some minute differences in the speed of thought but the odds its enough to definitively decide which character thinks death first is incredibly doubtful.

Intelligence has little correlation to reaction speed. Especially under Speed Equal, y'know.

So, may we proceed and update the Stomp Thread page?

"Who Shoots First" threads are still unclarified, but that feels like a distinct beast.

Given the overall silence, I think we can go ahead and make the changes. If someone has a complaint later on that hasn't already been addressed here, they can bring it up afterwards.

The page is unlocked for you. Let me know when you're finished updating it with whatever so I can lock it again.

Done.

I also added a small clarifying clause in the introduction paragraphs about how each matter should be judged case-by-case, no matter what. I doubt it's an edit of any controversy, but it's worth nothing very explicitly.

Good call. It shouldn't be something too controversial, no, but I appreciate you letting me know about that nonetheless.

Since we're pretty much done here and I've locked the page again, I'll be closing this thread now. Happy matchmaking...or something.

Chairshot thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back