• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Had to come sooner or later: What is and isn't a stomp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ain't basically said that he doesn't want to get involved with Versus Thread Shenanigans.

So... Is everybody good to go?

I agree with Saikou and Assault. Matches where one character has the instant win button and the opponent having nothing to get out of it with is the farthest thing you can get from the phrase "fair match".

DMUA said:
Here's what I think the Stomp Page should look like:
"A Stomp is when one Character is immediately able to win against another, whether it's via BFR, Incapacitation or Killing, with the opponent having no chance to retort with their own means of victory.
if so add the opposite too "A Stomp is when one Character can't possibly lose aganist the other in any situatio" example a tier 4 durability vs a tier 7 AP or any immobile/sleeping tier 2 vs tier below with no hax

Malox1696 said:
DMUA said:
Here's what I think the Stomp Page should look like:
"A Stomp is when one Character is immediately able to win against another, whether it's via BFR, Incapacitation or Killing, with the opponent having no chance to retort with their own means of victory.
if so add the opposite too "A Stomp is when one Character can't possibly lose aganist the other in any situatio" example a tier 4 durability vs a tier 7 AP or any immobile/sleeping tier 2 vs tier below with no hax
Even with hax it might not work. Tier 2 is often 4 dimensional and has 5 dimensional characters. :v

Yeah, that seems good too.

Anything else we should add?

You should probably add some more content to that page, or I might have to delete it for sheer...lackingness.

I mean.

What else do I put?

It says what a stomp is and that's kinda that.

Examples, and why they're stomps can help. Especially with clarifying stuff like passive instakill via abilities like nihlus.

Examples, or an image of someone getting roflstomped (Like Hulk vs Loki from the Avengers movie, or Sayaka actually trying to threaten Akuma Homura)

That's literally already what's on the page.

It lists examples and why they were stomps.

Weird, I'll ask Antvasima.

Maybe he would have just preferred for the examples to not be actual threads or something.

The links to offsite stuff are all youtube links, so he could just not want to be linking to real threads that happened here. Similarly, linking to stomps on other vs debate sites could be seen as in poor taste, but youtube is youtube.

I don't.

But make sure to leave an explanation of why they're stomps.

IE, Naruto vs Golden King (Naruto has no method of avoiding Conceptual Atomization)

I'd make sure to include at least one where passive abilities cause it to be a stomp, since that's the new major addition.

Looks good to me.

Love the Hulk Gif.

So anyways, we're finished here now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back