• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guenael Lee Is More Non-Existent Than Arc's Heterosexuality (Slight NEP Upgrade)

This thread is pretty simple, Guenael Lee currently has (Nature 1 - Aspect 1) with his NEP given the fact he's able to turn himself non-existent, and since Lee's a soul, this would constitute aspect 1. This is fine but he's still missing something, see a couple months ago a thread was made and accepted which caused the mind of a spirit to be intertwined with their soul. So if Lee turns his soul non-existent then his mind would also be non-existent inherently, this is even more supported by the fact he can erase himself from the memories of his existence from the minds of his opponents.

Edit - Guenael Lee is able to think and rationalize thoughts despite the fact his soul/mind is non-existent, which means he also qualifies for Nature Type 3.

Guenael Lee needs Nature Type 3 alongside his Type 1 and Aspect Type 3 alongside his Type 1, very simple thread that hopefully doesn't become needlessly complicated.

Agree - Arc7Kuroi, Malekith, Purgy, EldemadeDityjon, Reio35, Arcker123, PainKiller07, Maverick_Zero_X, zylieo, Dread, Dereck03

Disagree -

Neutral -

Last edited:
Idk what you're talkn about tbh.

No.

IMG_6724.png

Could have swore I already had this added to both gremmy and lees profile. Buy some mod kept reversing my edits

You should add it to gremmys its already excepted for both
I will after i'm done with this thread since that thread seems to already been accepted, just need to get someone to open up Yhwach's and Soul King's Profiles.

I'm guessing you agree with this thread?

On second thought I'm not sure about Type 3 as it says the character needs to actually demonstrate immunity and Guenael Lee never demonstrates immunity to mind manip, though at the same time it's already accepted that the mind and soul are essentially one in the same in Bleach

Someone who's familiar with the standards for NEP would need to clarify as this seems to be a special case arising from the fact that the mind and soul are intertwined for Bleach, which isn't the norm.

On second thought I'm not sure about Type 3 as it says the character needs to actually demonstrate immunity and Guenael Lee never demonstrates immunity to mind manip, though at the same time it's already accepted that the mind and soul are essentially one in the same in Bleach

Someone who's familiar with the standards for NEP would need to clarify as this seems to be a special case arising from the fact that the mind and soul are intertwined for Bleach, which isn't the norm.
That's why I asked this
Is he immune to mind manipulation before?

Is he immune to mind manipulation before?
What exactly do you mean by "before"? since Lee isn't naturally non-existent, he only becomes non-existent after activating his ability. If you're talking about before he activates his ability then no, he isn't immune but he is resistant towards Mind Manipulation. But if you're talking about after he becomes non-existent then i would say yes since his mind is non-existent, and such would be immune to conventional Mind Manipulation, similar how someone who has a non-existent soul would be immune to conventional Soul Manipulation.

What exactly do you mean by "before"? since Lee isn't naturally non-existent, he only becomes non-existent after activating his ability. If you're talking about before he activates his ability then no, he isn't immune but he is resistant towards Mind Manipulation. But if you're talking about after he becomes non-existent then i would say yes since his mind is non-existent, and such would be immune to conventional Mind Manipulation, similar how someone who has a non-existent soul would be immune to conventional Soul Manipulation.
The page says that it needs to be stated that they're immune though
Paradoxical Nonexistence: Characters still exist, but paradoxically behave as if they don't when attacked. Equivalently, characters qualify which don't exist, but behave as if they do in some aspect other than their interaction with attacks and abilities. To qualify for this type, a character needs to be stated to be immune to manipulations of the aspects they are nonexistent in due to their nonexistence. An example of that would be a character who is able to think, and hence has a mind, but is stated to be immune to regular mind manipulation as said mind is paradoxically nonexistent in nature. The character doesn't necessarily behave exclusively nonexistent in regard to attacks, but that is the only requirement necessary to gain this type. In terms of binary, where existence is 1 and nonexistence is 0, this would be part 0 and part 1 simultaneously.
But this is a special case as Bleach rather uniquely has the soul and mind as pretty much one in the same, so a staff member who's knowledgeable about NEP needs to clarify ideally.

I don’t think the page is inherently so hyper literal, I think there are examples of it being more implicit than explicit, but yeah no harm in getting other staff opinions.

Is there any evidence that after he became non-existent, his mind is also non-existent, and yet he still thinks? Because if there is none, then this would not work out.
It is like, giving every NEP 1 user, NEP 3 aspect 3 based on that.

But this is a special case as Bleach rather uniquely has the soul and mind as pretty much one in the same, so a staff member who's knowledgeable about NEP needs to clarify ideally.
Ya, that's my point. I don't think I was unclear with my question.

But is he immune to normal mind manipulation?
But ngl, the scan is straightforward.

Is there any evidence that after he became non-existent, his mind is also non-existent, and yet he still thinks? Because if there is none, then this would not work out.
It is like, giving every NEP 1 user, NEP 3 aspect 3 based on that.
The proof is that souls and mind in Bleach are intertwined, so with his soul and very existence becoming nonexistent then his mind would logically as well.

It's already accepted that the mind and soul are essentially one.

If you're asking for proof that he still thinks while nonexistent, then yes, that's blatantly shown.

Alright, ya, the OP line was confusing. This seems straightforward and uncontroversial as well.
Topic off, how does the enemy deal with this?

Also, I agree with NEP 1 and NEP 3 for those aspects, spiritual and mental. Seems clear enough (thanks for screenshot btw)

Topic off, how does the enemy deal with this?
His ability is implied to have a major drawback, he seemingly can't attack while using Version 2 where his existence is nonexistent

He dies when Gremmy stops imagining that Guenael exists, as Gremmy is the one who created him with his imagination and whatever he imagines becomes reality.
0572-008.png

0572-009.png

Back