• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki: Making a Tier 7 verse Tier 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually he could be referring to Gaia the supersoldier. He says was that the power that beat Gaia? Which would mean he was talking about the past.

The anime scene is much more clear but also changes the dialog.

Honestly, I wouldn't even be surprised if he could manipulate plants (I don't think that's the case).

More likely, though, it might've just been his body heat.

Either that, or he can make plants undress as easily as he makes women undress (I'm not even joking about that, btw. Some women literally do this on the spot just because Yujiro looks at them in the series).

Honestly, I wouldn't even be surprised if he could manipulate plants (I don't think that's the case).

More likely, though, it might've just been his body heat.

Either that, or he can make plants undress as easily as he makes women undress (I'm not even joking about that, btw. Some women literally do this on the spot just because Yujiro looks at them in the series).
I just think he caused the plan to suicide like the soldiers hitting each other. Imagive being in a room with Yujiro for an hour.

Are there enough votes?
Idk if or when we're voting yet, but I'm just voting yes on the earthquake being stopped by the punch, and/or voting yes for the upgrade.

I just don't understand the desire to overcomplicate it: Man punch shaking ground. Ground stop. Feat shows man much stronger than boy. Hijinks ensue.

This the only thing notable in the baki fighting side Databook I could find/translate
bakiarutimettobu0000unse_0063.jpg

FIGHT:75
範馬勇次郎VS範馬刃牙

最強の親子対決の幕が開いた······ツ!!
12時間のウォームアップを終えたとき、勇次郎を乗せたヘリが到着。そして父、勇次郎もまた、ガイアを相手にウォームアップをすませていた。

······喰うぜ!!
———————
FIGHT:75
Yujiro Hanma VS Baki Hanma

The curtain opened on the strongest father-son showdown: ------ts!
When the 12-hour warm-up was over, the helicopter carrying Yujiro arrived. And his father, Yujiro, was also warming up against Gaia.

I'm gonna ------ eat you!
Don't think it means/helps much tho
bakiarutimettobu0000unse_0059.jpg

FIGHT:66

ガイアVS範馬刃牙

ミスター戦争「ガイア」が深き森で覚醒する!!
先に倒したノムラの別人格であるガイアが覚醒!!彼こそがオーガと並び称されている怪物である。地面に埋められていたが難なく抜け出し、隊員を一喝する。
自らを大地の神と呼び、自信に満ち溢れた表情をみせるガイアは悠然と刃牙に迫る。
———————————
FIGHT:66

Gaia vs. Hanma Baki

Mr. War "Gaia" awakens in the deep forest!
Gaia, the other personality of Nomura, who defeated him earlier, awakens! He is the monster who is referred to alongside the Ogre. He was buried in the ground, but escaped without difficulty and blackmails the members of the team.
Gaia, who calls himself the god of the earth and looks full of confidence, approaches the fighters with ease.
bakiarutimettobu0000unsemn_0059.jpg

刃牙の全ての攻撃が当たらない!!

君の肉体がわたしの肉体を傷つけることをこばんでいるのだから······

↑ 刃牙の攻撃はガイアの体にすら触れられない。

刃牙は必死の攻撃を繰り出すが、ガイアにかすることすらできない。これが大地の神と自称するガイアの力なのか!?
————————
All the attacks of Baki are unable to hit you!!!!!!!

Since your body is coveting to hurt my body: ------

↑ All of Baki's attacks cannot even touch Gaia's body.

Baki launches a desperate attack, but he is unable to even scratch Gaia. Is this the power of Gaia, the self-proclaimed god of the earth!
bakiarutimettobu0000unse_0058.jpg

第一章ザ・オールファイトコンプリート幼年編
アドレナリンと環境のすべてを利用するガイアに死角なし······ッ!!

↑ アドレナリンの流れを自由に操作するガイア。

ガイアはアドレナリンの操作により引き出した人間離れした潜在能力と、超危機察知能力で刃牙を攻め立てる。

↑← 常人の数倍の空気を肺に溜め、声帯を通して瞬時に吐き出す!!

ガイアの声帯兵器が刃牙を襲う······!!
——————
Chapter 1 The All Fight Complete Childhood Edition
Gaia, who uses all of his adrenaline and environment, has no blind spot: ------!!!

↑ Gaia manipulates the flow of adrenaline at will.

Gaia attacks Baki with his inhuman latent ability drawn out by the manipulation of adrenaline and his super crisis sensing ability.

↑← Gaia stores several times more air in his lungs than an ordinary person and instantly exhales it through his vocal cords!

Gaia's vocal cord weapon attacks Baki ------!

Amazing thread with double standards.

This is literally a site where we measure character strength using physics, but "we don't have to rely on physics for our calculations 🤡"

“Overcomplicating the feat,” you say, trying to calculate a meaningless feat with a formula that does not apply to it.

"Baki is full of crazy feats that can't be done with real life." Are you seriously using this as an argument? Almost any feat on this site can be accomplished by an ordinary person in real life.

You go against logic so easily that we can then find KE for MFTL+, ignoring the infinite mass.

And it is very convenient that you ignore the stopping of the Tiktonic plates, leaving only the radiation to get exactly the level that you need

This is literally a site where we measure character strength using physics, but "we don't have to rely on physics for our calculations 🤡"
You do realise the feat that was calculated was the earthquake itself, not Yujiro stopping the earthquake, right? The calculation is not the physics breaking part.
“Overcomplicating the feat,” you say, trying to calculate a meaningless feat with a formula that does not apply to it.
Meaningless feat? He literally stopped an earthquake.
Almost any feat on this site can be accomplished by an ordinary person in real life.
Bruh.
And it is very convenient that you ignore the stopping of the Tiktonic plates, leaving only the radiation to get exactly the level that you need
They literally addressed this early into the thread.

Last edited:
Uh, Nik? You uh, you wanna retranslate that? Lol
given the required stats and hax, yes, he is correct

that's what i meant when stating that ficitional settings follow the laws of our world on the basic level, feats should actually be calculated using the laws physics that exists irl since given the stats and abilities of the character in question, we should be able to perform the same feats

this one not really as it simply breaks the laws of physics, so it's not happening without hax or some kind of supernatural ability

altough i kinda gave up arguing seeing the overwhelming support this feat managed to get

I think you're replying to a number of people here, but sir, the feat is a man stopping an earthquake in a place where earthquake magnitude is frequently 7 or higher.

It seems pretty safe to assume the 794,328,234,724,282 J he'd be stopping with a punch does mean he sits comfortably at 7-C. And I don't know if you've ever actually consumed any Baki, but I'll say it a third time: The feat was not meaningless, and had a clear point at that point of the story to show Baki was naïve in thinking he had closed the gap between himself and his father. Baki is a character that learns a lot throughout the series, and that was one of his harshest lessons.
"Baki is full of crazy feats that can't be done with real life." Are you seriously using this as an argument? Almost any feat on this site can be accomplished by an ordinary person in real life.
I don't think I could accomplish almost any feat on this site as an ordinary person in real life, I'll add.

I think you're replying to a number of people here, but sir, the feat is a man stopping an earthquake in a place where earthquake magnitude is frequently 7 or higher.

It seems pretty safe to assume the 794,328,234,724,282 J he'd be stopping with a punch does mean he sits comfortably at 7-C. And I don't know if you've ever actually consumed any Baki, but I'll say it a third time: The feat was not meaningless, and had a clear point at that point of the story to show Baki was naïve in thinking he had closed the gap between himself and his father. Baki is a character that learns a lot throughout the series, and that was one of his harshest lessons.

I don't think I could accomplish almost any feat on this site as an ordinary person in real life, I'll add.
I think they mean breaking physics crazy rather than just superhuman type crazy.

So god of earth is referring to Gaia huh? Well that does hurt Strydum's statement a bit I still remain on the side of keeping the feat. But I can see why someone would want to disregard it.
Also yeah; meant to say earlier, but Gaia is literally just a well respected dude in the story lol.

Probably the most hax character I can think of in the verse with his ability to control his own adrenaline, ridiculously strong vocal cords allowing him to have a literal weaponized scream, and as 'masteryof environment' (he can utilize nature, and anything in his surroundings for weaponry, and even use it for other abilities, like using sand as camouflage).
I think they mean breaking physics crazy rather than just superhuman type crazy.
Maybe. Idk though, there was a lot to unpack lol

This is what Nik said, so yes, I did ignore the fluff you tried to add
i mean, you responded to me and i simply said if some requirements are met then any normal human can indeed perform most feats on the wiki

i highly doubt he himself bleives any normal human can turn a moutain to dust with a single punch

edit: anyways, let's just drop this convo, kinda meaningless

This assumes Retsu moved his stick in an arc before the explosion hits him which is not the case

He just jumped over the explosion, which while still impressive, is not near the length you found

Also I HIGHLY doubt Doyle is walking around with C4 strapped to his body just to fight people with the explosion, It seems more likely that this is a powder explosion of some kind since other similar feats in Baki deal with powder explosions

This assumes Retsu moved his stick in an arc before the explosion hits him which is not the case

He just jumped over the explosion, which while still impressive, is not near the length you found

Also I HIGHLY doubt Doyle is walking around with C4 strapped to his body just to fight people with the explosion, It seems more likely that this is a powder explosion of some kind since other similar feats in Baki deal with powder explosions
I linked the video in the thread if you wpuld like to see it.

This is the feat. Hope it's somewhat clearer.

....you can't treat physics as a myth, that's not how powerscaling works
Conservation of energy is one of the most basic laws of physics and it's constantly treated as just a suggestion throughout fiction, with there being a distinction between Attack Potency and Destructive Capacity because of it. So yeah, physics does gets treated like a myth in powerscaling, as a consequence of it being treated like a myth in fiction

Dust explosions work in a particular way that wouldn't really be work in this context, there has to be a certain amount of flammable airborne particles in an enclosed space that spark a chain reaction upon exposure to sufficient heat. If it were a dust explosion, there'd have to be a preliminary charge that dispersed dust into the surrounding air, which there isn't.
My guess is that he's using a directional explosive like a M18A1 Claymore, which should be small enough to fit on his chest

Uh, Nik? You uh, you wanna retranslate that? Lol
Sorry, the translator writes nonsense.

One of the participants says that "LITERALLY EVERYTHING in the show is physically impossible to do in real life", which is a stupid argument, because with the same logic, a person cannot break a wall or a building. The presence of superhuman characteristics does not deprive the work of logic. Here's my thought

Where do you get this magnitude from? The damn wire fence didn't even fall down, the buildings weren't damaged, although the characters were in the epicenter. 4.5 and 5 magnitudes are the maximum that fits here

Conservation of energy is one of the most basic laws of physics and it's constantly treated as just a suggestion throughout fiction, with there being a distinction between Attack Potency and Destructive Capacity because of it. So yeah, physics does gets treated like a myth in powerscaling, as a consequence of it being treated like a myth in fiction
sure, let's say we do ignore the conservation of energy in most cases due to it consistently being shown to be ignored in most fictional verses

that does not mean we ignore evrything else, my point still stands that a fictional verse's physical laws and matter are still very much like ours in it's basic form, and so does it's physics and logic

this feat is by all means impossible to perfrom using a normal punch that has no supernatural properties, i have no idea how so many people found it to be this compelling

agree, that's why I suggested using the stopping method by dividing the energy by the amount of time. So this suggests not that Yujiro stopped the earthquake with a wave of magical anti-energy, but absorbed that energy with his hand, which would make it more of a feat of durability. It's as if you stopped the vibration of a metal rod while starting to hold it
We ain't doing this again

It was in one punch. He scales to the whole value. That is all.

Where do you get this magnitude from? The damn wire fence didn't even fall down, the buildings weren't damaged, although the characters were in the epicenter. 4.5 and 5 magnitudes are the maximum that fits here
As suggested by place, I was referring to Japan and the frequency and intensity of Earthquakes it commonly has.

As said in the Wikipedia page, such has been documented since 599, and being so common and destructive as they are in the country, it was so relevant to Japan that they formed the Earthquake Research Institute in 1925, which:

"In modern times, the catalogues compiled by Tatsuo Usami are considered to provide the most authoritative source of information on historic earthquakes, with the 2003 edition detailing 486 that took place between 416 and 1888"

Now, maybe the earthquake wasn't literally, or exactly at a 7. It is true that there is missing information obviously from more ancient to modern times. Maybe if we get a translation of the guidebook, we can get an actual value. Given the context of the characters and their reactions, and information that we can reference though, as we've been discussing in the thread it seems like a pretty safe estimate.

Even with your suggestion of 4.5 - 5, that'd still be City Block+ - Multi-City Block Level. An upgrade for Yujiro.

It is impossible to move at will due to the intense shaking, which can throw those who do not secure themselves around.Most heavy and unanchored furniture moves or becomes displaced.In most buildings, wall tiles and windowpanes are damaged and fall. In some cases, reinforced concrete-block walls collapse.Most or all residences collapse or receive severe damage, no matter how earthquake-resistant they are.Most or all buildings (even earthquake-resistant ones) suffer severe damage.Electrical, gas and water service are interrupted.The ground is considerably distorted by large cracks and fissures, and slope failures and landslides take place, which can change topographic features.

The source came from this page and this is described the effects on the surface of the location having a Magnitude 7.

Anyway, I will stay neutral since I am unsure about the place having magnitude 7 earthquake on a daily basis as that itself actually requires proof to say the least.

It is impossible to move at will due to the intense shaking, which can throw those who do not secure themselves around.Most heavy and unanchored furniture moves or becomes displaced.In most buildings, wall tiles and windowpanes are damaged and fall. In some cases, reinforced concrete-block walls collapse.Most or all residences collapse or receive severe damage, no matter how earthquake-resistant they are.Most or all buildings (even earthquake-resistant ones) suffer severe damage.Electrical, gas and water service are interrupted.The ground is considerably distorted by large cracks and fissures, and slope failures and landslides take place, which can change topographic features.

The source came from this page and this is described the effects on the surface of the location having a Magnitude 7.

Anyway, I will stay neutral since I am unsure about the place having magnitude 7 earthquake on a daily basis as that itself actually requires proof to say the least.
I was referring to the Richter Scale, not the Shindo Scale Japan uses (which I might add, they have this separate scale because of how common earthquakes are).

The wikipedia page on List of earthquakes in Japan I was referring to also lists the notable earthquakes magnitude (7+) using the Richter Scale.

I was referring to the Richter Scale, not the Shindo Scale Japan uses (which I might add, they have this separate scale because of how common earthquakes are).

The wikipedia page on List of earthquakes in Japan I was referring to also lists the notable earthquakes magnitude (7+) using the Richter Scale.
While fair enough on that, is there anything that actually confirmed it is a Magnitude 7 Earthquake that this character did stop along with a description of the effects of the Earthquake? If not, then it is technically unusable in that regard as well

Dust explosions work in a particular way that wouldn't really be work in this context, there has to be a certain amount of flammable airborne particles in an enclosed space that spark a chain reaction upon exposure to sufficient heat. If it were a dust explosion, there'd have to be a preliminary charge that dispersed dust into the surrounding air, which there isn't.
My guess is that he's using a directional explosive like a M18A1 Claymore, which should be small enough to fit on his chest
Any idea how using that would work?

Also earthquake was called a big one by the people that were there.

While fair enough on that, is there anything that actually confirmed it is a Magnitude 7 Earthquake that this character did stop along with a description of the effects of the Earthquake? If not, then it is technically unusable in that regard as well
This is the anime sub scene provided earlier in the thread, and this was a scan also provided earlier. It's at bare minimum enough to make Baki lose, and be unable to regain his balance having been running at Yujiro, and someone says 'it's big!' On the Shindo Scale, this would appear to meet the qualifications of the 4.5-5 rating. Despite both being scales related to earthquakes, the Shindo and Richter scales don't have conversions between one another, as they focus on different things (intensity vs magnitude respectively).

All of this to say that unless that translation from that guidebook provides one, we don't get an exact magnitude from anybody. Going off of context clues including the characters reactions, it's portrayal in the anime, and it occuring in Japan, it seems to all suggest the earthquake is definitely 'Strong,' or a 7 on the Richter Scale, with 'strong to violent shaking in the epicenter.'

Going off of context clues including the characters reactions, it's portrayal in the anime, and it occuring in Japan, it seems to all suggest the earthquake is definitely 'Strong,' or a 7 on the Richter Scale, with 'strong to violent shaking in the epicenter.'
...i can't find the context you're refering to that suggests the earthquake is a 7 in any way shape or form?

The Baki series needed an upgrade because most of the feat in the series were hardly utilized and were often downgrade for nonsensical reasons

...i can't find the context you're refering to that suggests the earthquake is a 7 in any way shape or form?
First two links, within the first sentence in that post you're quoting. They were linked in the thread before as well.
The Baki series needed an upgrade because most of the feat in the series were hardly utilized and were often downgrade for nonsensical reasons
Also agree. Waiting on a Lifting Strength feat from Biscuit Oliva to be evaluated.

This is the anime sub scene provided earlier in the thread, and this was a scan also provided earlier. It's at bare minimum enough to make Baki lose, and be unable to regain his balance having been running at Yujiro, and someone says 'it's big!' On the Shindo Scale, this would appear to meet the qualifications of the 4.5-5 rating. Despite both being scales related to earthquakes, the Shindo and Richter scales don't have conversions between one another, as they focus on different things (intensity vs magnitude respectively).

All of this to say that unless that translation from that guidebook provides one, we don't get an exact magnitude from anybody. Going off of context clues including the characters reactions, it's portrayal in the anime, and it occuring in Japan, it seems to all suggest the earthquake is definitely 'Strong,' or a 7 on the Richter Scale, with 'strong to violent shaking in the epicenter.'
Ngl, there is literally no context to suggest that is indeed a magnitude 7 Earthquakes and worse of all, the visuals ain’t exactly matching with that.

Also the Richer scale and Shindo scale does in fact used this modified scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back