• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki Discussion Thread 3

This fight is also more evidence for Retsu's instinctive reaction as well isn't it? Also good how you mentioned the Maximum Tournament, Baki18. I like how in the Maximum Tournament Katsumi needed to lose 3 times against Hanayama just to beat him once. But now he's losing just to not win too easily. Pretty great turn arond

Absolutely. You can tell that he started with this massive ego, what with being the prodigy he is and Doppo grooming him to surpass him, but after “losing” to Hanayama 3 times, getting oneshot by Retsu, and getting stomped by Dorian, you can see Katsumi start to lose faith in his karate, only for that faith and sense of passion for betterment to be restored when seeing what his father was capable of against Dorian, leading him to team up with Retsu, learn from Kaku, and become the hope of the future of both karate and Chinese Kempo, now having reached a level to where he’s now even improving on what was thought to be the perfect technique by even the likes of Kaku only a short time after. People who say Itagaki doesn’t know how to write a realistic character or an interesting character obviously don’t understand subtle nuisances, as all the main characters and most of the supporting cast go through massive personality shifts at least once in the series.

1) Sorry about the P&A CRT, some new stuff I overlooked in Musashi Dou has come up, so I’ll get that squared away, add the new Katsumi stuff from this fight after it finishes, and start it up
2) The lightning feat just got bumped up to 7-C, is that supposed to happen?

1) Sorry about the P&A CRT, some new stuff I overlooked in Musashi Dou has come up, so I’ll get that squared away, add the new Katsumi stuff from this fight after it finishes, and start it up
2) The lightning feat just got bumped up to 7-C, is that supposed to happen?
Wait which lighting feat?

And also how does it change the verse?

Wait which lighting feat?

And also how does it change the verse?
Yujiro’s lightning feat, and I think we decided not to scale people to it in the last P&A CRT, though if we still scale people to it, those that scale to or above the damage of the lightning feat would be 7-C

Original “How Strong is Yujiro Hanma” calc page was taken down, here’s the link to the new one from 4 days ago. Should we get these evaluated for our calc page, or does it not matter?
I believe we should do so. Especially the earthquake Yujiro stopped, more to support the good 7-B shit

Also Ken Kaneki has a 7-B feat for basically preforming the same feat as Yujiro, shaking all of Tokyo hell both Calcs have the same numbers

Alright, so iirc, to have these evaluated, I just post them to the proper thread? Just making sure that’s all, as iirc, I tried to get something evaluated before, but it never got evaluated.

New chapter spoilers

Wow, never thought we’d see the Soccer Kick again, we’ve only seen it twice in the series so far iirc, and the last time was in Baki v Jack. Also glad to see Sundome in Baki. Thought it was one of the cooler techniques in Garouden, and Kamiyama was one of my favorite characters. And of course, Doppo Orochi has FINALLY 100% been dethroned as the true Grandmaster of jobbing. Katsumi literally “won”, but chose to foreit instead of killing Shishimaru. That’s what we call a pro gamer move right there...

New chapter spoilers

Wow, never thought we’d see the Soccer Kick again, we’ve only seen it twice in the series so far iirc, and the last time was in Baki v Jack. Also glad to see Sundome in Baki. Thought it was one of the cooler techniques in Garouden, and Kamiyama was one of my favorite characters. And of course, Doppo Orochi has FINALLY 100% been dethroned as the true Grandmaster of jobbing. Katsumi literally “won”, but chose to foreit instead of killing Shishimaru. That’s what we call a pro gamer move right there...
Also the fact that Baki greeted Retsu, that a pretty nice moment :)

Alright, getting pretty close to being finished with the upcoming CRT, so I just wanted to let everyone know that I’m planning to finish up the changes we agreed on a couple of months ago (changing Enhanced Sixth Sense to Extrasensory Perception, fixing broken links, adding links where there are none, etc). Should be ready to move forward with the CRT by the end of the month (After the rest of Grappler Baki got translated, I’ve gotten stuff from the Max Tourney and currently on Baki Dou II, I’m onto the Doppo fight for scans).

Also why doesn’t Orochi straight up scale to Base Yujiro? I know about the statement about him not taking damage, but right afterwards Doppo does damage him, and Yujiro straight up uses Demon Back. So I actually think he might scale, sadly can’t post images on mobile but it’s all in vol 7 chapters 59-60.

Also why doesn’t Orochi straight up scale to Base Yujiro? I know about the statement about him not taking damage, but right afterwards Doppo does damage him, and Yujiro straight up uses Demon Back. So I actually think he might scale, sadly can’t post images on mobile but it’s all in vol 7 chapters 59-60.
I know what you’re talking about, and iirc, Doppo slitting Yujiro’s wrists was deemed a bit of an outlier or PIS to see DB Yujiro. Not only could Doppo not hurt base Yujiro, but DB Yujiro literally ripped chunks of his flesh off with every hit and proceeded to oneshot him, so it’s more likely that Doppo suddenly being able to hurt him was either PIS or some form of minor dura neg, as Doppo’s hands are always being compared to actual blades when chopping/piercing.

I wouldn’t exactly call that Dura Neg or even and outlier, since we have this as a unique key anyway that doesn’t scale to much.
I mean low 7-C is no different in terms of being an outlier or not.
I guess I could propose one thing, as seen with Baki in I think the first fight, some parts of his body are shown as more durable, like his body as opposed to his face, so wouldn’t Yujiro’s wrists count as a vital area?
Also DB Yujiro could likely stomp anyone on a similar level as his base form.

I wouldn’t exactly call that Dura Neg or even and outlier, since we have this as a unique key anyway that doesn’t scale to much.
I mean low 7-C is no different in terms of being an outlier or not.
I guess I could propose one thing, as seen with Baki in I think the first fight, some parts of his body are shown as more durable, like his body as opposed to his face, so wouldn’t Yujiro’s wrists count as a vital area?
Also DB Yujiro could likely stomp anyone on a similar level as his base form.
The only reason I’d think it was an outlier despite this being PD’s only REAL fight is because that is the one and only time Doppo even damages base Yujiro throughout the fight. Regardless, I would agree that the wrists would be a vital area. It’s definitely easier to slit veins in a wrist than break bones lmao

Good news guys! If you’re looking for an update for the CRT, I’m currently on the quarterfinals of the Maximum Tournament combing for anything we’ve missed and then I’ll be ready to launch it! Could be this or next week by my best estimate.

blche0aoxqc61.jpg

Yo Amlad22 people are noticing you on reddit

My presence on both the vs wiki and Baki Reddit is too much more these mere mortals to handle!!!

In all seriousness I was shocked to see someone spent the time to make a meme about me lol.

It was because of a “debate” with what I can only assume was a troll who said Doppo would stomp Jun with no difficulty. Once I could tell he wasn’t making any arguments and just stating his own head canon I had some fun with it.

Alright guys, I’ve finished gathering every scan I need from the beginning of Grappler Baki to to Hanayama vs Shachihoko fight in Dou II, but I’m still gathering the other half of Hana v Shach and of course Katsumi v Shishimaru. So I can either start the CRT with what I have and make another minor CRT after the current tournament ends, or I can just put everything so far (including the rest of Hana and Katsumi’s fights) in one CRT next week. Which would you guys prefer?

Also, found this on Reddit for any Garouden fans or those interested in picking it up to see what it’s about. I think this is going to cover the story of Katsumi’s biological brother and Kozue’s father before he passed away.

Well ladies and gents, I’ve got the ~1,500 scans all set, ~500-1000 of them are either additional support for current abilities on profiles or new powers to be added, and the rest are stats stuff, so, I should be ready to launch the major P&A CRT as soon as tomorrow (God willing after 7 months of scan hunting on my spare time).

Well ladies and gents, I’ve got the ~1,500 scans all set, ~500-1000 of them are either additional support for current abilities on profiles or new powers to be added, and the rest are stats stuff, so, I should be ready to launch the major P&A CRT as soon as tomorrow (God willing after 7 months of scan hunting on my spare time).
God bless you bro, cant wait to see all the work you done

Nah, nothing crazy like that, but I do remember another member, a retired staff member now, bringing this up in other CRTs in the past. I’ve decided to take a day to revise the CRT and leave out anything too controversial so that I can gauge community reactions to each one and so that they can have separate CRTs to themselves. Should drop the CRT today if everything goes according to plan. I’ll link it here and contact important peoples to discuss.

Btw guys, thought this was something interesting, I just found out that 0.5 Seconds Unconsciousness is a real thing called a microgenesis. “The ‘first half second’ in the title refers to the 500 msec (or half second) that follows presentation of a visual stimulus, which represents the time when the stimulus is ‘preconsciously’ processed.” This is the article I found if anyone is interested or wants to keep track to save time explaining what 0.5 Seconds Unconsciousness is in a Vs Debate.

Interesting news, we seem to have a new community member thats made a few profiles recently. They need a bit of strengthening, particularly in the P&A section and the Notable Techniques section, but by and by exceptional work imo! Its excellent to see more profiles for the verse!
Jyaku
Toba
Hanada
Suedo
Kosho

Back