• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki Discussion Thread 3

Since we cant post on old threads, we are doing a new one, I suppose.

Discuss anything Baki related
latest

Fresh new start for the Baki discussion forum, and I’m excited to finally get closer to revising some of the Baki stuff! Also looking forward to making some new profiles, particularly some Garouden ones

That's a badass profile Baki18. And man The Maximum Tournament Arc was like 20 times better in the manga just for how much better the art was. Like those fights felt just as well detailed and intense as Kengan ones. And all the brutality you can feel. Glorious

Also shouldn't we give Baki at least Low regeneration for recovering from his wounds like the shattered bones at an accelerated rate?

Also shouldn't we give Baki at least Low regeneration for recovering from his wounds like the shattered bones at an accelerated rate?
I was thinking low regen from that food thing he does, but that could work too. Not only was he able to give himself energy like he did both before fighting Asuedo and before fighting Jack, but he completely regained all of his lost muscle mass during the Raitai by doing the very same thing. It definitely wouldn’t be combat applicable (at least the food regen a la Oliva wouldn’t), but it should be mentioned on his profile

Also, nice profile pic yourself Yvel! Love to see that joint golem in all his glory

He did have that super recovery thing with Retsu. So he definitely at least has tissue healing for that. But it should be that or a little bit higher after he healed his arm getting torn out by Jack and just recovering from everything else. I also agree it wouldn't really be combat applicable.
And thanks!

New chapter’s out, and

SPOILERS BELOW

I can’t remember the last time Keisuke went through this much effort to pain-stakingly detail someone getting knocked the **** out. Hana’s a gd beast...

That's the power of a Brute Force user using technique. Even if it's far from conventional
Though interestingly enough, it’s been mentioned to be extremely difficult to dodge because it is a perfectly centered attack. The first hand victim said if he had dodged left or right, he still would’ve gotten half of his face smashed in, and it’s the same with ducking it or swaying back, so that’s pretty neat imo

Honestly even though Hanayama was leagues above Shachihoko, the endurance and overall determination to keep fighting was impressive. Dude was literally getting his brain smashed around the inside of his skull and he still stood his ground for the second uppercut.

Honestly even though Hanayama was leagues above Shachihoko, the endurance and overall determination to keep fighting was impressive. Dude was literally getting his brain smashed around the inside of his skull and he still stood his ground for the second uppercut.
Totally. All jokes about him getting slapped aside, his showings of endurance are waaaay high up there. Maybe not Hana, Shiba, Jack, or Ryuji level, but damn close to take a double Destructive Force and an uppercut from someone he could barely damage and live to tell about it

Though interestingly enough, it’s been mentioned to be extremely difficult to dodge because it is a perfectly centered attack. The first hand victim said if he had dodged left or right, he still would’ve gotten half of his face smashed in, and it’s the same with ducking it or swaying back, so that’s pretty neat imo
Yeah. Like what was mentioned in Baki's Amusement Tales of the strong. It's not some basic readable telegraphed attacked. A cannon that yoy can't predict the fire of. But speaking about the fights i'm honestly most curious about Baki's. Will Baki's opponent pose a threat or will Baki just style on him? Especially since Baki dosen't go savage mode like he used to neccessarily cause he no longer really needs to

Yeah. Like what was mentioned in Baki's Amusement Tales of the strong. It's not some basic readable telegraphed attacked. A cannon that yoy can't predict the fire of. But speaking about the fights i'm honestly most curious about Baki's. Will Baki's opponent pose a threat or will Baki just style on him? Especially since Baki dosen't go savage mode like he used to neccessarily cause he no longer really needs to
If Baki underestimates Honoo because of his size, that’s gunna seriously hurt his Info Analysis potency...
Kinda hoping he just blows through him, the man was an equal for Musashi and he could touch the star that is Yujiro

It would be bad but i doubt Baki would. Especially since he fights people way bigger and heavier than him all the time like Yasha Ape. And yeah Yujiro would be mad disssapointed if he got touched by fodder

Given that Honoo isn’t even the strongest among the Rikishi I’d say he’s getting bodied worse than poor Shachihoko. After all we already saw Baki playing around with Nomi in Base earlier in the arc.

Given that Honoo isn’t even the strongest among the Rikishi I’d say he’s getting bodied worse than poor Shachihoko. After all we already saw Baki playing around with Nomi in Base earlier in the arc.
Yeah, unless the lowest ranking sumo here somehow scales to the Yokozuna, Baki should have this easy <s> Inb4 Baki loses </s>

um, quick fyi for anybody here- i have recently reread the the black pentagon prison thingy saga, the pickle saga, the myamoto saga, and the baki vs yujiro saga, so if anybody needs any help with info, ask me, and ill try to help.

Oh yeah speaking of Retsu he should also be given instinctive reactions for using his "4001 years of chinse kenpo!" against Pickle even when he abandoned them and degraded himself into fighting like a 5 year old

Last edited:
Btw, I was wondering about something the other day, and I thought that this place would be one of the best to find out: who do you guys think in Baki could, in theory, pull off Jack’s 30 hour a day workout?

Oh yeah speaking of Retsu he should also be given instinictive reactions for using his "4001 years of chinse kenpo!" against Pickle even when he abandoned them and degraded himself into fighting like a 5 year old
Yup, it’s to be discussed (he also has a few other showings, like instinctively dislocating his boxing coach’s wrist

Btw, I was wondering about something the other day, and I thought that this place would be one of the best to find out: who do you guys think in Baki could, in theory, pull off Jack’s 30 hour a day workout?
I mean Baki has just as much stamina as him so yeah. Although the real question is can anyone else pull of the doing a mission for 131 hours straight that Gaia and 001 squadron pulled off

I’d say Jack and Baki could, possibly Yujiro, though we don’t see him get tired like ever, but he does have that swimming feat, Ryuji Tokura, as he’s basically unable to feel fatigue/pain, and probably Hana and Chiharu

Some things to discuss/think about is Retsu, Katsumi, and Jack backscaling to 7-C from Pickle, Yuichiro being a speed god tier, 7-B god tiers, and lifting strengths for people like Doppo and Retsu and anyone who scales to them, and Aiki

These are some of the main stat things to be discussed

btw, idk if people know this or not, but katsumi's ability to soften his body and use it for the mach punch is for his hole body, and not just for punches. so him damaging pickle straight scales to him normally. he just gets damaged by it cuz pickle is so tough and he had to use it at full power like, 3 or 4 times in a row.
i think retsu scales to myamoto in speed. he was slower, but there was no blitzing in that fight whatsoever.

Back