• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki Discussion Thread 3

Hi there.

I'm currently rereading the whole series, and since I'm spending my life on the wiki right now I thought I'd add pages for all the characters who don't have one yet, especially some of the maximum tournament ^^

I made a table listing all the fights of the first series and I'm reading the arc of the death row convicts.

Here it is, if you are interested.
(Purple text means I'm not sure yet)

There are some characters from the tournament that I didn't do, because I thought they were really too unimportant, even though I did some stats on them too, like Jitpika, Zulu's first opponent.

Anyway, the important thing is that these characters have pages, even if they are still a bit empty. It's much more encouraging to modify an already created page than to make it from scratch, find pictures, etc...

Last edited:
We really need to address the Low 7-C scaling problem. The statement that half-Demon Back Baki is 2x stronger than base comes from the anime and it does not exist in the manga.

Characters like Hanayama backscaling to Pickle and Yujiro using the 2x multiplier difference. There's also Jun who backscales from Biscuit.

These characters should not be Low 7-C. In fact, they should at the very least be Low 7-C+ if we want to backscale from the baseline 7-C the God tiers currently scale to. Otherwise flat 7-C themselves.

Characters like Hanayama backscaling to Pickle and Yujiro using the 2x multiplier difference. There's also Jun who backscales from Biscuit.

These characters should not be Low 7-C. In fact, they should at the very least be Low 7-C+ if we want to backscale from the baseline 7-C the God tiers currently scale to. Otherwise flat 7-C themselves.
I’m actually going to address that in the next CRT

How about "At least Low 7-C" or "At most 7-C"?
7-C seems a bit high since those characters weren't able to actually damage Yujiro, Oliva & co at all. And we don't know the full extent of their power.
Plus it seems that Yujiro's earthquake feat wasn't far above the limit of 7-C at all and was pretty close from being Low 7-C himself. Getting characters who can just slightly harm the likes of Oliva Low 7-C doesn't feels wrong to me ^^

Last edited:
We really need to address the Low 7-C scaling problem. The statement that half-Demon Back Baki is 2x stronger than base comes from the anime and it does not exist in the manga.
I thought this was already dealt with in the last AP CRT? The Hanma Blood awakening form just goes from being 2x stronger to stronger to an unknown degree, as we no longer have a concrete modifier

The 2x doesn't exist. It's an anime only thing. It's not canon.

The 2x doesn't exist. It's an anime only thing. It's not canon.
Yes, that’s what we decided, so Baki’s Hanma Blood Awakening would not have a modifier. As for the form itself, it does happen in the manga, but only once against Retsu after he almost breaks his neck

In the previous chapter, Chapter 327: Wake Up, with a flurry of pressure point attacks ending with a finger stabbing into Baki’s belly, Baki changes his mannerisms to be more like Yujiro. Yujiro describes this as the awakening of Baki’s Hanma blood. In Chapter 328, we see the results of this awakening when Baki, who was previously Retsu’s equal, totally dominates him, even when Retsu attempts cheap tricks like the Invisible Squash and a pinky nail eye gouge. Not does Baki emit an intimidation aura after the fight according to Motobe and Katou (iirc), but when he finally awakens his Demon Back against Jack in the final round, Retsu awakens in the E.R. due to nightmares of Baki’s bloodlust.

Okay, I understand. But there is no clear indication that it was the demon back, unlike his confrontation with Jack where everyone saw it immediately when it appeared, and all the other times he used it, it was clearly mentioned.
My proposal was not to make him stronger during Retsu, but stronger after he faced it. Because otherwise there was no justification for him to be stronger than Sikorshy and equal to Jack. He may have had a "sub-demon back" against Retsu, no problem, but I saw it more like a power up or him simply giving Retsu his all rather than as a transformation. And when he faced Jack and was at his level, he was clearly not in the same state of "yujironess" as when he defeated Retsu.

Last edited:
Right, it’s not the Demon Back. Yujiro kind of insinuates after the fact that, by not killing Retsu, he failed to fully awaken the Hanma Blood, thus not achieving Demon Back until fighting Jack. What I’m referring to is that this awakening that he did experience fighting Retsu is the reason why Baki went from equal to Retsu to defeating him with ease and why he was Jack’s equal during their last encounter during the tournament.

blche0aoxqc61.jpg

Yo Amlad22 people are noticing you on reddit
che would literally wipe his own ass with spec's face

Bump.

Do you have anything against the proposals I made in this thread? Can I make these changes?
It doesn't only concern the two changes made in the first post, I also suggested multiples changes for the death row convicts below.

The Low 7-C guys should still stay in their tier if you ask me. Oliva is barely above baseline and he’s above the Low 7-C guys by an absurd amount to the point where most can’t even hurt him. The ones who can cause minor damage to the 7-C’s (Che and Hanayama) already have a possibly 7-C attached to their rating so I see no issues. That’s my quick input but there’s a lot to discuss.

Alright two things

1.Who do you guys think is going to fight Nomi II next?

2. Really liked Baki vs Honoo especially when Honoo took Baki stance, great fight

Guys I think I look at Yujiro dodging the lighting all wrong. The feat just a statement that he can dodge lightring can he that still scale to MHS or does that still require us to calc it

The problem is exactly that. We only know he can dodge lightning, but only that. There are two main ways to interpret that: Either he can dodge lightning if he happens to be walking around, which would require speeds as low as Supersonic, or he can dodge lightning no matter how close it is, which we can extend infinitely.

I mean, we could consider him to be about as fast as lightning, meaning that he should be able to dodge it under most circumstances, but not only is it outlierish (Note that for me, that is not a problem, especially concerining Yujiro, who is an outlier), but the circumstances involved are precisely what makes lightning dodging be a thing.

The problem is exactly that. We only know he can dodge lightning, but only that. There are two main ways to interpret that: Either he can dodge lightning if he happens to be walking around, which would require speeds as low as Supersonic, or he can dodge lightning no matter how close it is, which we can extend infinitely.

I mean, we could consider him to be about as fast as lightning, meaning that he should be able to dodge it under most circumstances, but not only is it outlierish (Note that for me, that is not a problem, especially concerining Yujiro, who is an outlier), but the circumstances involved are precisely what makes lightning dodging be a thing.
Fair

But Yujiro has another MHS calc that armor said yes to >:)

I know that calc, I thought it was denied for some reason. Cool to see it was accepted.

In any case, personally I'd have no problem with MHS Yujiro, really. It's somewhat consistent, even.

Not gonna lie though, I really dislike calculations in a general sense

I'm starting to think oliva would maybe deserve a Low 7-C instead of a 7-C. Yujiro's earthquake feat was at the limit of being Low 7-C itself and Oliva is obviously weaker.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think oliva would maybe deserve a Low 7-C instead of a 7-C. Yujiro's earthquake feat was at the limit of being Low 7-C itself and Oliva is obviously weaker.
Two things

1. The earthquake feat is something I’m going to address in the next CTR

2. Nah Olivia should scale he has enough feats to put him at that level of strength

I don't think it is needed, as everyone here seems to know Baki well enough, but just to not repeat what happened one time here... That "feat" of Oliva and Che breaking the world's GPS systems isn't related to AP at all. It proves something else but nothing even vaguely related to AP.

I have a question.
I'm reading the Raitai to create pages, but in your opinion which tier has sick Baki?
He gets knocked out by a casual Retsu attack, but beats people who are supposed to have Retsu's level.
Not gonna create him a key, but should he be 9-A?

Last edited:
Unclear, but the other Kaioh's aren't on the same level as Retsu. That feat alone proves that, and Kaku also stated that there are the title of Kaioh was stained, with people unworthy of it being given the title. So much that he considered Dorian one of the few worthy Kaiohs, and a practically catatonic Dorian tanked several attacks from one of the "elite" fighters Kaku brought without any serious damage.

Unless I'm misremembering something.

Most of the Kaioh are 9-B. They’re far, far, far weaker than Retsu to the point where he treats one as a child. There’s a few Kaioh that are 9-A like Hán, Jyaku, Dorian and probably Yoh but that’s it.

Back