• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If you wanna start reading Baki I recommend the anime first to get you an idea of what your watching. Afterwards I recommend using manga dex to continue reading the series.

A guy I know from discord did a great analysis of Musashi from Baki, who in my opinion is the best written character in the series. And I would love to explain it

Musashi is a man revered and, to a degree, almost worshipped in their respective setting. The former is seen as the pinnacle of human strength.
Miyamoto Musashi's reputation in Baki is just as significant and glorified. Based on real life, his image is that of a god of fighting, a man responsible for the death of many a hundered warriors - the absolute pinnacle of martial arts and human strength.
we take a look at his characterization. Musashi is driven by the lust for power, constantly craving some unstoppable force to test their might against and overcome; but due to their uncontested strength, they lack the foe they seek
This inherently selfish desire is put in stark constrast to his general portrayal and reputation. Musashi seen as pinnacles of enlightenment, someone to be followed and applauded for their wisdom and skill. Musashi is known as a sword-saint (Kensei). They have highly influential and significant schools under them (the Niten Ichi-ryuu) Yet despite his status and acclaim he’s deeply unsatisfied, the entirety of their actions being informed by their lust for a challenge.
This manifests in various, morally questionable behaviors and attitudes. His mindset has an inherently dehumanizing quality - he stop seeing people as people, but rather as a means to an end. In a way, everything is judged by its potential to benefit them in this specific way
Musashi is presented to be at the absolute pinnacle of human wisdom and strength, but over the course of the series it becomes apparent that his history and reputation have been heavily romantisized, and the man that they so revere is just a self-absorbed hedonist.
To establish some context, one of the main themes of the Grappler Baki series has always been purity - purity in intention, action, even in violence; it has always been about shedding preconceived notions of glory, monetary gain, publicity or any other motivation
you fight for the sake of fighting and nothing else - being absorbed in the moment, being absorbed in your craft; that is what truly defines the human experience if you ask Keisuke Itagaki. And Miyamoto Musashi stands in contrast to all of that. Born in a period where cutting was the only way for a man to advance in life, he made it the sole purpose to refine and perfect his cutting in any way imaginable. He sees his opponent merely as a key to his next meal or his next riches. This is conveyed in terms of visual metaphors in Baki.
Impressions and imagination play a big role in the series, and in Baki Dou even more than in any installment before. In his first meeting with Baki, the young boy sees Musashi as a weapon of mass destruction, whereas he himself is perceived as a landscape of prepared and
refined delicacies. Musashi only sees the things Baki can offer him, only the things he can use for himself before going about his day, whereas Baki sees something insurmountable, something that doesn't offer anything beyond itself.

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

The point is driven even further home in the clash between Miyamoto Musashi and Hanma Yujiro. This conversation directly points out the lack of purity in Miyamoto Musashi. Whereas Musashi sees Yujiro as endless piles of gold, Yujiro only sees Musashi for who he truly is - Musashi

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1902.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

Musashi aims to make a name for himself by cutting his way up the societal ladder, just like he did during his lifetime, but he is painfully aware that this is not possible - the age of warfare is over, violence serves no real purpose other than a self-fulfilling one. Using it as a means of advancement or for any higher goal is not in line with the zeitgeist. H is plagued by a deep loneliness only men of his caliber relate to, and they he actively and almost forcably try to change the world around him, by any means necessary, so that maybe his impossible desires could be fulfilled in some way, shape or form. Musashi has the drive to contort and shape reality in a way that furthers their ideals, no matter what lengths they have to go to. Starting with Musashi, this facet of his character is explored in a rather unique way. Musashi's conflict is one of displacement. He is not a human being that is supposed to be alive in the current age, all the things ingrained in every fiber of his being are completely stuck in their time. His way of life, his way of combat, his way of engaging with the world. Musashi is aware that the time he has been revived into is not one that's suitable to his ideals and aspirations - yet he does the most to make the world submit to his conditions instead. He is ready to do whatever necessary to ensure that he cuts his way up the societal ladder

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

Damn, that’s deep. Musashi is such an interestingly written character. He’s fun because you can just turn your brain off and enjoy scary slashy man, but he’s great because he has some insane depth to him. Definitely a character that Itagaki’s masterful character writing did justice.

Damn, that’s deep. Musashi is such an interestingly written character. He’s fun because you can just turn your brain off and enjoy scary slashy man, but he’s great because he has some insane depth to him. Definitely a character that Itagaki’s masterful character writing did justice.
Nah fr. I wanna go more into detail for more characters since again because nobody actually reads the manga. Itagaki is a really good writer lol

Mmm, I see the creator knows some truths about monkeys 🐵 that's good.... And makes sense

Aww I calculated that in Baseline Building before </3
Huh, strange, I don't really get how.
Calcs aren't supposed to be plastic or varying depending on who calc it when there is that few room for interpretation, if we found that much difference, it's likely that one of us ****** up somewhere or forgot something. ^^'
Could I take a look at it?

Baseline 8-C (1.046e+9) is about two third of the average power of a lightning (1.50e+9).
8-B+ (2.32e+11) Is more than 4 times the force needed to destroy the entire construction of a large 350m² house (walls, floor, ceilings, everything).
Let's not be ridiculous. He just bented a hole about his own size in a reinforced concrete floor. 8-B+ sounds more like one of Yujiro's over-the-top feats.

What about Zargon shaking the whole Korakuen arena? They already made a calc for the hole itself but they ignored the Korakuen's arena shaking which is way more impressive.
I will calc it the day I learn how to calc a building tremor.

Last edited:
Nah not really. Stop pretending that the verse caps at 9-A when we have feats that are clearly above that and with majority of not all of the AP feats being done in Baki casually.
Also the new AP feats of the verse have already been accepted, I just need to see how the scaling goes with the multipliers

Last edited:
I still remember that time you claimed Pickle tanked the meteor that killed the dinosaurs head-on because you were asked for more tier 7 feats to support that Yujiro's earthquake was not an outlier.
I also remember when Doppo said to kehaya that he was feeling better than ever, and you were the only one going around like "omg omg OMFG I knew prime doppo didn't exists, it means yuji is ABOVE his earthquake by now OMG OMG OMG OMG"

You're one of the most invested guys here and that's good, but you're not someone I'd ask if I really wanted to make a consistent scaling. There are too many times when you just wanked characters and made fun of those who disagreed, and you usually use a ton of appeal to emotion to explain your point. You're a bit like JackHanmaFan. ^^'
That's blatantly rude of me and I'm sorry about that, it's just that as the forum doesn't have a block option, I prefer to clarify that I don't want to debate about that with you in particular. You have too much of a tendency to get caught up in your hype to stay cohesive and down to earth. Not to mention that you sometimes edit tiers without doing a crt first.

I don't want Yujiro Tier 9-A. There are valid arguments for both Yujiro being tier 8 and 7, my opinion is that we should ultimately gives him in particular a varying tier, but if we ABSOLUTELY had to give a single definitive tier, we can't ignore that the majority of his serious or angry feats, that are depicted as showing his actual strength, are more mid/high tier 8-ish. Raitai floor being cracked, him just shaking the hotel he's in after Ali jr leave, the fact that he needs to puts some effort to push 100 men in front of the prime minister office among other things, those are just random examples from the first two series. ^^
To me, that is simply more consistent than relying on the only actual tier 7 feat he has. Even if he's hyped as being stronger than an atom bomb. That's still one feat and a half versus a lot. And please, don't make up your own. There are no others than those two, you're the only one who claims there are more.
Some years ago, when battleboarders had to choose between High 6-A or 5-C 23rd tenkaichi Goku, they listed the inconsistencies created by any of the tiers, in my opinion, the same should be done for Yujiro, and that would make him tier 8-ish.

But that's in a scenario where we ABSOLUTELY need to give a single tier to Yujiro.

I'm not saying that Yujiro is undebatably tier 8. A few months ago, @EliminatorVenom posted a thread explaining that the durability and ap of baki characters was hard to estimate because it was actually very variable as opposed to usual shonens, and everyone seemed to agree with it but nobody did anything at the time. If we really wanted to make a consistent and definitive scaling, we would have to put varies everywhere in the tiers actually.

Last edited:
Ok to be honest yeah sometimes I do get annoying about the whole Baki stuff and I do take it a bit to far. But I do disagree with your points on the matter

I still remember that time you claimed Pickle tanked the meteor that killed the dinosaurs head-on because you were asked for more tier 7 feats to support that Yujiro's earthquake was not an outlier.
I also remember when Doppo said to kehaya that he was feeling better than ever, and you were like "omg omg OMFG I knew prime doppo didn't exists, it means yuji is ABOVE his earthquake by now OMG OMG OMG OMG"

The scientists of the Baki world blatantly just state that Pickle survived the impact that kill the dinosaurs. That’s something we can’t ignore. And I’ve stated multiple feats that do put them above tier seven, one of them being a guidebook statement by Itagaki that came out when Dou was in publication, it’s very clear he still thinks his characters are on that level.

I mean again Doppo in Dou 2018 is very clearly the strongest he has ever been. Power creep in Baki is insane. So to even think that he’s hasn’t gotten any stronger is just being facetious. Yujiro is stated verbatim to get stronger passively by the moment with a chapter in Dou2018 supporting this. The who point of Baki is that characters need to try and catch up with Yujiro ( not saying they have the same AD because of course not lmao). So saying that Doppo hasn’t gotten stronger is just wrong

Also to address what you said about me personally yeah no I don’t really disagree what with you said. Yeah I do get annoyed in crt but I’ve have try to get better in the year. Also yeah originally the pages were really bad, buts that was because we haven’t specified the keys more definitively. We should have keys for every arc instead of just SoO and Dou keys since it becomes to vague especially Yujiro.

I don’t think the solution is a varying tier. Yujiro does gets stronger with every arc and we would have to specify which keys what characters would scale to. In my opinion it’s far better than just going “idk he’s whatever tier”

Most of the feats you listed is either Yujiro not trying or like you say early on the series. Also I literally don’t know how else to say this there is a guide book statement by Itagaki that he’s is above nukes it’s literally not hype. You lose that one I’m sorry there’s nothing else you can say to disprove that. I don’t really have to fetch the rest of the feats and statements because that’s enough for vs wiki my guy . But I can tell you that there are others statements just like it that will support the guide one.

But yeah if you want to know we are going to make Yujiro more than one tier. It’s just makes the scaling harder for people to understand if we keep it like this

Also to add onto @EliminatorVenom thread it’s just that people don’t care about Baki here. It’s just me making the threads lol.

Anyway man I don’t really want any hard feelings. But I just fundamentally disagree with the way you scale Baki and from what I’ve shown people like my new scaling for the Baki verse. It’s gonna be a big one lol

But anyway idrc. I just wanna fix the verse in more than AP. Like holy shit the skill feats are way more impressive and it’s not even explained well. Also P&A are ass too

I also remember when Doppo said to kehaya that he was feeling better than ever, and you were the only one going around like "omg omg OMFG I knew prime doppo didn't exists, it means yuji is ABOVE his earthquake by now OMG OMG OMG OMG"

You're one of the most invested guys here and that's good, but you're not someone I'd ask if I really wanted to make a consistent scaling. There are too many times when you just wanked characters and made fun of those who disagreed, and you usually use a ton of appeal to emotion to explain your point. You're a bit like JackHanmaFan. ^^'
That's blatantly rude of me and I'm sorry about that, it's just that as the forum doesn't have a block option, I prefer to clarify that I don't want to debate about that with you in particular. You have too much of a tendency to get caught up in your hype to stay cohesive and down to earth. Not to mention that you sometimes edit tiers without doing a crt first.

I don't want Yujiro Tier 9-A. There are valid arguments for both Yujiro being tier 8 and 7, my opinion is that we should ultimately gives him in particular a varying tier, but if we ABSOLUTELY had to give a single definitive tier, we can't ignore that the majority of his serious or angry feats, that are depicted as showing his actual strength, are more mid/high tier 8-ish. Raitai floor being cracked, him just shaking the hotel he's in after Ali jr leave, the fact that he needs to puts some effort to push 100 men in front of the prime minister office among other things, those are just random examples from the first two series. ^^
To me, that is simply more consistent than relying on the only actual tier 7 feat he has. Even if he's hyped as being stronger than an atom bomb. That's still one feat and a half versus a lot. And please, don't make up your own. There are no others than those two, you're the only one who claims there are more.
Some years ago, when battleboarders had to choose between High 6-A or 5-C 23rd tenkaichi Goku, they listed the inconsistencies created by any of the tiers, in my opinion, the same should be done for Yujiro, and that would make him tier 8-ish.

But that's in a scenario where we ABSOLUTELY need to give a single tier to Yujiro.

I'm not saying that Yujiro is undebatably tier 8. A few months ago, @EliminatorVenom posted a thread explaining that the durability and ap of baki characters was hard to estimate because it was actually very variable as opposed to usual shonens, and everyone seemed to agree with it but nobody did anything at the time. If we really wanted to make a consistent and definitive scaling, we would have to put varies everywhere in the tiers actually.
I just read the first bit and I instantly agree with everything 🙈

NotoriouSoda definitely makes it much harder to support/help baki profiles for me personally kinda...

I do like, that he at least want to try to fix the profiles tho I personally think it's from a they are too weak mindset and want them like around light speed and probably country lvl for god tiers but yee 🙈

I just want accurate af profiles... With proof, kinda as proof on this site is weird but yee

Last edited:
I just read the first bit and I instantly agree with everything 🙈

NotoriouSoda definitely makes it much harder to support/help baki profiles for me personally kinda...

I do like, that he at least want to try to fix the profiles tho I personally think it's from a they are too weak mindset and want them like around light speed and probably country lvl for god tiers but yee 🙈
Bruh I’m not that bad lmaooo I have a cap too💀

To fix the verse is just to do more and more calcs and more and more revision for profiles...

The mindset of only thinking about god tiers getting upgraded won't help 😅🙉

People forget Yujiro did that feat at the beginning of the series and there was a 4 year time skip where he got insane stronger but then again crt for later

Where would you rank the god tiers in ap if you had to pick?

Also don't know what that mean... Doesn't even make sense as well... To me or your sentence 🐵
Tier 7 Maybeee really low into the island level but could be closer to the High 7-A stuff

Where would you rank the god tiers in ap if you had to pick?

Also don't know what that mean... Doesn't even make sense as well... To me or your sentence 🐵
It means I don’t agree with country level Baki or anything higher

Like I’m sorry I’m not that much of a fanboy to wank it that high.

Tier 7 Maybeee really low into the island level but could be closer to the High 7-A stuff
Mountain... I mean baki thinks something like this

.... Man I'm to lazy with scans... But the prison arc on biscuit Oliva exploding the prison and stuff

He thought that was so impossible... So I very much doubt large mountain lvl for where I'm at currently

Yuijro tho is different as he is kinda able to do the impossible tho large mountain too much I think still

I just mean with multipliers and stuff that we’re accepted lol. Like Baki sex amp just increased his stats to 4x and there are more amps throughout the series

Mountain... I mean baki thinks something like this

.... Man I'm to lazy with scans... But the prison arc on biscuit Oliva exploding the prison and stuff

He thought that was so impossible... So I very much doubt large mountain lvl for where I'm at currently

Yuijro tho is different as he is kinda able to do the impossible tho large mountain too much I think still
I think he’s gonna range into the city levels instead of mountains. Oliva gets kinda left in the dust after the prison arc

Back