• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Roronoa Zoro vs Ryuko Matoi
  • Battle location: Onigashima
  • Both in-character
  • Starting distance: 50 meters
  • Speed is equalized
  • Post-Mink Medicine Zoro and Post Junketsu Ryuko are used
Zoro:

Ryuko:

Inconclusive:

Zoro's AP: 760 teratons in base, 1.032 petatons with Buso, higher with Enma and/or Haoshoku (and other stat amps like Goken), and even higher with En-O Santoryu

Zoro's LS: Class T

Ryuko's AP: Higher than 1.78 petatons, higher with Accelerated Development and Scissor Blades

Ryuko's LS: Class P

does he have a way past funny ryuko regen?
From what I've seen, pretty sure if she runs out of stamina she won't be able to regenerate anymore. If any part of her body is cut from both sides, it won't regenerate, and considering Zoro's three sword style, he could possibly manage this. Another possibility is that the Buso Haki could negate her regeneration, since it's capable of negating other high-mid forms of Logia regeneration, though I'm not positive on that point.

I think it'd be pretty hard for Zoro to hone in on that weakness of cutting her in half from both sides. I don't think that's a normal thing to try and accomplish. I don't know anything about Haki so I won't comment on that, I'm just wondering how long it would take for Zoro to figure out what he has to do, because I don't think he's going to tire Ryuko out giving her willpower.

Ryuko had higher AP and LS, so are there wincons for Zoro?
Zoro has his Kenbonshoku Haki which would allow him to better predict Ryuko's movements, he can increase his AP with both Busoshoku Haki and Haoshoku Infusion, and could potentially speed-blitz Ryuko with his Iai attacks.

From what I've seen, pretty sure if she runs out of stamina she won't be able to regenerate anymore.
Her regen isnt stamina based, but post-juketsu Ryuko she has the stamina to fight nonstop for a month straight and Senketsu can function near-indefinitely on a single drop of her blood
Another possibility is that the Buso Haki could negate her regeneration, since it's capable of negating other high-mid forms of Logia regeneration, though I'm not positive on that point.
Life Fiber regen isnt like Logia regen so that most likely wouldnt work

Zoro has his Kenbonshoku Haki which would allow him to better predict Ryuko's movements
That might not even help him given that in this key she is at the point of outright bypassing Sanageyama's insane passive analytical prediction and clairvoyance
he can increase his AP with both Busoshoku Haki and Haoshoku Infusion
Unless he kills her quickly, she will very likely reach that level herself

That might not even help him given that in this key she is at the point of outright bypassing Sanageyama's insane passive analytical prediction and clairvoyance
Kenbunshoku Haki >>>> Sana's Analytical Prediction.

Plus Zoro's Analytical is layered, he has two separate forms of Analytical Prediction from his swordsmanship alone, and with Kenbunshoku Haki he has layered Precognition. Not future sight level (but has the chance to do so, as Haki grows in battle, so even if she could somehow bypass Zoro's Precognition and Analytical Prediction his Haki would be growing to match her.)

Also Zoro can bypass her regeneration without even cutting her in a scissor formation (which he can do.), her regeneration isn't enough to recover from being vaporized by Hiryū: Kaen which can vaporize opponents within a few seconds.

If I hadn't made it clear I'm voting Zoro.

His Information Analysis (which he has 2 of.) and his layered Extrasensory Perception should alert him that ending the battle quickly would be his best choice (something he already does in character.), and after damaging her a few times and seeing her regenerate, Zoro would analyze her to find her weakness. That being the scissor slashing or him opting to use Hiryū: Kaen.

Zoro has the skill advantage, is more agile, has methods of negating or bypassing her regeneration, several forms of Analytical Prediction and Information Analysis, and can fight for longer periods of time.

Kenbunshoku Haki >>>> Sana's Analytical Prediction.
Proof?
Plus Zoro's Analytical is layered, he has two separate forms of Analytical Prediction from his swordsmanship alone, and with Kenbunshoku Haki he has layered Precognition. Not future sight level (but has the chance to do so, as Haki grows in battle, so even if she could somehow bypass Zoro's Precognition and Analytical Prediction his Haki would be growing to match her.)
Sana's is layered as well though? Its explicitly stated to get better with each Goku Uniform upgrade he gets. And growing to match her is going to be hard when Ryuko will also be growing the entire time
Also Zoro can bypass her regeneration without even cutting her in a scissor formation (which he can do.), her regeneration isn't enough to recover from being vaporized by Hiryū: Kaen which can vaporize opponents within a few seconds.
He CAN, but he doesnt know that he has to, big difference there. And given Ryuko's insane heat resistance, vaporization from a weaker opponent who is just using heat isnt likely to occur.
His Information Analysis (which he has 2 of.) and his layered Extrasensory Perception should alert him that ending the battle quickly would be his best choice (something he already does in character.),
Already addressed the info analysis and ESP issue.
and after damaging her a few times and seeing her regenerate, Zoro would analyze her to find her weakness.
My guy, it took a team of the most intelligent scientists in the world with the most advanced analytical equipment on the world years to figure out the weakness to Life Fibers, Zoro isnt figuring out shit just from looking at Ryuko.
That being the scissor slashing or him opting to use Hiryū: Kaen.
He doesnt know how o bypass her regen and her heat resistance is more than enough to withstand Kaen
Zoro has the skill advantage, is more agile, has methods of negating or bypassing her regeneration, several forms of Analytical Prediction and Information Analysis, and
The only thing in that list that he actually has is a skill advantage, everything else thus far is bunk
can fight for longer periods of time.
Scans of him fighting for a month straight? Because Ryuko and people she scales to can fight for a month straight.

Read the profiles, Zoro has two separate forms of Analytical Prediction both of which work in conjunction together, amongst Kenbunshoku which has the following, Mind Reading, Intent & Emotion sensing precognition, muscle movement based precognition, promotion based precognition (Lesser variant of Future sight.) and finally there's the full blown Future sight which Zoro can develop mid fight here.
Sana's is layered as well though? Its explicitly stated to get better with each Goku Uniform upgrade he gets. And growing to match her is going to be hard when Ryuko will also be growing the entire time.
That's not layered, that's just evolution. Kenbunshoku Haki has feats against other users who have precognition, higher levels of Kenbunshoku can outright negate lower levels of Kenbunshoku Haki.

All Sanageyama's does is allow him to read the opponent's next attacks based on their muscle movement and through sensing his opponent's. He isn't looking into the future or reading minds.

He CAN, but he doesnt know that he has to, big difference there. And given Ryuko's insane heat resistance, vaporization from a weaker opponent who is just using heat isnt likely to occur.
How good is her heat resistance? He would indeed know how to via his information Analysis allowing him to see weaknesses and such, and Zoro uses dragon Blaze early on in character.

Dragon Blaze is durability negation weekly, Ryuko isnt surviving having potent flames spawned inside her that turn the opponents into ashes.
Already addressed the info analysis and ESP issue.
You really haven't.
My guy, it took a team of the most intelligent scientists in the world with the most advanced analytical equipment on the world years to figure out the weakness to Life Fibers, Zoro isnt figuring out shit just from looking at Ryuko.
That's great, do they have passive information Analysis that's layered? No? Cool. Your acting as if Ryuko's fibers have a resistance against Information Analysis.
He doesnt know how o bypass her regen and her heat resistance is more than enough to withstand Kaen.
Gonna disagree with that, first of all it's durability negation and secondly Kaen would have worked on Kaidou if he didn't dodge. Ryuko's resistance is not enough to negate that level of heat, especially in that fashion.
The only thing in that list that he actually has is a skill advantage, everything else thus far is bunk.
Not really, Kenbunshoku Haki is better than Saza's Analytical Prediction, and Kaen would indeed overpower her regeneration.
Scans of him fighting for a month straight? Because Ryuko and people she scales to can fight for a month straight.
Scans of anyone in KLK ever fighting for a month? And don't use "Oh this character spent a month non stop making life fibers." because that's very different than fighting for a month.

Zoro scales to people who can go at it for days.

Last edited:
Thing is, Ryuko was matched up against Kaido and defeated him, so not sure what Zoro's got which Kaido didn't, though there weren't many One Piece supporters to argue for Kaido.

Read the profiles, Zoro has two separate forms of Analytical Prediction both of which work in conjunction together, amongst Kenbunshoku which has the following, Mind Reading, Intent & Emotion sensing precognition, muscle movement based precognition, promotion based precognition (Lesser variant of Future sight.) and finally there's the full blown Future sight which Zoro can develop mid fight here.
Yes, Sanageyama has all of those things and Ryuko in this key is effectively undetectable to him in combat
All Sanageyama's does is allow him to read the opponent's next attacks based on their muscle movement and through sensing his opponent's. He isn't looking into the future or reading minds.
Yare yare...i need to update those KLK profiles, but no, he does canonically gain the ability to read minds once he blinds himself.
How good is her heat resistance?
Able to endure standing in fire, her blood boiling, her body being subjected to enough energy to make her flesh boil, heat hot enough to melt stone, the heat of atmospheric reentry
He would indeed know how to via his information Analysis allowing him to see weaknesses and such, and Zoro uses dragon Blaze early on in character.
Again, no, not only does Sanageyama do that via his senses but its literally the only thing that Iori's Goku Uniform does, to the point of letting him oneshot opponents significantly stronger than himself by analyzing their data, but it took him years of studying life fibers with his tech to figure out the weakness of Life Fibers. Zoro isnt figuring that out.
Dragon Blaze is durability negation weekly, Ryuko isnt surviving having potent flames spawned inside her that turn the opponents into ashes.
His profile says it is limited, and her heat resistance would be more than sufficient to allow her to resist it
That's great, do they have passive information Analysis that's layered? No? Cool. Your acting as if Ryuko's fibers have a resistance against Information Analysis.
They do have that, yes, and honestly she should have a resistance to info analysis, i'll add it to the profile cleanup im working on for her
Not really, Kenbunshoku Haki is better than Saza's Analytical Prediction, and Kaen would indeed overpower her regeneration.
How would it overpower her regeneration? She has regenerated from her own flesh burning before on top of having heat resistance sufficient to resist the heat outright.
Scans of anyone in KLK ever fighting for a month? And don't use "Oh this character spent a month non stop making life fibers." because that's very different than fighting for a month.

Zoro scales to people who can go at it for days.
I can try to get a gif of it but the Elite Four spent a month straight fighting the COVERs that invaded Honouiji before their uniforms gave out and even then they were still capable of continuing to fight

Yes, Sanageyama has all of those things and Ryuko in this key is effectively undetectable to him in combat.
No he doesn't, at least according to the profile and he damn sure doesn't have future sight.
Yare yare...i need to update those KLK profiles, but no, he does canonically gain the ability to read minds once he blinds himself.
Then make the CRT, plus even with that low levels of Kenbunshoku Haki already grants that so it's not really impressive in comparison to Zoro's Kenbunshoku.
Able to endure standing in fire, her blood boiling, her body being subjected to enough energy to make her flesh boil, heat hot enough to melt stone, the heat of atmospheric reentry..
Not enough to ignore Kaen then. Kaen has scaling that puts it above lightning temperature, it would have affected Kaidou who's resistance scales to Akainu's passive heat.
Again, no, not only does Sanageyama do that via his senses but its literally the only thing that Iori's Goku Uniform does, to the point of letting him oneshot opponents significantly stronger than himself by analyzing their data, but it took him years of studying life fibers with his tech to figure out the weakness of Life Fibers. Zoro isnt figuring that out.
And yet none of the characters have multiple forms of Information like Zoro does, Zoro has at least 3 forms of Information Analysis, 2 from his natural skill and 1 from Kenbunshoku Haki.
His profile says it is limited, and her heat resistance would be more than sufficient to allow her to resist it.
No it wouldn't, Kaen would have affected Kaidou and was forced to dodge it. Kaidou’s resistance is casually above anything Ryuko has shown.
They do have that, yes, and honestly she should have a resistance to info analysis, i'll add it to the profile cleanup im working on for her.
They don't at the moment so this is a moot point.
How would it overpower her regeneration? She has regenerated from her own flesh burning before on top of having heat resistance sufficient to resist the heat outright.
Again, no her resistance is not enough to cover Kaen's levels of heat and hax.
I can try to get a gif of it but the Elite Four spent a month straight fighting the COVERs that invaded Honouiji before their uniforms gave out and even then they were still capable of continuing to fight
Cool, let's see it.

Last edited:
No he doesn't, at least according to the profile and he damn sure doesn't have future sight.

Then make the CRT.

They don't at the moment so this is a moot point.

Again, no her resistance is not enough to cover Kaen's levels of heat and hax.
Ideally would like to put this thread on hold if youre willing to wait for the CRT
Not enough to ignore Kaen then. Kaen has scaling that puts it above lightning temperature, it would have affected Kaidou who's resistance scales to Akainu's passive heat.
Isnt Akainu's passive heat lava temperature...?
And yet none of the characters have multiple forms of Information like Zoro does, Zoro has at least 3 forms of Information Analysis, 2 from his natural skill and 1 from Kenbunshoku Haki.
Both Sana and Inumuta have multiple forms of info analysis each and Ryuko in this key is outright immune to it. Even in her earlier keys Ryuko has a resistance to info analysis in that the information and data yielded from her kamui was so vast that it overloaded the supercomputer within Inumuta's goku uniform
No it wouldn't, Kaen would have affected Kaidou and was forced to dodge it. Kaidou’s resistance is casually above anything Ryuko has shown.
Fair i guess, though theres still the issue of her regen just healing her from the damage
Cool, let's see it.
Will have to post this one later, i dont have access to Netflix atm and there arent any clips on youtube

Going to bed, but I'll just reply to one thing before.
Isnt Akainu's passive heat lava temperature...?
💀 uhhh no, first of all Akainu uses magma, not lava and his feats with his magma was like unspeakably above irl magma. His passive heat is already hotter than lightning, and higher with direct application.

Kaidous resistance scales to Akainu's passive and Kaen was going to affect him, hence why he needed to dodge. She can't regenerate from the damage since she doesn't have the level of regeneration needed to do so, plus they'll keep burning till the opponent is ashes.

Ryuko doesn't have the regeneration to regenerate from being turned into ash.

Going to bed, but I'll just reply to one thing before.

💀 uhhh no, first of all Akainu uses magma, not lava and his feats with his magma was like unspeakably above irl magma. His passive heat is already hotter than lightning, and higher with direct application.
How so?
She can't regenerate from the damage since she doesn't have the level of regeneration needed to do so, plus they'll keep burning till the opponent is ashes. Ryuko doesn't have the regeneration to regenerate from being turned into ash.
Is it instantaneous? If its not, she does actually

Scaling above Enel, his vaporization of steel, and his permanent climate changing.
Is it instantaneous? If its not, she does actually
Yes it is, the flames appear within the moment the wound is made and engulfs the interior and exterior of the opponent, and the flames won't disappear till they've reduced the opponent to ash.

Anyway like i said going to bed.

Ideally would like to put this thread on hold if youre willing to wait for the CRT
Sure.
Both Sana and Inumuta have multiple forms of info analysis each and Ryuko in this key is outright immune to it. Even in her earlier keys Ryuko has a resistance to info analysis in that the information and data yielded from her kamui was so vast that it overloaded the supercomputer within Inumuta's goku uniform
They don't have multiple forms of Information Analysis, they only have one form of Analysis according to the profile. I think your confusing them having upgraded versions of the Goku Uniforms as them having multiple forms that work together at once.

Zoro's is more potent and there's above 3 layers that she'd need to resist and I'm also calling bs on Ryuko being immune to Analysis.

Assuming Zoro goes full unga bunga with his stat amps, stacking Busoshoku, Haoshoku, Ashura, Enma Limiter removal, and Gorilla Biceps...
well just Ashura alone is a x3 omni amp, and Haoshoku and Enma are comparable to that
Even though it's entirely OOC for Zoro to do this, Zoro's looking at a nearly 20 times AP and speed advantage.
Issue is, Ryuko can pretty easily bridge the gap. Her Kisaragi state went from being thrashed by First Form Shinra Koketsu Ragyo, to overpowering Ragyo, to getting thrashed by her second form, to overpowering and then absorbing Shinra Koketsu as well as the Primordial Life Fiber and every life fiber on the planet. And this was in the span of a couple of minutes. Although she obviously doesn't have Kisaragi nor the boosts she gained from Shinra Koketsu in this key, she still should have the same level of reactive evolution.
Not to mention, Ryuko's scissor blades can cut through Zoro like butter considering how it's capable of injuring beings who can stomp this version of Ryuko anyways
So overall, Zoro has the initial AP advantage, but he's not going to have it for long

Zoro also doesn't have the knowledge to bypass Ryuko's regeneration. He slices her, she regenerates stronger than before since Zoro can pretty much 1 shot her whenever she wants and she gets a Zenkai, then Zoro keeps slashing her and the same thing happens. I highly doubt that Zoro would be able to figure out her weakness before Ryuko ends up getting stronger and beating him flat out

Zoro's skill advantage is actually going to be his greatest downfall here. Sure, his sill advantage means Ryuko's gonna be hard pressed to land anything meaningful, it also means that Zoro can take her down with ease. But that procs her Zenkai boost, making her stronger and stronger until he can't keep up with her anymore despite his skill.

There's also the fact that if Zoro ever comes close to legitimately threatening Ryuko, she can just sound barrier or just fly away and abuse her regen hax.

She can also just pull a Law and gamma knife him with her intangibility hax too

I'm voting Ryuko

Back