• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) Desperado (Rakudai Kishi No Cavalry) Vs The End (Medaka Box)

Ionliosite said:
I mean, Medaka has a lot of win-cons.

@Maruishimaryishi

Grace apparently finished 3 days ago
But she won't use them before she gets insta-incapped.

Literally put her against any character with incap hax and Medaka will lose every time.

EDIT: I already discussed this here in this thread, if you want to read my earlier arguments.

I'm assuming this has ended. I'll add this.

I don't think this is a stomp, tbh. She has win-cons. It's just that because of her CIS, she's not going to do it in time.

Poor Medaka. She's literally a punching bag. :(

This seems like it just lets people farm losses on characters with bad CIS. idk if these kinds of matches being added is fair, even if she has the abilities to win she'd never use them.

But she won't use them before she gets insta-incapped.

Literally put her against any character with incap hax and Medaka will lose every time.

EDIT: I already discussed this here in this thread, if you want to read my earlier arguments.

I saw it (now).

Migue79 said:
I'm assuming this has ended. I'll add this.

I don't think this is a stomp, tbh. She has win-cons. It's just that because of her CIS, she's not going to do it in time.

Poor Medaka. She's literally a punching bag. :(
I mean... sure. If someone tries to say something or argue about something.....idon'tknowwhaticando :(

Agnaa said:
well, if y'all still disagree then I'm overruled by the majority.
Actually, I don't know if I can agree for closing this or not closing this since I'm just here waiting for some more input. (I also agree that Medaka does that though)

I agree with Agnaa, I mean, it was even said on the manga that the best strategy to beat the jokers (Medaka is also one) is an attack that can defeats them in one hit because all of them tend to tank the first attack of their opponents.

I do agree. If it's just not an ability she uses, looks like she is getting unfair losses. Since it's just not an ability she would use. Someone could have a one shot soul hack. But if it's just they never use it and probably aren't gonna use it less you bloodlust. It really shouldn't be considering a valid Win Condition

Just leave the thread open, regardless if it's a stomp or not. Stomps get closed so people don't keep debating the battle, but the battle's already been debated, if more people want to come in and comment on whether it's a stomp that's fine.

Agnaa said:
Just leave the thread open, regardless if it's a stomp or not. Stomps get closed so people don't keep debating the battle, but the battle's already been debated, if more people want to come in and comment on whether it's a stomp that's fine.
Okay.

About the the match, I added but removed since it was told the conclusion were not made.

Well, I will give my inputs to help. The arguments for her losing did look fair since she had many wincons but did not use them properly because of her standard character in battle. Losing on these principles doesn't look like a stomp to me. Losing when there is a literal 0% chance of winning is stomp; characters losing because they don't use some abilities quickly out of character is just a loss due a weakness of the character, to me.

Hopefully my inputs helped.

^^ If the majority disagreed on Agnaa's idea of this match being a stomp then the answer is yes; I am willing to wait for more inputs about it to be sure.

Personally, if you have been shown to use an ability at least once or at least acknowledge that you can use said abilities, then using said abilities (regardless of the timing or frequency) is in-character.

IMO, for something to be considered OOC, the character cannot have been shown using said abilities at all and not being remotely aware that they can do that in the slightest.

I did read in another thread that if the character isn't willing to meet the win-con (like using an ability), then it can be considered a stomp.

As this match looks, I don't think this is a stomp. Medaka has been shown to use her hax, so all her win-cons are in-character (making them valid). But hey, that's just my take on it.

Medaka's first in-character move is to do nothing and have the opponent take the first move. After that, she starts fighting without hax, gradually using more hax if they're still alive.

Her wincons are abilities she only used once in-character, against a character that casually put many of her friends in a coma and killed Najimi Ajimu (who was up to this point considered the strongest character in the series). A character that was immune to all of Ajimu's skills (and Medaka's skills) anyway. We don't know how she uses them, only that she activated them once (and they failed to activate) against the strongest antagonist in the series.

I think this is significantly OOC to be considered a stomp, but like I said above, if the thread comes to an agreement on it not being a stomp feel free to add it.

Back