• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) 7-C+ Tournament Round 2, Match 3: Johnny X vs Koon Ran

The abilities he is being argued to out last with are his regen and pain tolerance if I recall.
He is fighting someone with pain manipulation and can interfere with movement.

The abilities he is being argued to out last with are his regen and pain tolerance if I recall.
He is fighting someone with pain manipulation and can interfere with movement.
His regen was not one of the arguments. Toon Force, Elasticity, and Immense Pain Tolerance will help him here. His regen is inconsistent.

Pain Manip gets countered by Pain Tolerance. That should be common sense.

How does Koon interfere with movement again?

His regen was not one of the arguments. Toon Force, Elasticity, and Immense Pain Tolerance will help him here. His regen is inconsistent.

Pain Manip gets countered by Pain Tolerance. That should be common sense.

How does Koon interfere with movement again?
My mistake on regen, what does toon force explicit give itself, elasticity might help but he is fighting someone who uses lightning and spears and elasticity can vary on its effectiveness against piercing damage. Immense pain tolerance helpful but being stabbed will still cause problems and while pain tolerance will prevent him from being to distracted from pain manipulation it still hurts more to be punched in a bruised area for a reason.

Matter manipulation I believe.

Refer to this comment as to how Toon Force works.

Surviving from being squished and flattened can help immensely in any fight Johnny is in. Again, Koon needs to cover a lot of distance to catch Johnny, and the moment Johnny sees Koon trying to do that, Koon's getting hit with a city sized Tornado or explosion. Not to mention Teleportation, which Johnny spams in character.

Immense Pain Tolerance is the same thing I said above. It's going to help a lot here. Not only does Koon have to catch Johnny (which won't be possible unless he uses his speed amps), but he has to find a way to put Johnny down for good, which is going to be very hard for any character remaining in the tourney. Not to mention Johnny's massive Stamina advantage.

Johnny's also far more versatile, so he'll have of attacks Koon won't have time to prepare for.

Even if Koon uses his clouds to blind Johnny, Johnny's skilled enough to counter this, and his Telepathy will let him know where Koon is at at all times.

How does Koon's Matter Manip work? Or any of his abilities in general that involve messing with opponents movement?

Refer to this comment as to how Toon Force works.
That relies on the idea that everyone with toon force has the same capabilities that isn't the case just like fire manipulation doesn't always let you create fire toon force isn't simple as they describe.

Surviving from being squished and flattened can help immensely in any fight Johnny is in. Again, Koon needs to cover a lot of distance to catch Johnny, and the moment Johnny sees Koon trying to do that, Koon's getting hit with a city sized Tornado or explosion. Not to mention Teleportation, which Johnny spams in character.
More often than not if you're in a fight where the strength gap is big enough to have you get crushed flat you're already screwed pretty bad. Yes but since when does Johnny use hit and run tactics and what will Johnny see him doing. Spamming teleport the scan isn't exactly clear he is even teleporting can you show a scan of him using teleportation in combat as Johnny X.
Immense Pain Tolerance is the same thing I said above. It's going to help a lot here. Not only does Koon have to catch Johnny (which won't be possible unless he uses his speed amps), but he has to find a way to put Johnny down for good, which is going to be very hard for any character remaining in the tourney. Not to mention Johnny's massive Stamina advantage.
Fair enough but I want more evidence for Johnny making it hard to reach him.
Johnny's also far more versatile, so he'll have of attacks Koon won't have time to prepare for.
I mean most of those extra abilities seem useless minor mobility increases as he doesn't have gadgets.
Even if Koon uses his clouds to blind Johnny, Johnny's skilled enough to counter this, and his Telepathy will let him know where Koon is at at all times.
I mean he is fighting someone who uses smokescreen surrounding himself to his advantage Koon Ran should still have the upper hand. That Telepathy seems like Clairvoyance actually and he used it to find the room someone was in during a non-combative situation.
How does Koon's Matter Manip work? Or any of his abilities in general that involve messing with opponents movement?
It is literally the description of his matter manipulation.
"Depending on how much shinsoo can be controlled against the enemy, the user is able to hinder the walk of the opponent"

That relies on the idea that everyone with toon force has the same capabilities that isn't the case just like fire manipulation doesn't always let you create fire toon force isn't simple as they describe
Most characters with Toon Force have those basic abilities. They usually have stars around their head, large bumps, etc. Here's a good example.

More often than not if you're in a fight where the strength gap is big enough to have you get crushed flat you're already screwed pretty bad. Yes but since when does Johnny use hit and run tactics and what will Johnny see him doing. Spamming teleport the scan isn't exactly clear he is even teleporting can you show a scan of him using teleportation in combat as Johnny X.
The strength gap here is not big enough to crush or flatten Johnny, even if it was, it wouldn't matter, since Johnny has dura hax other than just Elasticity that'll help him outlast Koon. I never said Johnny would use hit and run tactics, he'll use Hurricane Hands and Power Poots offensively, and when he's on the defensive, he spams teleportation. Here are examples of Johnny X teleporting. He's able to teleport as far as space, and he can teleport others as far as that distance as well.

Fair enough but I want more evidence for Johnny making it hard to reach him.
Johnny has far better range than Koon, and he can teleport. Only thing that's saving Koon is his speed amps. He really can't do anything else. Even when he goes on the offensive, he'll have an extremely hard time trying to put Johnny down for good due to how damn tanky the kid is. Sooner or later, Koon will get worn, and he'll be in perfect striking position for Johnny to finish him off.

I mean most of those extra abilities seem useless minor mobility increases as he doesn't have gadgets.
Bruh. Johnny's Light/Thread Manipulation can restrain Koon from doing anything. And since Koon is at a massive LS disadvantage here, that'll be very detrimental. He can also use his Telekinesis to get the upper hand on him. His Super Breath can also freeze Koon in place. Koon will have to find ways to counter these attacks, and since Johnny has so many options, he can use his versatility to overwhelm and tire out Koon.

I mean he is fighting someone who uses smokescreen surrounding himself to his advantage Koon Ran should still have the upper hand. That Telepathy seems like Clairvoyance actually and he used it to find the room someone was in during a non-combative situation.
Bro, someone who's skilled enough to pop 2 water balloons with a badge while blind should have no problem against Koon's smokescreens. Johnny has used his Telepathy/Clairvoyance to find the villains who were terrorizing the carnival, so it's safe to say that Johnny can use that ability for combat purposes. Even if de didn't use for combat purposes, he would still use it if he can't find Koon regardless.

It is literally the description of his matter manipulation.
"Depending on how much shinsoo can be controlled against the enemy, the user is able to hinder the walk of the opponent"
And what is the range of this?

Most characters with Toon Force have those basic abilities. They usually have stars around their head, large bumps, etc. Here's a good example.
If that's from the show then doesn't that prove they don't have that ability.
The strength gap here is not big enough to crush or flatten Johnny, even if it was, it wouldn't matter, since Johnny has dura hax other than just Elasticity that'll help him outlast Koon.
Literally one and the point is it doesn't matter here anyway.
I never said Johnny would use hit and run tactics, he'll use Hurricane Hands and Power Poots offensively, and when he's on the defensive, he spams teleportation. Here are examples of Johnny X teleporting. He's able to teleport as far as space, and he can teleport others as far as that distance as well.
Fair I can't really argue with this.
Or anything else following that I was mostly trying to make this thread more then a fra train.
Johnny fra.
And what is the range of this?
No clue

Just to prove my point on Toon Force, I'm going to steal a quote from the comment I linked above about Toon Force.

"So with characters that have toonforce, when they get hit with something that would kill/knockout a normal person in that scenario (say, an anvil falling on their head or being hit with a bat), one of three things happen:

1. They become dizzy with stars above their heads
2. They gain giant bumps on their head and become dizzy
3. Both things happen

The thing is though, they usually recover from said bumps relatively quickly."

I just showed a link to where Johnny got hit with a pan and he became dizzy with stars above his head, just like most characters with Toon Force. That's like the most basic thing a Toon Force user should have. You'd have to have pretty bad Toon Force if you don't have something as simple as surviving attacks that'll normally kill or knock out a normal person, with the best shows of "damage" being becoming dizzy with stars above their head, or gain giant bumps on their head and become dizzy.

I know what I said.

(Count it as a vote for Johnny)
giphy.gif

I'm at school right now, so I can't make the matchup until I get home.

Though it will be very appreciated if someone made the thread for me.

That's not Toon Force. At all. That's a shrug off.
"So with characters that have toonforce, when they get hit with something that would kill/knockout a normal person in that scenario (say, an anvil falling on their head or being hit with a bat), one of three things happen:

You're right and wrong. Right, Johnny did shrug it off, but it's Toon Force because he was dizzy with stars above his head, and he quickly shrugged it off like it was nothing. That's how a character with Toon Force works.

You're right and wrong. Right, Johnny did shrug it off, but it's Toon Force because he was dizzy with stars above his head, and he quickly shrugged it off like it was nothing. That's how a character with Toon Force works.
Having stars over your head is as Toon Force as characters changing into a chili style from one scene to another; It just a visual cue to convey something. It would be Toon Force if he, for example, interacted with the stars.

Quickly shrugging off something is just that.

So I guess this statement is flawed then?

Go talk to the person who made this comment about it.

Back