• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 2: Getting to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
By that logic all statements would be wrong
No, you are taking it to the extreme. There are a large plethora of statements that just flat out state something, or are much more believable. The wording and believability of a statement are key. This statement both has shaky wording and can be difficult to believe with beings like Arceus out there. If you just take every statement and believe it to be 100% true, that can lead to so many problems in so many verses. For example, in a Naruto databook, Kakashi had a ludicrous omniscience statement. Obviously though, we wouldn't have him as such. It's a more drastic example, but still conveys the point. A statement of this size should be held up with a bit of scrutiny.

It having a stronger punch than Regigas and Silvally is... Interesting. Not quite impossible, just interesting to note. I have no qualms or counters to Tier 3 Mel, then.

That's not impossible. If you think Arceus being omnipresent means no Pokemon can be stronger than it, you would also have to believe Palkia is stronger than Arceus' avatar because he's a part of space
Idk how we place the true forms of CT vs arceus' avatar but omnipresence has nothing to do with it, the "no pokemon is stronger than it" is due to it's true self embodying all of them, not just because it is everywhere, also pretty sure it was his avatar that brought the true CT so they'd be weaker, omnipresence or not

You don't really need fists to punch in Pokemon, pokemon without them can learn punching moves
Which is why Ayewale using game mechanics to prove the anime is different was hilarious

GF won't animate most moves properly even if their lives depended on it.

But hey, it's in the past. Carry on

Which is why Ayewale using game mechanics to prove the anime is different was hilarious

GF won't animate most moves properly even if their lives depended on it.

But hey, it's in the past. Carry on
Let. It. Go.

Barging in on an Application CRT to try and bring up the same circular and debunked points we discussed for 10 whole pages in what I can only assume is a desperate attempt to derail an already slow-moving thread is poor form

Last edited:
I just learned about the revisions the other day. And there is 1,216 episodes. It would take far more than 2 days, even if you fought the urge to sleep, work, go anywhere or do anything else, it would take days lol.

Aren't there like, over at least 800 episodes, plus the movies? I could be wrong but, that'd take some time, admittedly. It'd be a good idea to split the work up by Season's between multiple people tbh

In September 2021 there was just shy of 427 hours of content, so we’ll just say for now there is >427 hours to be watched

Split that among 5 people who each binge an hour a day on average and you’d be done in somewhere a little over 3 months, which would be pretty decent time for covering and indexing an entire anime series that’s been running for decades

I mean't to say weeks but i confused myself when remembering it, probably a full month of nothing but anime watching

No, you are taking it to the extreme. There are a large plethora of statements that just flat out state something, or are much more believable. The wording and believability of a statement are key. This statement both has shaky wording and can be difficult to believe with beings like Arceus out there. If you just take every statement and believe it to be 100% true, that can lead to so many problems in so many verses. For example, in a Naruto databook, Kakashi had a ludicrous omniscience statement. Obviously though, we wouldn't have him as such. It's a more drastic example, but still conveys the point.
Why is it shaky wording? Why does Arceus existing make it difficult to believe? I don't care about Kakashi that's not relevant. Its true that accepting every statement can cause problems, but you need a reason for it being hyperbole.

A statement of this size should be held up with a bit of scrutiny.

Not really an argument

Just ignore Sniper btw, he's still not over it

Let. It. Go.

Barging in on an Application CRT to try and bring up the same circular and debunked points we discussed for 10 whole pages in what I can only assume is a desperate attempt to derail an already slow-moving thread is poor form
Pointless talk after I mentioned it's in the past and to carry on

Let. It. Go.

I will add: My personal priority is the games first (main-line), which is why I've only been discussing pokédex and game-appearances (specially because the Pokédex is accepted to scale across the franchise, which makes everything way easier to scale later)

Which, incidentally, we definitely need a consensus on how to handle the legendary 'mons. Because following my idea on their encounters in-game, it might lead to an abundance of scaling.

Because of the Legendary Birds appearing in Platinum post-game.

My solution to this is to base the scaling depending on the game (legendary birds key for Kanto, another for Sinnoh, and so on), but I'm quite sure many people will be against that.

The Legendary Birds are a problem, because effectively, through them, practically every legendary across generations would scale to late-game sinnoh legendaries. I don't know yet if I could agree to that, so that's why I'm bringing it up.

could just ignore it as an outlier right
I don't know if outlier would be correct here. They practically don't have any other feat (aside for passive stuff in the case of Moltres, who has a 6-C feat purely by existing). Unless you consider their potential fight with Red during Gen 1 (which honestly, is moreso a feat for Red).

However, based on Galar stuff, they might be more consistently tier 6. But I'm no expert on Sword & Shield to properly gauge that.

I will add: My personal priority is the games first (main-line), which is why I've only been discussing pokédex and game-appearances (specially because the Pokédex is accepted to scale across the franchise, which makes everything way easier to scale later)

Which, incidentally, we definitely need a consensus on how to handle the legendary 'mons. Because following my idea on their encounters in-game, it might lead to an abundance of scaling.

Because of the Legendary Birds appearing in Platinum post-game.

My solution to this is to base the scaling depending on the game (legendary birds key for Kanto, another for Sinnoh, and so on), but I'm quite sure many people will be against that.

The Legendary Birds are a problem, because effectively, through them, practically every legendary across generations would scale to late-game sinnoh legendaries. I don't know yet if I could agree to that, so that's why I'm bringing it up.

I actually agree with this
While it's typically a rule of thumb that most Legendaries are the same legendary throughout the series, there are multiple cases of this not holding true.
I think that it should be a case by case basis, where the Legendaries who cause most problems and are possibly not the same exact legendary (And yes, the Crown Tundra essentially confirms there can be multiple of the birds), should be split apart by their appearances and treated as different Key's/Entities (For example, Kanto Key, Sinnoh Key, and Galar Key for Birds), and for Pokemon that are more than likely the same but still appear in multiple games that can cause problems for scaling, giving different key's can be a good idea, too.

At the very least, you can argue that the Birds from Kanto and Sinnoh are the same somehow, but that they grew immensely in power over time, and thus deserve multiple key's. And besides, it'd be a bit weird for say, Latias (Just a example, dunno who specifically this would effect) to scale to Dialga because of a Funky little Fire Bird, lol.

At the very least, you can argue that the Birds from Kanto and Sinnoh are the same somehow, but that they grew immensely in power over time, and thus deserve multiple key's. And besides, it'd be a bit weird for say, Latias (Just a example, dunno who specifically this would effect) to scale to Dialga because of a Funky little Fire Bird, lol.
They also appear in Ultra Space events, which then scales back to the Alola People, which then scale to Zygarde, which then scales to X&Y peeps (where they also appear, incidentally).

Mewtwo directly scale above them in both Gen 1 and Gen 2 (as per being considered the strongest mon in regions where ho-oh, lugia, the birds and beasts exists), and debatable if Suicune scales because of Pokémon Crystal and the Heartgold/Soulsilver Event with it, which then scales the rest of the Legendary Beasts (although they themselves are post-game roaming legendaries in Fire Red/Leaf Green). Ho-Oh then upscales.

And those are from memory, likely a lot more messy stuff could be found through the birds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back