• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Spiky hair? Check. Naive and overly trusting? Check. Terrible at math? Check. Dealt with self-absorbed maniacs who are very similar to clowns? Check. Accompanied by the smarter best friend addicted to gambling and the future doctor with glasses? Check. Asshole dads? Check.

Both 8-B

Speed is =

Johnny has his equipment (unless I need to change this for some reason)

Fight is in Porkbelly

Hiatus x Hiatus:

whipcrack:

Incon:

Last edited:
one is better written, so they win.
So Johnny wins, right?

Anyways, base form Johnny is heavily reliant on his equipment, so he won't hesitate to use his equipment. And since he knows his equipment front to back, he'll know how to use them at their fullest potential. It just depends on what equipment he decides to open with.

Johnny has many ways of securing the win here with his equipment. However, I must ask how would the fight go if it was H2H/CQC? And what does Gon start off with and what can he do to defeat Johnny?

So Johnny wins, right?
you got me, ha ha

i would say gon at this point is more skilled then johnny because he fights martial artists and wins easily, i don't know their ap, and he starts off with punches and kicks with the few chimera ant arc episodes i have watched. jajanken is something he uses rarely.

he can use jajanken

you got me, ha ha

i would say gon at this point is more skilled then johnny because he fights martial artists and wins easily, i don't know their ap, and he starts off with punches and kicks with the few chimera ant arc episodes i have watched. jajanken is something he uses rarely.

he can use jajanken
I don't know how skilled Gon is at this point, so take my rebuttal with a grain of salt when I say that Johnny is skilled in Kung Fu, Karate, and has Ninja DNA. I don't know if that's enough skill to compete with Gon at this point, so don't take my point too seriously.

Most HxH characters start with Nen Crush which are Fear Manipulation, Limited Paralysis Inducement, Madness Manipulation (Type 3) and Limited Death Manipulation

"Nen crush" isn't necessarily voluntary; It happens because the victim is feeling the Nen user's aura, & especially, feeling the "bloodlust" in it.
So if they're intensifying their aura because they're about to fight, for example, by using Ren (An offense-leaning offense & defense boosting application of Nen.), then being nearby would get you nen crushed.

Similarly, Neferpitou was using En (A long range application of Nen that isn't offensive nor defensive, but rather, just spreading it out to detect things within it.) at one point, IIRC, yet when Knov felt Neferpitou's aura, he was affected. Extremely intensely, but that's because Neferpitou. Nonetheless, the point is, just TOUCHING their aura can trigger it, especially for more bloodthirst-prone individuals like Neferpitou.

I'm not sure how bloodthirsty Gon is, but him being ready to fight would probably mean his aura was flared up. I dunno how far it can be felt from, though.

Any HxH experts wanna chime in on Gon's level of bloodthirst & the range of exposure for his aura that he'd have active when starting a fight?

As you can see in the video, Gon's Nen create powerful shockwave which is probably ten of meters, or if you think otherwise, Wing (the guy in second video) can cover whole room with his Nen.

In this fight, Gon has nothing against Johnny so he won't release the same amount of Nen when being bloodlust, but he's willing to kills which mean open with Nen like how Wing did are likely to happen.

As you can see in the video, Gon's Nen create powerful shockwave which is probably ten of meters, or if you think otherwise, Wing (the guy in second video) can cover whole room with his Nen.

In this fight, Gon has nothing against Johnny so he won't release the same amount of Nen when being bloodlust, but he's willing to kills which mean open with Nen like how Wing did are likely to happen.
So what you're basically is that Gon won't use Nen to its fullest extent since he's not bloodlusted?

So what you're basically is that Gon won't use Nen to its fullest extent since he's not bloodlusted?
There's lots of Nen techniques Gon probably could, but would not use in normal circumstances; There's lots he doesn't use, IC, IIRC.
Though I'm unsure if HxH "bloodlust" has the same definition as our definition of "bloodlust".

But yeah, Gon is notoriously simpleminded. IIRC, there was a whole conversation about how if he cares about you or has something to gain, you're his friend, & if he doesn't like you or you're a hindrance, you're his enemy. But my memory is far from ideal on how that chat went.
Point is, Gon, like @Jamesthetaker said, is usually a pretty friendly, lax person; He wants to beat Johnny, so I doubt he'd get very serious unless Johnny made it personal or it was more clear Johnny was a threat to him.

Last edited:
There's lots of Nen techniques Gon probably could, but would not use in normal circumstances; There's lots he doesn't use, IC, IIRC.
Though I'm unsure if HxH "bloodlust" has the same definition as our definition of "bloodlust".

But yeah, Gon is notoriously simpleminded. IIRC, there was a whole conversation about how if he cares about you or has something to gain, you're his friend, & if he doesn't like you or you're a hindrance, you're his enemy. But my memory is far from ideal on how that chat went.
Point is, Gon, like @Jamesthetaker , is usually a pretty friendly, lax person; He wants to beat Johnny, so I doubt he'd get very serious unless Johnny made it personal or it was more clear Johnny was a threat to him.
Considering that both of their personalities are kinda similar, I don't think Gon will go "bloodlust" mode in this fight.

Indeed, Gon is simple minded but he isn't stupid by any means, he could be serious when he needed. This conversation basically shown how Gon acts against someone whom he doesn't hold grudge against. If face against the enemy, Gon wouldn't shown mercy no matter whoever they are.

Given that SBA played in, Gon is in-character but willing to kills so the same thing could happened here.

I think this is the best description of how the fight will go.
I have not watched HxH in a while, especially at the time I made that post, so the information about Gon's character that was presented in this post:
Indeed, Gon is simple minded but he isn't stupid by any means, he could be serious when he needed. This conversation basically shown how Gon acts against someone whom he doesn't hold grudge against. If face against the enemy, Gon wouldn't shown mercy no matter whoever they are.

Given that SBA played in, Gon is in-character but willing to kills so the same thing could happened here.
....Had not been something I'd considered.

If Gon is willing to say he'll kill someone to somebody he considers a friend, then if Gon wants you gone, as is the case in this match, I can see him being more prone to exposing his bloodlust more than he normally would in this match. "Willing to kill", & yeah, it's not necessarily their first resort, but as pointed out, Gon is a little messed up in the head, & willing to threaten murder for betrayal to someone he's friendly with, & will say it with a smile.

Similarly, Gon does have experience dealing with firearms, right? I mean, I'd ASSUME some of Johnny's equipment is ray guns or something, so I doubt he'd be uncautious when Johnny pulls out some weird item. I don't remember exactly who he's met, but Nen abilities can have all kinds of weird stuff. (Like that 1 Phantom Troupe girl with the monstrous vaccuum she talks to.)
So I doubt Gon would just let Johnny open fire on him.

I think it's best to say that Gon won't go bloodlust mode unless he realizes he's in danger.

What's the AP difference here?

Gon scales to Killua so he's 22.13 tons of TNT.

Like what being said above, Gon in this period are kinda ****** up with all the stress and mental strain he went through. If Johnny ever pulled out weapons or attempt to do something will made him put his Nen up for defense. It is not just being bloodlusted would make Gon act like that, previous arcs also shown that Gon are just willing to uses it against most opponent.

Gon scales to Killua so he's 22.13 tons of TNT.

Like what being said above, Gon in this period are kinda ****** up with all the stress and mental strain he went through. If Johnny ever pulled out weapons or attempt to do something will made him put his Nen up for defense. It is not just being bloodlusted would make Gon act like that, previous arcs also shown that Gon are just willing to uses it against most opponent.
Yeah. IIRC, isn't what HxH calls Bloodlust in Aura more like.... Willingness/Readyness to fight or such?

I feel like Johnny takes this more often than not.

Nen Crush is scary, but that's really all Gon has going for him. Johnny holds the stat advantage, plus he has equipment that can one shot Gon. Though, it depends on what Johnny decides to open with.

Only question I have is does Nen Crush have a specific range/AOE to it? For now, I'm voting Johnny.

Nen Crush is literally one-shot ability which Johnny doesn't resist nor knowledge about. Casual Nen users can extend for entire room, but Gon at this state can extend for ten of meters based on the previous video.

Nen Crush is literally one-shot ability which Johnny doesn't resist nor knowledge about. Casual Nen users can extend for entire room, but Gon at this state can extend for ten of meters based on the previous video.
After reading this, I'm not really sure who to vote for...

Gon is not one of these, thats a thing that Hisoka and Pitou would use
Not really, a lot of techniques from HxH required channeling Nen through their body. You could think simply that when HxH characters raise their aura, its basically imbued Ren as medium, given that the whole point of Ren is enhanced physical capabilities.

Even if you think otherwise, you will have to consider Gon mental state in this key, he's really ****** up. Take this for example, his conversation with Meleoron is that Gon won't hesitate to kill anybody whom he considered to be suspicious. It is very likely to Gon to open with Nen Crush against Johnny if he feel like somthing isn't right.

Not really, a lot of techniques from HxH required channeling Nen through their body. You could think simply that when HxH characters raise their aura, its basically imbued Ren as medium, given that the whole point of Ren is enhanced physical capabilities.

Even if you think otherwise, you will have to consider Gon mental state in this key, he's really ****** up. Take this for example, his conversation with Meleoron is that Gon won't hesitate to kill anybody whom he considered to be suspicious. It is very likely to Gon to open with Nen Crush against Johnny if he feel like somthing isn't right.
You need to tell me when Gon did used it, because no other character except Pitou, Hisoka and others used it, so, even if Gon can do it, it doesnt means that he will

The video above when Gon talk to Meleoron, and this. Again, Ren is a important aspect of Nen which enhances physical capabilities so they would use it everytime their aura shown.

Back