• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Now that the Johnny Test verse has been updated, I thought it would be the perfect time to experiment and see how he would do against a spiky blue hedgehog (they've faced off before, but it was a different version of Sonic).

Johnny Test vs IDW Sonic
  • The fight will take place in Z-City.
  • Starting distance will be 20 meters.
  • Johnny X will be used.
  • Base Sonic will be used.
  • Speed is equalized.
Johnny: 1 (Nierre)

Sonic: 1 (Laser)

Inconclusive: 1 (RandomGuy)

c3pdi3s1yx521.jpg

Last edited:
I think Sonic can soundly pull a win here. I obviously plan to go into more detail, though I thought I should cast my vote at the beginning instead of at the end, in case you didn't want to read paragraphs before knowing who I vote for.

Johnny undoubtedly has advantages in this fight, although some of them may be exaggerated since his page isn't perfect. Such as assuming the range for all of his abilities is Kilometers long in his Johnny X suit where it should really be based on the individual attacks used. Anyways, I'll go over Johnny's advantages here. This is based on the profile's info, and from what I remember when I watched the show years ago.
  • Versatility - Johnny by far has more abilities. However, this advantage isn't overwhelming, as, in character, Johnny doesn't use these abilities all the time despite there being perfect scenarios for them. This is likely due to his ignorance at times and still being a young kid with relatively little experience in combat compared to someone like Sonic. So it's unlikely he'll be using most of these abilities to gain the upper hand even when the situation calls for it. Though he is very likely to go through several of these abilities.
  • AP/Dura - Johnny starts off with a 3.9x stat advantage, nearly 4x Sonic's level. That's going to give Sonic a lot of trouble, as he'll be receiving more than moderate damage with each attack he takes. In fact, it'd likely take a few combo's at most to knock him unconscious. This also means Johnny is going to be able to tank attacks from Sonic with only minor damage.
  • Range - From the looks of it, at least a few of Johnny's attacks have kilometers of range, which gives him a huge range advantage over Sonic. Meaning he could use his attacks from the safety of a long-distance, assuming he's smart enough to abuse this advantage.
  • Flight - As noted in another fight, Sonic can't fly. Meaning if Johnny is smart enough to abuse that, he can maintain a large distance between himself and Sonic with flight. However, I'm unsure if he'd either; A. Be smart enough to think of this, and B. Sonic would give him this opportunity.
  • Telekinesis - This is advantageous if the range is actually kilometers long, though I haven't seen the range reach that far. But assuming it was kilometers long, he could hold Sonic in the air, and without any leverage, he'd be mostly immobile.
  • Regeneration - The regeneration is noted to be inconsistent on the profile, so I'm unsure of how practical it would be here, but it could possibly allow him to recover from attacks he does receive damage from.
  • Teleportation - From what I've seen before, it's actually in character for Johnny to use this ability, and from what else I've seen, it's usually to avoid attacks he normally couldn't. However, he doesn't seem prone to spamming it from what I know. I don't think I really need to clarify why this is useful.
That about covers Johnny's main advantages. Now onto Sonic.
  • Passive Accelerated Development - This is going to carry most of Sonic's advantages. As we know, at the beginning of the battle, Sonic's going to start at a statistical disadvantage. However, thanks to his accelerated development, he can physically improve every second. This means as the battle goes on, he'd be getting stronger, more durable, faster, etc. Mitigating the advantages that Johnny has to begin with over the course of the battle. This means he'd eventually be able to start taking attacks more easily from him and also dish out more damage to Johnny. He may end up slowly surpassing Johnny physically as well if the battle is prolonged long enough.
  • Intelligence/Skill - This one's more obvious. True, Sonic's only about 15, but he's been on numerous adventures throughout his life and has shown to be an extremely competent fighter. He strategizes how to defeat his opponents, has defeated those with hundreds of years more experience than him, overwhelmed opponents equal to or stronger than him with information programmed into them on how to hard counter him, and he always comes out victorious. If he was on the losing side of the battle, he'd play it far more safely and think of ways to counter Johnny's advantages over him. Despite Johnny also knowing karate and having ninja DNA, it's highly unlikely he'd have an advantage in hand-to-hand combat against Sonic who's fought against countless foes, with some having their own martial experience and coming out on top against characters who are stronger than himself.
  • Agility - This is what's going to render Johnny's flight useless. Well, not entirely useless, but it makes it nearly impossible for Johnny to try and create distance between the two. If he tried to fly directly up, not only can Sonic scale up buildings, he can leap hundreds of meters if not kilometers into the air. This in conjunction with his skill makes it hard for Johnny to abuse range. When you take his passive development into account, this is going to become troublesome as Sonic becomes faster.
  • Defensive Aura/Boost - When boosting, Sonic gains a protective aura. This would allow him to reduce the amount of damage he'd receive from ranged attacks if he needed to close a large distance between them from where Johnny would be using ranged attacks. Of course, this doesn't outright nullify the damage he receives, but it'd at least reduce the damage, and as the gap between them physically shrinks, Sonic's only going to be able to block more and more damage.
  • Body Control - While Johnny also possesses this, Sonic's is a tad bit more practical. He can control his body mid-air to change direction, and more importantly, he's able to sharpen his quills for attacks meant for cutting. Of course, this won't matter much, to begin with, due to Sonic's inferior physicals, but that will change as the match progresses. Sonic would eventually be able to start throwing out attacks that can cut through Johnny if necessary.
  • Homing Attack - An underrated method of attacking. Sonic's able to instinctively lock on to foes tens of meters away and wail on them at high speeds. This is especially true in the IDW Comic where the ability explicitly gives him a temporary boost in speed that allows Sonic to blitz those who are comparable to him which can evidently be followed up by a barrage of homing attacks, or a flurry of punches/kicks that'd clearly cause significant damage to any who are comparable in power to him. Eventually, this would be the case with Johnny as Sonic grows stronger throughout the battle.
So there we have it. While Sonic has a disadvantage in actual versatility and practical abilities, he has the tools to take Johnny down. That being his far greater skill and intellect coupled with his agility and how it's tied to his other abilities like his body control, Boost, and Homing Attack. Say Johnny tried to fly high up to give him a range advantage; Sonic could retaliate by leaping up to him and attacking him, or by grabbing onto him. I didn't note it, but Sonic has vastly greater Lifting Strength. So grappling is definitely an option for him. Another way Sonic could counteract Johnny's range advantage is through strategy. Say Johnny was already Kilometers above the city (Unlikely to happen, especially with the starting distance), and was trying to take Sonic out with hurricanes he can summon. Sonic could simply escape underneath the city. He's used this strategy before, escaping into the sewers to avoid an attack. From which Johnny would need to pursue him in order to locate and defeat him. This would force him into close quarters, which is where Sonic far excels over Johnny. Not to mention, in the meantime, Sonic would be growing stronger every second during this confrontation. Effectively neutralizing one of Johnny's greatest advantages (AP/Dura).

Of course, Johnny has some powers with practical use such as teleportation or telekinesis, but I haven't seen him use telekinesis that often, the range doesn't seem all that impressive, and Johnny's unlikely to utilize it to its fullest due to his intellect. As for teleportation, sure, that could help him evade a few attacks, but it's not really going to save him forever. It's only so long before he gets locked onto and assaulted by countless attacks from Sonic given the speed amp his Homing Attacks provide in addition to the passive development likely affecting his speed which would give him a general speed advantage over Johnny as the battle goes on.

All in all, Sonic takes this mid to high diff due to vastly superior skill, passive accelerated development, and slightly because of his move-set.

I think Sonic can soundly pull a win here. I obviously plan to go into more detail, though I thought I should cast my vote at the beginning instead of at the end, in case you didn't want to read paragraphs before knowing who I vote for.

Johnny undoubtedly has advantages in this fight, although some of them may be exaggerated since his page isn't perfect. Such as assuming the range for all of his abilities is Kilometers long in his Johnny X suit where it should really be based on the individual attacks used. Anyways, I'll go over Johnny's advantages here. This is based on the profile's info, and from what I remember when I watched the show years ago.
  • Versatility - Johnny by far has more abilities. However, this advantage isn't overwhelming, as, in character, Johnny doesn't use these abilities all the time despite there being perfect scenarios for them. This is likely due to his ignorance at times and still being a young kid with relatively little experience in combat compared to someone like Sonic. So it's unlikely he'll be using most of these abilities to gain the upper hand even when the situation calls for it. Though he is very likely to go through several of these abilities.
  • AP/Dura - Johnny starts off with a 3.9x stat advantage, nearly 4x Sonic's level. That's going to give Sonic a lot of trouble, as he'll be receiving more than moderate damage with each attack he takes. In fact, it'd likely take a few combo's at most to knock him unconscious. This also means Johnny is going to be able to tank attacks from Sonic with only minor damage.
  • Range - From the looks of it, at least a few of Johnny's attacks have kilometers of range, which gives him a huge range advantage over Sonic. Meaning he could use his attacks from the safety of a long-distance, assuming he's smart enough to abuse this advantage.
  • Flight - As noted in another fight, Sonic can't fly. Meaning if Johnny is smart enough to abuse that, he can maintain a large distance between himself and Sonic with flight. However, I'm unsure if he'd either; A. Be smart enough to think of this, and B. Sonic would give him this opportunity.
  • Telekinesis - This is advantageous if the range is actually kilometers long, though I haven't seen the range reach that far. But assuming it was kilometers long, he could hold Sonic in the air, and without any leverage, he'd be mostly immobile.
  • Regeneration - The regeneration is noted to be inconsistent on the profile, so I'm unsure of how practical it would be here, but it could possibly allow him to recover from attacks he does receive damage from.
  • Teleportation - From what I've seen before, it's actually in character for Johnny to use this ability, and from what else I've seen, it's usually to avoid attacks he normally couldn't. However, he doesn't seem prone to spamming it from what I know. I don't think I really need to clarify why this is useful.
That about covers Johnny's main advantages. Now onto Sonic.
  • Passive Accelerated Development - This is going to carry most of Sonic's advantages. As we know, at the beginning of the battle, Sonic's going to start at a statistical disadvantage. However, thanks to his accelerated development, he can physically improve every second. This means as the battle goes on, he'd be getting stronger, more durable, faster, etc. Mitigating the advantages that Johnny has to begin with over the course of the battle. This means he'd eventually be able to start taking attacks more easily from him and also dish out more damage to Johnny. He may end up slowly surpassing Johnny physically as well if the battle is prolonged long enough.
  • Intelligence/Skill - This one's more obvious. True, Sonic's only about 15, but he's been on numerous adventures throughout his life and has shown to be an extremely competent fighter. He strategizes how to defeat his opponents, has defeated those with hundreds of years more experience than him, overwhelmed opponents equal to or stronger than him with information programmed into them on how to hard counter him, and he always comes out victorious. If he was on the losing side of the battle, he'd play it far more safely and think of ways to counter Johnny's advantages over him. Despite Johnny also knowing karate and having ninja DNA, it's highly unlikely he'd have an advantage in hand-to-hand combat against Sonic who's fought against countless foes, with some having their own martial experience and coming out on top against characters who are stronger than himself.
  • Agility - This is what's going to render Johnny's flight useless. Well, not entirely useless, but it makes it nearly impossible for Johnny to try and create distance between the two. If he tried to fly directly up, not only can Sonic scale up buildings, he can leap hundreds of meters if not kilometers into the air. This in conjunction with his skill makes it hard for Johnny to abuse range. When you take his passive development into account, this is going to become troublesome as Sonic becomes faster.
  • Defensive Aura/Boost - When boosting, Sonic gains a protective aura. This would allow him to reduce the amount of damage he'd receive from ranged attacks if he needed to close a large distance between them from where Johnny would be using ranged attacks. Of course, this doesn't outright nullify the damage he receives, but it'd at least reduce the damage, and as the gap between them physically shrinks, Sonic's only going to be able to block more and more damage.
  • Body Control - While Johnny also possesses this, Sonic's is a tad bit more practical. He can control his body mid-air to change direction, and more importantly, he's able to sharpen his quills for attacks meant for cutting. Of course, this won't matter much, to begin with, due to Sonic's inferior physicals, but that will change as the match progresses. Sonic would eventually be able to start throwing out attacks that can cut through Johnny if necessary.
  • Homing Attack - An underrated method of attacking. Sonic's able to instinctively lock on to foes tens of meters away and wail on them at high speeds. This is especially true in the IDW Comic where the ability explicitly gives him a temporary boost in speed that allows Sonic to blitz those who are comparable to him which can evidently be followed up by a barrage of homing attacks, or a flurry of punches/kicks that'd clearly cause significant damage to any who are comparable in power to him. Eventually, this would be the case with Johnny as Sonic grows stronger throughout the battle.
So there we have it. While Sonic has a disadvantage in actual versatility and practical abilities, he has the tools to take Johnny down. That being his far greater skill and intellect coupled with his agility and how it's tied to his other abilities like his body control, Boost, and Homing Attack. Say Johnny tried to fly high up to give him a range advantage; Sonic could retaliate by leaping up to him and attacking him, or by grabbing onto him. I didn't note it, but Sonic has vastly greater Lifting Strength. So grappling is definitely an option for him. Another way Sonic could counteract Johnny's range advantage is through strategy. Say Johnny was already Kilometers above the city (Unlikely to happen, especially with the starting distance), and was trying to take Sonic out with hurricanes he can summon. Sonic could simply escape underneath the city. He's used this strategy before, escaping into the sewers to avoid an attack. From which Johnny would need to pursue him in order to locate and defeat him. This would force him into close quarters, which is where Sonic far excels over Johnny. Not to mention, in the meantime, Sonic would be growing stronger every second during this confrontation. Effectively neutralizing one of Johnny's greatest advantages (AP/Dura).

Of course, Johnny has some powers with practical use such as teleportation or telekinesis, but I haven't seen him use telekinesis that often, the range doesn't seem all that impressive, and Johnny's unlikely to utilize it to its fullest due to his intellect. As for teleportation, sure, that could help him evade a few attacks, but it's not really going to save him forever. It's only so long before he gets locked onto and assaulted by countless attacks from Sonic given the speed amp his Homing Attacks provide in addition to the passive development likely affecting his speed which would give him a general speed advantage over Johnny as the battle goes on.

All in all, Sonic takes this mid to high diff due to vastly superior skill, passive accelerated development, and slightly because of his move-set.
Really dope analysis. I'll wait for Random before giving my vote

Overall, @LaserPrecision made quite a few good points about the battle, though there were some key things about Johnny that he missed.

Versatility - Johnny by far has more abilities. However, this advantage isn't overwhelming, as, in character, Johnny doesn't use these abilities all the time despite there being perfect scenarios for them. This is likely due to his ignorance at times and still being a young kid with relatively little experience in combat compared to someone like Sonic. So it's unlikely he'll be using most of these abilities to gain the upper hand even when the situation calls for it. Though he is very likely to go through several of these abilities.
Johnny leads with Hurricane Hands, Power Poots, and Teleportation spam (though I'll get more into Teleportation later). Johnny has shown to be able to use multiple of his powers to defeat his enemies. For context, Johnny used his Thunder Arms to crush the Super Soldier (The General), then used his invisibility to strap him down. Johnny'll definitely use other abilities other than Hurricane Hands and Power Poots to defeat his opponent (I legit just showed an example of him using other abilities to defeat his opponent). Yes. Johnny isn't as experienced or skilled as Sonic, but he's more than smart enough to know to use his other abilities if the one he's using won't work. In fact, looking at Johnny's intel section, he's at his most intelligent when he's engaged in combat and/or planning a strategy. He's really only dumb when it comes to school, and that stems from laziness.

AP/Dura - Johnny starts off with a 3.9x stat advantage, nearly 4x Sonic's level. That's going to give Sonic a lot of trouble, as he'll be receiving more than moderate damage with each attack he takes. In fact, it'd likely take a few combo's at most to knock him unconscious. This also means Johnny is going to be able to tank attacks from Sonic with only minor damage.
Very true. Stack on Johnny's Pain Tolerance, Regen (kind of), and Elasticity, and you got a opponent who's going to be very hard to take down.

Range - From the looks of it, at least a few of Johnny's attacks have kilometers of range, which gives him a huge range advantage over Sonic. Meaning he could use his attacks from the safety of a long-distance, assuming he's smart enough to abuse this advantage.
His Several Kilometers of range come from his Power Poots and Hurricane Hands (though you can argue his Power Poots have higher range due to the explosion exceeding the range of the city). He will definitely abuse this range advantage. Power Poots and Hurricane Hands are his go to abilities, so these being the only 2 abilities that Several Kilometers of range won't be an issue.

Flight - As noted in another fight, Sonic can't fly. Meaning if Johnny is smart enough to abuse that, he can maintain a large distance between himself and Sonic with flight. However, I'm unsure if he'd either; A. Be smart enough to think of this, and B. Sonic would give him this opportunity.
He definitely would use flight to his advantage. Flight is one of the more notable abilities Johnny would use in this key (though not as prominent as Power Poots and Hurricane Hands, or even Teleportation).

Telekinesis - This is advantageous if the range is actually kilometers long, though I haven't seen the range reach that far. But assuming it was kilometers long, he could hold Sonic in the air, and without any leverage, he'd be mostly immobile.
Johnny only used Telekinesis on one occasion. It's unlikely he'll do it here. So Sonic is just fine here. Plus, his Telekinesis does not extend to kilometers long.

Regeneration - The regeneration is noted to be inconsistent on the profile, so I'm unsure of how practical it would be here, but it could possibly allow him to recover from attacks he does receive damage from.
This can help, but it won't be "break a bone, regenerate, break a bone, regenerate" kind of scenario, due to it being inconsistent.

Teleportation - From what I've seen before, it's actually in character for Johnny to use this ability, and from what else I've seen, it's usually to avoid attacks he normally couldn't. However, he doesn't seem prone to spamming it from what I know. I don't think I really need to clarify why this is useful.
Johnny will spam the shit out of this. Also, to clarify how far Johnny can teleport, he can teleport from Earth to space, so hitting Johnny will be extremely difficult to do, let alone causing any major damage to the kid due to how much of a tank he is.

Passive Accelerated Development - This is going to carry most of Sonic's advantages. As we know, at the beginning of the battle, Sonic's going to start at a statistical disadvantage. However, thanks to his accelerated development, he can physically improve every second. This means as the battle goes on, he'd be getting stronger, more durable, faster, etc. Mitigating the advantages that Johnny has to begin with over the course of the battle. This means he'd eventually be able to start taking attacks more easily from him and also dish out more damage to Johnny. He may end up slowly surpassing Johnny physically as well if the battle is prolonged long enough.
This is definitely Sonic's biggest advantage in this fight, though I believe Johnny should be able to keep his distance thanks to the massive range advantage he has.

Intelligence/Skill - This one's more obvious. True, Sonic's only about 15, but he's been on numerous adventures throughout his life and has shown to be an extremely competent fighter. He strategizes how to defeat his opponents, has defeated those with hundreds of years more experience than him, overwhelmed opponents equal to or stronger than him with information programmed into them on how to hard counter him, and he always comes out victorious. If he was on the losing side of the battle, he'd play it far more safely and think of ways to counter Johnny's advantages over him. Despite Johnny also knowing karate and having ninja DNA, it's highly unlikely he'd have an advantage in hand-to-hand combat against Sonic who's fought against countless foes, with some having their own martial experience and coming out on top against characters who are stronger than himself.
Yeah. This one goes to Sonic, though isn't a idiot by any means (specifically in a combat scenario), so Johnny can still think of plans to outsmart Sonic here.

Agility - This is what's going to render Johnny's flight useless. Well, not entirely useless, but it makes it nearly impossible for Johnny to try and create distance between the two. If he tried to fly directly up, not only can Sonic scale up buildings, he can leap hundreds of meters if not kilometers into the air. This in conjunction with his skill makes it hard for Johnny to abuse range. When you take his passive development into account, this is going to become troublesome as Sonic becomes faster.
This gets nullified thanks to Johnny's massive teleportation range, though I will agree that Johnny will struggle with this a fair bit.

Body Control - While Johnny also possesses this, Sonic's is a tad bit more practical. He can control his body mid-air to change direction, and more importantly, he's able to sharpen his quills for attacks meant for cutting. Of course, this won't matter much, to begin with, due to Sonic's inferior physicals, but that will change as the match progresses. Sonic would eventually be able to start throwing out attacks that can cut through Johnny if necessary.
Johnny has shown to be quite elusive while in mid-air (this is more so Acrobatics than Body Control, but still impressive nonetheless). He can also use it to avoid decapitation, or attacks that aim at the head. Sonic's Body Control is more so used for offense, while Johnny's is used primarily for defense, so I would make the argument that they are fairly even in terms of this.

Homing Attack - An underrated method of attacking. Sonic's able to instinctively lock on to foes tens of meters away and wail on them at high speeds. This is especially true in the IDW Comic where the ability explicitly gives him a temporary boost in speed that allows Sonic to blitz those who are comparable to him which can evidently be followed up by a barrage of homing attacks, or a flurry of punches/kicks that'd clearly cause significant damage to any who are comparable in power to him. Eventually, this would be the case with Johnny as Sonic grows stronger throughout the battle.
Fair, but Johnny can make up for this thanks to Pain Tolerance, and maybe Regen depending on how strong Sonic gets throughout the fight.

Overall, while you made some good points, there were some key things about Johnny you missed here. Johnny is more than capable of using other abilities. I already showed scans of him doing so. Johnny has a few dura hax that'll make it easier for him to tank hits from Sonic (that Pain Tolerance and Elasticity is going to be a pain in the ass for Sonic). Johnny's teleportation range far exceeds any distance Sonic can cover, so if Sonic ends up becoming faster than Johnny, Johnny can just teleport a solid enough distance to avoid Sonic's barrage of attacks. Also, it will take a bit for Sonic to become as strong and durable as Johnny, while even if Sonic will become stronger and more durable, Johnny will have a easier time tanking Sonic's attacks than Sonic with Johnny.

Imo, Johnny's versatility, range, and power, and overall better counters should give him the win more often than not.

Johnny leads with Hurricane Hands, Power Poots, and Teleportation spam (though I'll get more into Teleportation later). Johnny has shown to be able to use multiple of his powers to defeat his enemies. For context, Johnny used his Thunder Arms to crush the Super Soldier (The General), then used his invisibility to strap him down. Johnny'll definitely use other abilities other than Hurricane Hands and Power Poots to defeat his opponent (I legit just showed an example of him using other abilities to defeat his opponent).
I should've specified more. I don't think Johnny's a stupid kid or anything. Rather he's just ignorant when it comes to using his abilities to the fullest. Or I guess another way to put it would be incompetent. He doesn't always seem to use the abilities that would end the fight quickest, and my point was that while he's likely to use multiple abilities, it's unlikely he'd use most, much less all of his abilities. If I had to take a guess, Johnny's probably used some powers that he only abused once or twice in the series, and it was never acknowledged again, right?
Very true. Stack on Johnny's Pain Tolerance, Regen (kind of), and Elasticity, and you got a opponent who's going to be very hard to take down.
While Pain Tolerance is useful, I think people give it more credit than it's worth. It's essentially fighting through the pain of attacks. You can still get brutalized, but the characters can usually continue fighting despite their injuries and whatnot. Take Garo from OPM for example. He can be stabbed/impaled, beat up numerous times, and poisoned, and he can still keep fighting despite all that.

One thing to note is there are levels of pain tolerance. Some people can tolerate bruises, some people can tolerate both of their arms being ripped off. I'm unsure of how good Johnny's pain tolerance is here.

I also don't know much about elasticity, but I don't recall that inherently making it harder to damage a character.
His Several Kilometers of range come from his Power Poots and Hurricane Hands (though you can argue his Power Poots have higher range due to the explosion exceeding the range of the city).
Well at least that clears up the range more precisely (To be fair, the explosion doesn't exceed the city, it's the mushroom cloud. The part that matters is the center collum)
He definitely would use flight to his advantage. Flight is one of the more notable abilities Johnny would use in this key (though not as prominent as Power Poots and Hurricane Hands, or even Teleportation).
While I don't doubt that, has he shown in character to abuse range via flight to take down opponents from afar? Lots of characters can fly, but most don't abuse their range and just spam ranged attacks, and rather attack them physically or go in close after a few attacks.
Johnny only used Telekinesis on one occasion. It's unlikely he'll do it here. So Sonic is just fine here. Plus, his Telekinesis does not extend to kilometers long.
That's a bit of a shame for Johnny. Think that's one of his more useful abilities. But if he's only used it once, it does seem unlikely he'd use it again. Though that does kind of go back to my point earlier about Johnny being incompetent when it comes to fighting (That isn't to say he's stupid or completely inexperienced) as Telekinesis is a very useful ability. I mean, just like at IDW Silver, lol.
This can help, but it won't be "break a bone, regenerate, break a bone, regenerate" kind of scenario, due to it being inconsistent.
Yea, the regen part kind of confuses me.
Johnny will spam the shit out of this. Also, to clarify how far Johnny can teleport, he can teleport from Earth to space, so hitting Johnny will be extremely difficult to do, let alone causing any major damage to the kid due to how much of a tank he is.
Huh, the video isn't available to me for some reason. But I believe you. Though could you clarify on him spamming it? I thought you mentioned that earlier on.
This is definitely Sonic's biggest advantage in this fight, though I believe Johnny should be able to keep his distance thanks to the massive range advantage he has.
I think with teleportation he can certainly keep his distance assuming he spams it. Though is his first instinct to teleport as far away from his opponent as possible, or does he typically use it to dodge an attack and appear near the enemy, but not in their direct line of sight?
Yeah. This one goes to Sonic, though isn't a idiot by any means (specifically in a combat scenario), so Johnny can still think of plans to outsmart Sonic here.
I don't think he's an idiot, but I do find him outsmarting Sonic pretty difficult. At least in combat. Sonic outside of combat is also pretty smart. He can usually somewhat keep up with Tails rants and instructions and going by the games which the comics are supposed to follow, he created his own Biplane (The plane we see in Sonic 2, 3, and later on in the series is the plane Sonic built).
Johnny has shown to be quite elusive while in mid-air (this is more so Acrobatics than Body Control, but still impressive nonetheless).
While his ability to dodge does seem relatively impressive, it should be noted the lasers were stationary. Sonic would be moving at high speeds. Especially if you account for him likely getting faster as that fight goes on.
He can also use it to avoid decapitation, or attacks that aim at the head. Sonic's Body Control is more so used for offense, while Johnny's is used primarily for defense, so I would make the argument that they are fairly even in terms of this.
Has he shown control over more of his body? Because what if Sonic decided instead to chop his torso in half instead of specifically his head?
Fair, but Johnny can make up for this thanks to Pain Tolerance, and maybe Regen depending on how strong Sonic gets throughout the fight.
I guess that's true. Though isn't it likely that Johnny would be knocked out if he got blitzed by a large barrage of attacks (Of course, that would be once Sonic gets to his level and above, not while he's still weaker).
Johnny's teleportation range far exceeds any distance Sonic can cover, so if Sonic ends up becoming faster than Johnny, Johnny can just teleport a solid enough distance to avoid Sonic's barrage of attacks.
Usually, when he's barraging the opponent, it's after a homing attack with gives him a short burst of speed great enough to let him blitz people equal to him in combat speed. I don't think he'd be able to teleport from the barrage followed up after a homing attack if it happens in such a short timeframe. I mean, teleporting while you're in the middle of getting pummeled is one thing. But teleporting while getting pummeled faster than you can react is another thing alltogether.

But assuming Johnny abuses his teleportation for range, Sonic as I mentioned earlier would strategize to bring him into close quarters combat. Whether that be by sneaking underneath the city (He's also implied he can burrow) where Johnny would need to pursue him in order to continue fighting, or even by continuously running away and taking cover behind the many MANY buildings accessible in Z-City.

I should've specified more. I don't think Johnny's a stupid kid or anything. Rather he's just ignorant when it comes to using his abilities to the fullest. Or I guess another way to put it would be incompetent. He doesn't always seem to use the abilities that would end the fight quickest, and my point was that while he's likely to use multiple abilities, it's unlikely he'd use most, much less all of his abilities. If I had to take a guess, Johnny's probably used some powers that he only abused once or twice in the series, and it was never acknowledged again, right?
Nah. Johnny literally opens with his strongest attacks, and he definitely uses those specific abilities to their fullest. This also applies to his other abilities like Teleportation (this is a big one), Invisibility, Heat/Weather Manipulation (due to his Heat Mode transformation), and more. You're right on the fact that Johnny will use most of his abilities (outside of the abilities he used like only once).

While Pain Tolerance is useful, I think people give it more credit than it's worth. It's essentially fighting through the pain of attacks. You can still get brutalized, but the characters can usually continue fighting despite their injuries and whatnot. Take Garo from OPM for example. He can be stabbed/impaled, beat up numerous times, and poisoned, and he can still keep fighting despite all that.

One thing to note is there are levels of pain tolerance. Some people can tolerate bruises, some people can tolerate both of their arms being ripped off. I'm unsure of how good Johnny's pain tolerance is here.

I also don't know much about elasticity, but I don't recall that inherently making it harder to damage a character.
Reading Johnny's Pain Tolerance shows that he can tolerate broken bones, as well as having his DNA mutated, beat up numerous times, electrocuted, burnt, and much more. This comes from him doing over 10,000 experiments. For Elasticity, while it won't make it harder to damage a character, it will make it harder to kill that character.

Well at least that clears up the range more precisely (To be fair, the explosion doesn't exceed the city, it's the mushroom cloud. The part that matters is the center collum)
Are you talking about the yellow-orange-ish part of the explosion? If so, then that part also exceeds the city. Play the link back and examine the explosion, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

While I don't doubt that, has he shown in character to abuse range via flight to take down opponents from afar? Lots of characters can fly, but most don't abuse their range and just spam ranged attacks, and rather attack them physically or go in close after a few attacks.
1. Johnny X is a ranged fighter. CQC/H2H is something he doesn't do in character.
2. I wouldn't say Johnny would abuse flight, but he will definitely use it to at least gain some distance. I apologize if I exaggerated it a bit.
3. Spamming ranged attacks is what Johnny would do here, along with pretty much every fight he would get into.

That's a bit of a shame for Johnny. Think that's one of his more useful abilities. But if he's only used it once, it does seem unlikely he'd use it again. Though that does kind of go back to my point earlier about Johnny being incompetent when it comes to fighting (That isn't to say he's stupid or completely inexperienced) as Telekinesis is a very useful ability. I mean, just like at IDW Silver, lol.
Yeah, but he can definitely make that up with the numerous abilities he has other than that.

Huh, the video isn't available to me for some reason. But I believe you. Though could you clarify on him spamming it? I thought you mentioned that earlier on.
I will provide you with links regardless if the video(s) are available to you or not. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. So yeah, will spam Teleportation like his life depends on it.

I think with teleportation he can certainly keep his distance assuming he spams it. Though is his first instinct to teleport as far away from his opponent as possible, or does he typically use it to dodge an attack and appear near the enemy, but not in their direct line of sight?
Johnny will spam it (already explained above). Johnny will teleport in any desirable position. He won't teleport extremely far distances unless needed (which he will likely do here since Sonic can jump kilometers high in the air).

I don't think he's an idiot, but I do find him outsmarting Sonic pretty difficult. At least in combat. Sonic outside of combat is also pretty smart. He can usually somewhat keep up with Tails rants and instructions and going by the games which the comics are supposed to follow, he created his own Biplane (The plane we see in Sonic 2, 3, and later on in the series is the plane Sonic built).
Intelligence: Varies from Below Average to Above Average in his best showings (Johnny's intelligence varies drastically depending on each episode. In some instances, he has shown to be capable of outsmarting Susan and Mary, who are geniuses, and while more often than not, he'll use fear tactics instead of sheer wit to "outsmart" his sisters, he has shown to be capable of using other methods other than fear tactics to outsmart his sisters. He is also capable of using the environment around him in very creative ways. Johnny has also come up with creative or clever plans that end up saving the day. However, Johnny isn't very academically remarkable. He thought 2+2 equaled Monster Truck, and has received a lot of bad grades in school, although the latter mostly stems from laziness).

Johnny at his best, can outsmart people as smart as Susan and Mary (who are Extraordinary Geniuses). While this doesn't make Johnny a genius (that's wanking), but to say he can't outsmart geniuses, let alone someone like Sonic, is a bit of a stretch.

While his ability to dodge does seem relatively impressive, it should be noted the lasers were stationary. Sonic would be moving at high speeds. Especially if you account for him likely getting faster as that fight goes on.
The lasers were definitely stationary, but that shouldn't take away from this at all. At first, Johnny should be able to do this before Sonic becomes too fast. Though, it's unlikely Johnny would even do this, as he has Teleportation.

Has he shown control over more of his body? Because what if Sonic decided instead to chop his torso in half instead of specifically his head?
Oh. Then Johnny will have to teleport away.

I guess that's true. Though isn't it likely that Johnny would be knocked out if he got blitzed by a large barrage of attacks (Of course, that would be once Sonic gets to his level and above, not while he's still weaker).
If they become equal in strength, then I honestly doubt Johnny would get knocked out (vice versa for Sonic, and this is almost making me side on Incon).

Usually, when he's barraging the opponent, it's after a homing attack with gives him a short burst of speed great enough to let him blitz people equal to him in combat speed. I don't think he'd be able to teleport from the barrage followed up after a homing attack if it happens in such a short timeframe. I mean, teleporting while you're in the middle of getting pummeled is one thing. But teleporting while getting pummeled faster than you can react is another thing alltogether.
Even with this, I highly doubt Johnny would get knocked out (like I said above).

But assuming Johnny abuses his teleportation for range, Sonic as I mentioned earlier would strategize to bring him into close quarters combat. Whether that be by sneaking underneath the city (He's also implied he can burrow) where Johnny would need to pursue him in order to continue fighting, or even by continuously running away and taking cover behind the many MANY buildings accessible in Z-City.
Johnny has 2 ways of countering this:
1. This one's a little weird, but Johnny can legit sense events that are happening without looking.
2. Johnny can use, his Telepathic powers (should honestly be Clairvoyance) to track where Sonic is.

I also forgot to say that Johnny is casually above 50.3 Kilotons. Doesn't add much, though.

I think I'm going for Incon instead of going for Johnny. Johnny can legit end the fight before Sonic gets equal to his power, and he's extremely hard to catch and take down. Sonic is very skilled, and his Accelerated Development will make things difficult for Johnny.

Incon FRA

I think being reminded of Johnny's Teleportation and range spam made me remember how much of a menace he is. Coupled with his Pain Tolerance and such he's definitely a dangerous foe.

Not to say Sonic doesn't have anything against him tho

I think being reminded of Johnny's Teleportation and range spam made me remember how much of a menace he is. Coupled with his Pain Tolerance and such he's definitely a dangerous foe.

Not to say Sonic doesn't have anything against him tho
Is that a vote for Johnny?

Damn.

1 for Johnny.

1 for Sonic.

1 for Inconclusive.

This is kinda giving me Luffy vs Johnny vibes tbh.

Nah. Johnny literally opens with his strongest attacks, and he definitely uses those specific abilities to their fullest.
When I say fullest I mean he uses them not only nearly every time the scenario calls for it, 100% efficiently, finds different and unique ways to utilize and apply it. But that's more a personal thing, I get what you mean.
Reading Johnny's Pain Tolerance shows that he can tolerate broken bones, as well as having his DNA mutated, beat up numerous times, electrocuted, burnt, and much more. This comes from him doing over 10,000 experiments.
Is he shown to usually fight after suffering these injuries? Like when his bones were broken, was he able to fight just fine? Or after the 10,000 experiments was he able to continue his battle?
For Elasticity, while it won't make it harder to damage a character, it will make it harder to kill that character.
Because they're harder to hit or for a different reason?
Are you talking about the yellow-orange-ish part of the explosion? If so, then that part also exceeds the city. Play the link back and examine the explosion, and you'll see what I'm talking about.
This part of the explosion:

Screenshot-2022-05-26-5-28-27-PM.png

1. Johnny X is a ranged fighter. CQC/H2H is something he doesn't do in character.
2. I wouldn't say Johnny would abuse flight, but he will definitely use it to at least gain some distance. I apologize if I exaggerated it a bit.
3. Spamming ranged attacks is what Johnny would do here, along with pretty much every fight he would get into.
Fair enough. What does Johnny do in the scenarios where he's forced into closer quarters? Is he just doomed? As that's likely what Sonic's going to go for.
I will provide you with links regardless if the video(s) are available to you or not. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. So yeah, will spam Teleportation like his life depends on it.
While in all these clips, Johnny is teleporting, however, he never spammed it in combat. It was only Dookie that ever did it to dodge those fire blasts. I can picture him using it to dodge an attack, but not spamming it repeatedly to dodge almost every attack.
Intelligence: Varies from Below Average to Above Average in his best showings (Johnny's intelligence varies drastically depending on each episode. In some instances, he has shown to be capable of outsmarting Susan and Mary, who are geniuses, and while more often than not, he'll use fear tactics instead of sheer wit to "outsmart" his sisters, he has shown to be capable of using other methods other than fear tactics to outsmart his sisters. He is also capable of using the environment around him in very creative ways. Johnny has also come up with creative or clever plans that end up saving the day. However, Johnny isn't very academically remarkable. He thought 2+2 equaled Monster Truck, and has received a lot of bad grades in school, although the latter mostly stems from laziness).

Johnny at his best, can outsmart people as smart as Susan and Mary (who are Extraordinary Geniuses). While this doesn't make Johnny a genius (that's wanking), but to say he can't outsmart geniuses, let alone someone like Sonic, is a bit of a stretch.
He seems to outsmart them in the field they aren't a supergenius in. If he outsmarted them in Mechanical Engineering, it'd be one thing (While that isn't to say they're dumb outside of their main field, they just simply aren't nearly as experienced in that field as others), but tricking them and planning ahead to escape from them is different, and not really in a combat setting. But assuming it translated to combat, it required Johnny time to elaborately scheme it and enact the plan. I'm unsure he'd get such chances against Sonic. I mean, Sonic himself has also outsmarted a super genius, i.e. Neo Metal Sonic who was programmed with Dr. Eggman's intellect, in which Sonic was able to stall him out from immediately defeating them by exploiting his personality flaws. I don't think it's the most impressive thing, albeit it is more combat applicable given he tricked someone in the middle of an attack.
The lasers were definitely stationary, but that shouldn't take away from this at all. At first, Johnny should be able to do this before Sonic becomes too fast. Though, it's unlikely Johnny would even do this, as he has Teleportation.
It's of course still impressive, but I figure someone as agile as Sonic would be way harder to dodge mid-air. Especially with how he has great control over where he goes in the air and can homing attack, which I don't see Johnny reliably dodging if he were hypothetically falling (Unlikely since he can fly).
Oh. Then Johnny will have to teleport away.
But would he know to teleport away? He wouldn't really know Sonic's targeting his torso until after being hit, right?
If they become equal in strength, then I honestly doubt Johnny would get knocked out (vice versa for Sonic, and this is almost making me side on Incon).
Perhaps not, after all, it didn't knock out Neo Metal Sonic when he was barraged... though I don't think he can be knocked out since he's a robot to be fair... but it consistently did devastating damage to the characters he used it on. Even with pain tolerance, he should be taking a heavy physical toll.
Johnny has 2 ways of countering this:
1. This one's a little weird, but Johnny can legit sense events that are happening without looking.
Just out of curiosity, to what extent does this ability work? Like, has he used it in battle or any other time? It could end up being useful in locating Sonic.
2. Johnny can use, his Telepathic powers (should honestly be Clairvoyance) to track where Sonic is.
It's true he'd be able to see this, but this doesn't change much as Johnny would still need to go to Sonic to fight, and if Sonic moved to an enclosed area like the sewers, Sonic would gain an immediate advantage due to the cramped environment. Forcing close combat onto him.
I think I'm going for Incon instead of going for Johnny. Johnny can legit end the fight before Sonic gets equal to his power, and he's extremely hard to catch and take down. Sonic is very skilled, and his Accelerated Development will make things difficult for Johnny.
I may go for incon depending on the arguments to come, but for now, I'll stick to Sonic a little longer. Unrelated, but I just found it funny that Johnny somehow provides more of a challenge than someone far more skilled, such as Deku.

Gonna give my vote to Sonic.

I think the skill difference between the two is something greater than what it's being treated to be. I don't even really see Johnny being much trouble in taking down considering Sonic can completely wreck bosses with years of research into his movement patterns in its design (this is also one of the few mechs we actually see in IDW in a flashback iirc so we know it exists) and could whoop Emerl's ass in 30 seconds (who had the skill and moves of Sonic himself, Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Rouge, and Cream). Not to mention he's already used to fighting teleporters, so it's not like it's a technique he's never seen.

Sonic is as cunning as his spines are sharp. If the problem is range, he's going to put himself in a favorable position to be able to either reach him or wear his patience thin (something that seems to be wholly possible, considering Johnny's arrogance and seemingly immature mindset). This is even assuming Johnny can reliably land any hits on Sonic from afar, who scoffs at missles/gunfire/lasers like they're a joke, and has seen and/or dealt with practically everything Johnny has in his arsenal. In fact, the battle actually becomes detrimental the longer Johnny takes because Sonic's strength is doing nothing but catching up to his.

The way I see it, Johnny has no reliable method of putting down Sonic quickly enough to stop his Accelerated Development. And from there, it's only a matter of time.

Just to keep track of the people have voted so far and haven't been added to the OP:

ShakeResounding, GlaceonGamez471, Bruhtelho, sanicspood

pretty sure that's all

Back