• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Golden 2Cs: Arceus vs Athena

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
Remember when we used to make Arceus vs Hades? Yeah me too.

Course, I am a sadistic god, so I'm not gonna hold out on this, Speed Equal.

Arceus: 3

Athena: 3

Okay, it's time for me to argue

AP Advantage

• Arceus
Good, Giratina has Stomp Palkia & Dialga that are Baseline 2-C, Arceus has Stomp Giratina without any worries, so Arceus is Above 2-C Baseline (obviously)

• Athena
Base Hades is absurdly above Baseline 2-C (keeps 3 Universe even while being asleep and base form), moreover, with are Surplice, that should be even bigger, Athena has managed to Kill Hades with Surplice (with the help of saint ect ...)

I really think that Athena> Arceus in terms of AP

Hax Advantage

• Arceus
here it seems that arceus has more hax than athena I see some useful:

-Law Manipulation: I do not know how it works with arceus but this may cause some concern

-Age manipulation: it seems that he can rejuvenate people until he forgets

-Power mimicry: all is in the name

-Conceptual manipulation: considering that it was not used in an applicable way in a fight, I do not know.

• Athena:
Regenerationn: owning Mid Godly renders 70/80% of arceus hax inefficient

-Divine Cosmos: it removes the 5 senses of the opponent, it is enough cheater like capacity

-Existance Erasure: It can bypass Mid Godly, its erasure can erase Arceus that does not show a high level of resistance to EE (or simply does not have it)

-Atomic Manipulation: May be useful against arceus

-Abstract Nature: Yeah .... it's very useful here.

Note: So Arceus will not be able to kill Athena, athena if with a higher AP and extremely useful hax

Conclusion

• Arceus: he can not kill Athena, he will not start with hax like law manipulation and will normally attack with basic attack, will realize that it does not work. his only chance is to literally rejuvenate Athena to oblivion (IDK if it works)
  • Athena: the fact that she can beat arceus with almost all her attack the advantage really, the fact that she can removed her 5 senses and is almost intuable does not boot anything more, she can definitely clear Arceus
Athena Win Mid Difficulty likely more

Athena Cloth Render

Well, Saori's Resistances and Regen could help a lot here. Are Arceus' forcefields good enough to protect him from having his mind shut down?

She would be able to win via Nike...maybe. But the AP advantage doesn't go to her. Hades is ''stronger'' than her.

"Athena has managed to kill Hades with Surplice"

Hades: "Could have easily killed Athena if he wasn't holding back"

Well, then I think I'm voting Athena then, Arceus can't get past that Regen, and she has a lot of Resistances, there's also that Abstract Existence, and she apparently has higher AP too (I guess?)

Anyway, Arceus plates + conceptual mind screw (via Uxie) might be enough, and has the means to stave off Nike for the time being...possibly.

I know but there is a difference between:

• Sleeping Hades = 3 Universe
  • Hades base = 3 Universe +
  • Hades Surplice = 3 Universe ++++

He trapped her in a time loop and has a victory against her.

Pretty sure having a victory against someone with it means you can bypass it, just not necessarily kill them.

Erm...

Darkrai = 2 universes

Palkia or Dialga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Darkrai

Giratina>Palkia+Dialga

Sleeping Arceus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Creation Trio

I think Arceus can win by his broken Power Nullification, which would get rid of the Staff of Nike and force Athena to the abilities she had during her beginning.

Gargoyle One said:
He trapped her in a time loop and has a victory against her.
Pretty sure having a victory against someone with it means you can bypass it, just not necessarily kill them.
it was not really that otherwise he would not have won (I'm too lazy to say why so ....)

it is said that he held head to Bloodlust Palkia so I do not think Palkia >>>>>>>>>>> Darkrai, I'm tired so I wish you good night

Darkrai has been portrayed to be absoultely terrified of Palkia, and only stood a ghost of a chance because Palkia was weakened, and not even focused on Darkrai, and instead was fighting Dialga. But good night, bud.

I don't think Athena's the one who have the ap advantage here since Hades could have easily kill her if he wasn't holding back. Arceus is 2-C via being immensely stronger than the combined might of the Creation Trio (Giratina is stronger than both Dialga and Palkia, with one of them alone absolutely dwarfs Darkrai, a baseline 2-C, in power even while weakened and not even focusing it's attention on Darkrai at all) so I think Arceus is the one who is stronger here.

Athena's Advantage:

Divine Cosmos: Arceus' plates may counter against that and it's consciousness actually exists across space-time

Atomic Manipulation: Don't think it's enough to put down Arceus since it's actually just a physical manifestation of the Original One.

Abstract Nature: Don't know about this but Arceus casually stomp the embodiments of Time, Space and Antimatter altogether so I'm not so sure whether this will help or not.

That said, her Mid-Godly regen and type 8 immortality makes her extremely hard for Arceus to put down, but then again I doubt she can bypass Arceus' attack negating plates and type 9 immortality, and I do see that Arceus will eventually incapitate her via ap advantage and haxes like Power Nullification or time loop (scaling from Dialga who is a mere aspect of Arceus, who can trap Giratina, an acausal being, in a time loop)

I counted Cal's vote for Arceus assuming he voted sense he's kinda arguing for Arceus throughout the whole thread.

2:2?

From what I hear, Yes, Arceus should have the AP advantage, however the only way for arceus to win is by "special" means (Uxie's abilities for example) he will not do it directly, whereas Meme a transmutation could kill Arceus (for example), if athena starts directly, she would win in most scenarios with her first attack (since all her attack seems to work against arceus) more, her hax can compensate for the lack of AP

Edit: Time loop is countered by Timeline Nuke..?

I still don't understand Type 9 tbh...Like I still don't understand how one beats a Type 9 character....

99% sure he's being sarcastic.

I reaaaaalllllllyyyyy don't now if I want to restrict it or not....

I just don't understand Type 9. I really never get a concrete answer. From how it sounds, unless you beat 2-B Arceus, you cannot beat 2-C Arceus.....But, I don't feel like getting into a screaming match and as such I will remain neutral.

Back