• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I stand with Goku because in hell we burn the tickets to the FRA train.
Voting Goku to the end and for the sake of the argument had.

Goku withstood several pressure point attacks from Hit; he even KO'd Frost with them. Since the gas affects the nerve cells, why should it affect Goku if he also withstood several attacks to his nerves?

Dude. Pal. That is my whole point. Why do I need to get out of the thread, walk through episode by episode of DBS and get screenshots to prove things that are already proven, of a character that is probably the most well known anime face ever.
Refer to the "provbe the sky is blue" metaphor. I have free time on me to debate but not enough to use it on redundant debating.
If this were me arguing I dunno Blood Lad or nameobscureanime101 I'd be showering the thread in scans because I know no one knows that character. Here you're basically telling me to waste time to prove something everyone knows AND you should know because you even read the manga.
I just want to see scans of UI Goku sensing something similar to an uncolor, indolor gas, and the countering it. That's it

Goku withstood several pressure point attacks from Hit; he even KO'd Frost with them. Since the gas affects the nerve cells, why should it affect Goku if he also withstood several attacks to his nerves?
Pretty sure Goku didn't, since right before his fight Vegeta lost because of that. Goku just learned how to counter them, not tank it. Plus a gas that affects the bloodstream is different from pressure points

Also just before Goku jobbed to Frost's poison

I just want to see scans of UI Goku sensing something similar to an uncolor, indolor gas, and the countering it. That's it
Someone else already answered you this, he doesn't need a feat doing exactly that, just the feat of having sensed danger that he should otherwise not know about or be able to react to. Whole gimmick of this form is to do just that. He'll sense DD is releasing the gas and evade where it's spreading to accordingly.

Someone else already answered you this, he doesn't need a feat doing exactly that, just the feat of having sensed danger that he should otherwise not know about or be able to react to. Whole gimmick of this form is to do just that. He'll sense DD is releasing the gas and evade where it's spreading to accordingly.
Ok, scans of him sensing danger from something similar to the air he breathes? Because I hope someone doesn't just show Goku evading things like punches or smth

Pretty sure Goku didn't, since right before his fight Vegeta lost because of that. Goku just learned how to counter them, not tank it. Plus a gas that affects the bloodstream is different from pressure points

Also just before Goku jobbed to Frost's poison
No, he did actually tank two of them.

(0:44 and 0:51. Afterwards is when he began adjusting to Hit's fighting style)

No, he did actually tank two of them.

(0:44 and 0:51. Afterwards is when he began adjusting to Hit's fighting style)

Goku clearly was affected by those attacks. Hit sadly isn't a Kenshiro where he insta-kills with one touch, especially in a tournament where killing was banned.

When Hit tried to kill Goku he one-shotted him with pressure points

Ok, scans of him sensing danger from something similar to the air he breathes? Because I hope someone doesn't just show Goku evading things like punches or smth
You never showed me scans of DD warping extremely far away when the boss fight shows him standing there throwing multiple things at shadow even when the player closes in, AND even when he warps away it's like some 10 to 20 meters at least.
So, if we're going to argue only EXACT feats shown, fine by me.
DD tries to release Gas, Goku has already closed in on him, he warps some 10 meters away andtries to throw objects at goku or energy blasts, gets outskilled to hell, godbinded and then killed with a kamehameha.

No, you need to show him reacting to something he wouldn't think of as a threat, like the air he is breathing. Of course Goku would react to a punch even if he isn't seeing it
No need. He doesn't need to consider it a threat, UI doesn't depend on Goku's will.

This is verbatim what's described by Whis.
"It's not an easy technique to master, even Beerus couldn't do it. It allows your body moves on its own, and with it, you can avoid any danger."
— Dragon Ball Super, Episode 18. ~19:40

The gas only needs to be a danger to Goku for UI to detect.

If that's how thedebating here will go, that's perfectly fine by me. But boy will you have a lot of trouble showing me DD doing ANY of the things you're claiming he does in battle, now.

No need. He doesn't need to consider it a threat, UI doesn't depend on Goku's will.

"It's not an easy technique to master, even Beerus couldn't do it. It allows your body moves on its own, and with it, you can avoid any danger."

Without knowledge he wouldn't know it's even there until it's too late

You never showed me scans of DD warping extremely far away when the boss fight shows him standing there throwing multiple things at shadow even when the player closes in, AND even when he warps away it's like some 10 to 20 meters at least.
I never said he would warp extremely far away and I already explained the later as how Sega coded the fight. If you get at a certain distance he will teleport
DD tries to release Gas, Goku has already closed in on him, he warps some 10 meters away andtries to throw objects at goku or energy blasts, gets outskilled to hell, godbinded and then killed with a kamehameha.
The gas comes from the comet, Goku would get paralysed as he gets close to Devil Doom
Again, this is how the fight is coded, please stop seething at your lack of scans, you even linked the same timestamp twice

I never said he would warp extremely far away and I already explained the later as how Sega coded the fight. If you get at a certain distance he will teleport

The gas comes from the comet, Goku would get paralysed as he gets close to Devil Doom

Again, this is how the fight is coded, please stop seething at your lack of scans
So you have zero scans to show that support it? We go by the fight and what is shown. Not by what you are telling me to believe. Same as you are saying, pal. DD does what he shows to do in his fight, there is no "Sega coded this way, otherwise he would fight different." because you say so and nothing else. You have nothing to show to support that argument. See how fun it is to play this game by your rules?

The gas doesn't really harm Goku tho, he only paralyses it, so I am doubtful it would be a "danger"

Not that Goku is even gonna notice where the danger coming from. Besides, even in Perfected UI the danger sensing thing is not infalible. Goku did get cheap shotted by Granolah who caught him off guard, especially if he loses accurcy

So you have zero scans to show that support it? We go by the fight and what is shown. Not by what you are telling me to believe. Same as you are saying, pal. DD does what he shows to do in his fight, there is no "Sega coded this way, otherwise he would fight different." because you say so and nothing else. You have nothing to show to support that argument. See how fun it is to play this game by your rules?
Stop seething. What scans you want me to show? The game's code? Because in the scan you copied from me you see Devil Doom teleporting when Shadow is close to him, like he is coded to

Also can I take a look at the "gas being used in the fight" scan again? I'd like to see the full context for that.
Black Doom teleports the comet to Earth

The gas affects Sonic and Co

They (somehow) escape from the comet into a shelter (Most likely Lava Shelter)

It later on gets on their shelter

Stop seething. What scans you want me to show? The game's code? Because in the scan you copied from me you see Devil Doom teleporting when Shadow is close to him, like he is coded to
Bro you are saying I'm seething repeatedly when I'm the one who had to ask you to chill two times over in the same thread already.
And... copying scans? I went to Youtube and looked at the boss fight. That's it.
Acting like you own a video is the attitude that makes you sound angry while sounding condescending. Just your everyday advice.
And the fight in question shows that he both doesn't teleport everytime, but when he does it happens to a small distance that his opponent here can easily bridge. End of story.
Furthermore can I see the scans to the gas being used in combat the way you are implying? Because in the video you have linked the characters that are speaking of the gas talk about a comet's gas covering the planet and that it's starting to affect them. Not only aren't they instantly paralyzed, they make no mention of DD using it in combat against shadow, just that the comet's body is covering the planet in the gas.

Alright, genuine thanks for the effort. Hadn't seen it yet. I'll take a look!

Furthermore can I see the scans to the gas being used in combat the way you are implying? Because in the video you have linked the characters that are speaking of the gas talk about a comet's gas covering the planet and that it's starting to affect them. Not only aren't they instantly paralyzed, they make no mention of DD using it in combat against shadow, just that the comet's body is covering the planet in the gas.
Shadow was show early to resist the gas because he is part Black Arms, the gas was in effect the moment the Black Comet
Wait if this gas is passive then tf is goku gonna do?
It comes from the Black Comet being is Earth's atmosphere, so Goku could potentially kill him before he teleports the comet, which is unlikely but a valid wincon

This may just be inconsistency, but while the Eggman and the others are being affected by the gas, they're still able to talk (albeit not move). Could Goku potentially use a kiai if he were in MUI after trading blows with DD, since MUI would grant him a decent AP advantage and allow him enough time to possibly beat him?

Bro you are saying I'm seething repeatedly when I'm the one who had to ask you to chill two times over in the same thread already.
And... copying scans? I went to Youtube and looked at the boss fight. That's it.
Acting like you own a video is the attitude that makes you sound angry while sounding condescending. Just your everyday advice.
And the fight in question shows that he both doesn't teleport everytime, but when he does it happens to a small distance that his opponent here can easily bridge. End of story.
Because you are clearly trying a "gotcha" on me simply because I am asking for scans.

Even the Sonic wiki mentions how he is coded to act:
If Shadow is too close for a long time, or sometimes as he reaches Devil Doom, Devil Doom will teleport away. This also happens after Devil Doom is damaged.
It's not me making shit up

Watched it. So the gas comes from the comet. Is there a statement saying this gas is odorless and invisible because the atmosphere looked anything but normal (entirely red) with the comet around.
If it comes only from the comet Goku could IT away and fight him.
If DD himself can passively emit or apply this utterly undetectable, utterly unreactable gas that can't be seen, felt, smelled or sensed... Which I doubt considering it comes from a giant comet of doom. Then yeah Goku is doomed.
Otherwise I don't see why he wouldn't just be wary and avoid the comet.
Though I'd like to see the instance of Shadow being attacked by the gas earlier and surviving, if possible.

You also did say that if Goku were to get close to DD, he'd be paralyzed, User. If it came from the comet, then Goku shouldn't be near the gas while fighting DD for a bit. Unless they're directly next to the Black Comet.

Because you are clearly trying a "gotcha" on me simply because I am asking for scans.

Even the Sonic wiki mentions how he is coded to act:

It's not me making shit up
That was a joke I couldn't hold back in after saying several times that posting Goku scans felt pointless waste of time and being asked to anyways. I'd abandon this thread before that. Don't get me wrong I'm all for learning more about characters, Goku just feels like a pointless case to do that for most of the time.
But it's no big deal, and my bad if that came across as agressive.
On DD deal, misunderstanding there. Am not saying the fight doesn't happen that way, I'm telling you that the way he's shown to warp around and away doesn't matter much in this fight as the gaps he opens can be easily bridged and he doesn't do it 100% of the time either, engaging in direct combat several times over instead of being always keep away play spammer.

Watched it. So the gas comes from the comet. Is there a statement saying this gas is odorless and invisible because the atmosphere looked anything but normal (entirely red) with the comet around.
That's just the Black Arms normal air, nothing to do with the gas

If it comes only from the comet Goku could IT away and fight him.
If DD himself can passively emit or apply this utterly undetectable, utterly unreactable gas that can't be seen, felt, smelled or sensed... Which I doubt considering it comes from a giant comet of doom. Then yeah Goku is doomed.
Otherwise I don't see why he wouldn't just be wary and avoid the comet.
Though I'd like to see the instance of Shadow being attacked by the gas earlier and surviving, if possible.
When everyone is affected Shadow is included

Then he remembers his past and resists it

You also did say that if Goku were to get close to DD, he'd be paralyzed, User. If it came from the comet, then Goku shouldn't be near the gas while fighting DD for a bit.
Because Black Doom is usually close to his homebase/would teleport it close to him.
On DD deal, misunderstanding there. Am not saying the fight doesn't happen that way, I'm telling you that the way he's shown to warp around and away doesn't matter much in this fight as the gaps he opens can be easily bridged and he doesn't do it 100% of the time either, engaging in direct combat several times over instead of being always keep away play spammer.
All of his attacks are literally projectiles, and you need to get away from him and use Chaos Spear to actually harm him, he is 100% a zoner.

The Zoner part is a distance that doesn't matter for MUI Goku, is what I'm saying. Fair on the other bits.
I'll take your word for it on the rest because my antivirus started to abort connection and tell me some of these videos are infected for whatever reason soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yeah Imma not mess with that.

Back