• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it should be in the stamina section, it should be in powers and abilities, surviving with an oxygen concentration of practically nothing cannot be achieved with stamina especially when the saiyans weren't holding their breath or anything in these conditions, they were still able to breathe.

Limited Self-Sustenance is not a thing. You can not have a portion of infinity. Either you can survive infinitely without oxygen, or you cannot.

Limited Self-Sustenance is not a thing. You can not have a portion of infinity. Either you can survive infinitely without oxygen, or you cannot.
I think you interpret the word Limited in a wrong way. Limited is more like you are being limited in method, being restricted in some condition, etc......

I'm not agree with Limited Self-Sustenance in OP because Goku still sustenance himself with oxy, just he can still operating even the extremely low oxygen environment he is in; but again the feat is still noteworthy and just dumb it down to stamina is inaccurate and personal bias

You cannot call everything you disagree with "inaccurate and personal bias"; that would be biased.

And, yes, the feat is noteworthy.
Still a stamina feat, though.

Where else would we put it, Speed? His Summary? Stamina is literally where this stuff goes.

You cannot call everything you disagree with "inaccurate and personal bias"; that would be biased.

And, yes, the feat is noteworthy.
Still a stamina feat, though.

Where else would we put it, Speed? His Summary? Stamina is literally where this stuff goes.
Can you or other can explain how oxygen related to stamina?? None, that why i said it is inaccurate and personal bias, because you guy prefer your way of interpretation

Why not? If someone can fight for some periods without breathing an adequate amount of oxygen, it should be considered as a stamina feat. It's like how we also rate people who can go for days without eating.

Stamina is an attribute that allows a certain character to remain active, exert itself to prolonged periods of time, and recover from ordeals.
Stamina, encompassing endurance and tolerance, is a factor that heavily depends on one's own body, the way it stores and burns energy and how it reacts to external stimuli, fatigue, stress and more.
Stamina is not simply how long a character can run for. Cardio and the like are the most basic components of stamina. Stamina is just how long you can endure stress and strain and other physical obstacles which would include battling in low oxygen environments, training in areas with a thin atmosphere, or holding your breath underwater for longer than normal.

I'm changing my opinion to agree with AKM. If we can't determine if they were holding their breath or are naturally capable of fighting without needing to breath where it would normally be impossible to, then I suggest having it as a stamina feat or having a "possibly limited self-sustanance", which ever works best.

Stamina is not simply how long a character can run for. Cardio and the like are the most basic components of stamina. Stamina is just how long you can endure stress and strain and other physical obstacles which would include battling in low oxygen environments, training in areas with a thin atmosphere, or holding your breath underwater for longer than normal.
Again, Goku don't hold breath, he suffer no negative effect when in low oxygen environment. If he suffering it but push himself further, adapt or something it is stamina feat. But he suffer nothing, fight at full capacity and even continue to power up before he exert all of his energy

Training is an entirely different case, the ability to endure a long period of time when it come to low oxygen is byproduct, but it have limit and eventually runout which fit under stamina. Oxygen is a life sustenance property, even if you have limitless stamina, lack it you will eventualy die

Well, it seems we have enough agreement to move on with this change. Is somebody willing to handle it?

I can unlock the profiles if you tell me the exact names.

I have unlocked them. Let me know when the changes are done.

I have locked them. Are there any other characters left to update or is it done? If so, we can close this thread.

Are there any other characters left to update or is it done?
I think Vegito and Gogeta probably need to be updated as well. The profile already claims they both can potentially possess almost all the abilities and techniques Goku and Vegeta have.

Actually, never mind. I just realized it was already mentioned that they have at least comparable stamina to them, so the thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back